X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yffet
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
    Perhaps this is better suited to a different thread, but I'm confused by CCP special orders. How does it work, do people seriously pay the store and not get any kind of contract or guarantee of delivery in a given time frame?

The described story, a store saying delivery would take a few weeks and then having it take up to two years, seems absurd especially given the high cost. What makes CCP so special that the wait is worth it, especially given that nothing has really changed in the past 5 years. It seems like a store would have find a way to expedite it and charge a hefty premium, yet instead everyone has become OK with not knowing when their item is going to show up. WTF is up with that?
    I actually do have some kind of contract.

I made a deposit of 500 euros (1400e special order).

Mine says estimated time 4 to 6 month.

Well it's 15 month and 2 days now.

Waiting is not really a problem because i really want the piece and im 100% sure no store is gonna carry it.

I just dont know how things works but i guess something like store>VIP>Good Customers>me should be accurate

Now if see it in some store before i get it....
    Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Perhaps this is better suited to a different thread, but I'm confused by CCP special orders. How does it work, do people seriously pay the store and not get any kind of contract or guarantee of delivery in a given time frame?

The described story, a store saying delivery would take a few weeks and then having it take up to two years, seems absurd especially given the high cost. What makes CCP so special that the wait is worth it, especially given that nothing has really changed in the past 5 years. It seems like a store would have find a way to expedite it and charge a hefty premium, yet instead everyone has become OK with not knowing when their item is going to show up. WTF is up with that?
      Hype.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• yay
        • Sep 2014

i'm glad CCP isn't my cup of tea

Comment

• hausofblaq
          • Oct 2014

... What makes CCP so special that the wait is worth it ...
          Patience is a virtue. I would say custom ordering CCP and waiting for it is no different than waiting for a grail item that you're looking for except that at least you know your CCP will show up and at a price you're willing to pay (since you already did).

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
            With apologies to the Cheshire Cat: we're all victims of hype here.
            Not me. 20/20 vision and murals with metaphors...
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• YTheLastMan
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Not me. 20/20 vision and murals with metaphors...
              Not even a pair of blue derbies appeals to you Faust?

Surely your heart isn't that cold

Comment

• Nickefuge
                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
                Patience is a virtue. I would say custom ordering CCP and waiting for it is no different than waiting for a grail item that you're looking for except that at least you know your CCP will show up and at a price you're willing to pay (since you already did).
                Some people wait this long for a car, others for shoes. It´s the same thing, just a different interest. But I do think it´s unfair that the waiting time is much longer than the prediction.
                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                -Paris Hilton

Comment

• david s
                  • Jul 2010

oh the foibles of CCP custom ordering, but I digress

curious if there could be some sort of data tracking done with the Classifieds, notice these days that CCP often lingers even with massive price drops, I think that points to the brands heyday has past (just my opinion)

now if you post av field derbies those are gone within an hour
                  It's absolutely Hedious!
                  shy poser

Comment

• imblurredout
                    • Apr 2013

But it isn't really "custom ordering". You're just giving them extra money so they don't over produce, and just make their shoes to order. They're losing no money and taking no risk. Good for them, but if dipping in your trust fund makes you feel special then even better for you!

Comment

• guardimp
                      • Jun 2010

It is interesting they the wait time for CCP garments is compared to other industries. It seems fraudulent to give someone a contract with an expected delivery date that is almost never met. When people purchase items like cars as nickefuge mentions they have an expected delivery time that is almost always met. I cannot understand how giving money to someone who is almost certainly deceiving you is a good idea, all hype aside.

I really do not understand the grail mentality. Too often I see postings with some variant of grail. If these items are your grails it would imply they are near impossible to get - buying CCP is just throwing money at a store/designer to get exactly what you want, which almost completely takes the difficulty away from the situation. On top of this tons of purchases make it to mens classifieds, if these items are so great why do people always sell them for what looks to be quite large losses? Is the hype really that high? Or do people buy the items to only wear them once and then sell for a small loss (almost renting it).

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

I wouldn't take the term "Grail" so literally. You're sucking the fun out of it. It simply means an item you've wanted for a very long time that is hard to come by. Or out of reach financially. CCP doesn't reproduce everything, but even if he does it could be hard to obtain because it's expensive or the fabric is gone, etc. "In the old days" there weren't hundreds of people buying this stuff, so there were far fewer items made and even less stores selling it. Shit was nearly impossible to get back then and the term made more sense.

Personally, I'll never make another special order. Well, it's very unlikely. I feel that a special order should be just that. Special. Special in the sense that they're going to make you what you want right then. Not tack it on to a list of other orders until you have enough to justify production costs. CCP outsources production of so many things that I doubt he/they can order just one of something.

Re: your mentioning of the selling of these items. I love when people list things as "The best iteration of..." "Best, most amazing, rare, mind blowing piece of clothing that you cannot and should not live without!" It's like... you're fucking selling it. Must not be that amazing. Chill on the adjectives, bud.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

^ I Loled……….
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Senpai
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by david s View Post
                            post av field derbies those are gone within an hour
                            Wait is this true?

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                              • May 2014

At first i really wanted to make a special order but as time went on i realized that it would be really stupid for me to wait such a long time. Not only that, but the sheer lack of availability in NA makes it almost impossible for me to try on the items i want. This transforms custom orders into a huge sizing gamble and I've heard more than a few stories where the items just didn't fit like expected(whether it was body issues or sizing i do not know). I figure the best way to go about it is just buy things in person and travel to do so(unless shoes).

Don't get me wrong i get the appeal of custom orders. From what i understand some tall members here have to order extra long sleeves for dead-end jackets since they are shorter in length. I wasn't around during the period you described, Peasant, but it seems that availability is still very limited? Between the stores not responding to your emails and the items being sold out super fast, it looks like the struggle is still very real.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

To put it in perspective, from order time to delivery of a Ferrari is approximately 4-6 months.

A leather jacket, made by one person from beginning to end starting at uncut, raw materials takes approximately 15-20 hours depending on the complexity. Add another 24 hours for the dye process and drying and really it's a week-long process if you're taking your time.
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎