X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Faust was wondering when you would be in London. So what are you going to be doing? (I didn't know Liberty did Junya incidentally). Think you should try to get to the Library - they have some good shit in therethis season.

Albert, got shirt and pullover from Leclaireur, jacket from elsewhere. The Leclairuer selection was not so good when I was there - only had a few shirts (super expensive at around Eu580 - the oneI got which looks almost identical but was from two seasons ago was less than half that!), pullover/tee, white cotton shirt/jacket thing, and the two leather jackets. I tried them on - v nice indeed. The fencing one was very elegant, not as "tough" as I thought it would be. There are a heap of pictures of new CCP now on the Lift website, all looks beautiful (although I think almost all of the trousers are dodgy - way too tight and just quite unflattering).

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

Faust was wondering when you would be in London. So what are you going to be doing? (I didn't know Liberty did Junya incidentally). Think you should try to get to the Library - they have some good shit in therethis season.

Albert, got shirt and pullover from Leclaireur, jacket from elsewhere. The Leclairuer selection was not so good when I was there - only had a few shirts (super expensive at around Eu580 - the oneI got which looks almost identical but was from two seasons ago was less than half that!), pullover/tee, white cotton shirt/jacket thing, and the two leather jackets. I tried them on - v nice indeed. The fencing one was very elegant, not as "tough" as I thought it would be. There are a heap of pictures of new CCP now on the Lift website, all looks beautiful (although I think almost all of the trousers are dodgy - way too tight and just quite unflattering).

[/quote]

Sounds awesome Johnny. They still have the fencing jacket in stock eh? It seems to have sold out like lightning everywhere else! Craziness. I'm still saving for the overlock although I'm not sure if I should get the current season one or last seasons. The decisions!

I'm loading up Lift's page as we speak hehe.

Congrats again on the buys my friend!

Best,

Albert

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

Yeah it's funny about CCP at Leclaireur - they had quite a lot left from previous seasons, and a lot in the "prim" sizes - I tried a few size 48 jackets on. They also had at least 2 pairs of the green leather shoes left. I bought mine from there, so that's threepairs anyway that had stuck around for a while. I sort of wonder whether it's as popular in Paris. According to the Library they sell out most of their stock pretty quickly.

The overlock jacket looks fantasticin the pic on the Lift site - worn with shorts. God if only it wasn't the price of a small second hand car (almost).

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]Thanks. The "clear taped" part refers to the way that the seams are fixed together on the inside - literally with sometransparent celotape. I have a pic of this, but imageshack was being funny with me lat night and kept crashing (hence my one-at-a time approach to pic posting). The pullover is also sealed on the inside with clear tape. Will try (again) later to post pics......[/quote]

Sounds cool! I am with Buckwheat and nqth...still want to see pics of the golden sweater. I'm afraid I have gold fever too....[:)]

I really like the gold with black/white stripes in this old Dries outfit:

Hiiii Faust!!! [:D]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

[/quote]

Going to see Nine Inch Nails in concert in an hour! We just got back from the Library. My fucking God - it's a real hit this season. Albert, I strongly suggest not going there, or leaving your cards at home, there is just too much amazing clothes there. Absolutely gorgeous, and more grown up than Atelier. They had this new line, Isaac SomethingOrOther, it was absolutely astounding - jackets in coats in washed sturdy linen LINED in brown washed leather. The prices weren't astronomical either, and they come rolled up in a leather saddle-bag, nice touch a la CDiem. Poell stuff was mouthwatering as usual. And I really loved stuff by Gustavo Lins, very well made, very mature and sharp - that's what Lanvin should be doing, not the trust fund baby style.

Your CCP stuff looks good, Johnny, of course the pictures don't do it justice.

Albert, thanks for the compliment on the new jacket. I should've taken it with me to London, the weather is gorgeous here!

More later, gotta go put on some black clothes and off to the concert.

P.S. Hi, laika!!!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

Enjoy NIN Faust!I am about as anti-NIN tonight as possible - hosting to a client dinner at a private club,collar and tie required. Fucking pish. (Excuse the language!)

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

By the way Faust - did you see at the Library a CCP tee/pullover - long sleeved, in pale beigey/greeny colour? If so - thoughts?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Have fun at NIN Faust!!! My girlfriend and Iare working on acquiring tix for one of the two Berlin shows. If not... then it's Hamburg baby!

Thanks for the Library heads up.... I'm trying to be focused with my buying right now as well. My single large splurge will be the overlock leather jacket... saving for it right now.

A couple things here and there afterwards (staples and items that are cheaper) of course :)

Johnny, I think I've handled the piece you're referring to... I thought it was nice, but basic as well. Nothing that was worth the price or was mind-blowing or was "special" at all about it. There were/are better ways of spending 150-175 quid than on that piece!

Recent purchase:

Label Under Construction "muscle group/water ripple" black and white silkscreened short sleeve knit. (photo coming soon!)

I wish I could have gotten this in long sleeve format in either black like I have it or in red or even the blue... we'll see what arrives. It's such a beautiful design I wouldn't mind having a different color long sleeved version at all!

Tried on a LUC blazer and it was lovely! It's cut a bit boxier than I'd like but the construction... beautiful stuff.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• pbt
                    • Jan 2007

What's the URL for the lift website?

Comment

• nairb49
                      • Dec 2006

collection privee

Comment

• kompressorkev
                        • Dec 2006

[quote user="pbt"]What's the URL for the lift website?[/quote]

http://www.lift-net.co.jp

love this site!

Comment

• djrajio
                          • Sep 2006

The Bernhard Willhelm shoulder bag that I've been searching forever for!!!! Joy!

Comment

• deuxmille
                            • Nov 2006

Nice rajiv, now all you need are the matching junya x converse :P

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]By the way Faust - did you see at the Library a CCP tee/pullover - long sleeved, in pale beigey/greeny colour? If so - thoughts?[/quote]

I don't remember that particular piece, I was too taken by the blazers and the outerwear.

All right, 4hrs till Amsterdam, see you guys on Tuesday.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Buckwheat
                                • Sep 2006

congrat on getting the bag djrajio. You have been searching for that for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎