• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Hmm. Yeah CR is right. For the most part, LUC works only with cotton, wooland linen with some treatments done to it. Kinda falls into the clean aesthetic that Luca's all about.

Beautiful beautiful pickup though! I've tried on the more constructed cotton version before (not wrinkle processed) and you've got a solid one right there! [:D]

[/quote]

and cashmere!!!!!!!! (drools). Nairb, let us know how it looks when you get it.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

nairb-Lazzari has the exact blazer you want (although I think different material or wash) in 100% cotton for 670euro.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• nairb49
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

Hmm. Yeah CR is right. For the most part, LUC works only with cotton, wooland linen with some treatments done to it. Kinda falls into the clean aesthetic that Luca's all about.

Beautiful beautiful pickup though! I've tried on the more constructed cotton version before (not wrinkle processed) and you've got a solid one right there! [:D]

[/quote]

and cashmere!!!!!!!! (drools). Nairb, let us know how it looks when you get it.

[/quote]

Will do! And thanks Casius, will definitely check it out.

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

finally!

Comment

• nairb49
            • Dec 2006

Getting a little warm for that....

ahahah, jokes C-rice, that looks like the perfect combo of details you were after

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

ha! the lining is removable!

sadly the fur isn't detachable from the hood so i can't convert it fully into the s/s version... hood is removable though. :P

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

who makes the parka?
                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• nairb49
                  • Dec 2006

Ah, I stand corrected. Shame about the fur. Maybe you can get a good tailor to MAKE it removable ;)

Comment

• xcoldricex
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]who makes the parka?[/quote]

wjk, fox fur, the whole 9.

ykk zippers though. but they're nice ones anyway

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Two beautiful ones that I am uber excited about:

LUC wire closed seams that are adjustable for ruching up the sides and down the arms (beautiful and super comfortable to wear!)

Sartoriamade to measure"Fattoamano" tri-layered shirt with 7 symmetrical threads running along the outer back and coming together in a hard leather O ring right in between the shoulder blades. When worn the strings create gentle pulling at each movement point and that translates through the fabric. The thick shirt (more of a sweater) is cut exactly to the muscle group specs of the Fattoamano deerskin jacket (ah... if I could only find that piece too!):

Actual photos soon!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

dang, where did you get both pieces?
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

The first from a store here in Berlin called Ulf Haines. The owner is this young guy and when I first came to Berlin I stumbled across his store mostly because I could spot the LUC ring displays from a block away. I went in later and we got to talking and he e-mailed me about a new shipment of LUC that came in last thursday. I was VERY surprised to see the wire ruching knit there as I've seen it nowhere else aside from on a random Japanese site for something like $700. The knit ended up costing me about $500 with 10% VAT discount.

The Satoria piece is thanks to Designersheep's sharp eye on yahoo auctions :)

The long threads in the back were actually a MASSIVE knot when the shirt was received from Japan. I've spent two days slowly undoing it. I just finished about 5 minutes ago. Imagine nine 2 foot long thin strings all knotted up with each other. I sat there with a needle and slowly undid them all and now I need to run them through the O ring so that they'll be the right length. *whew*!

After trying on some NDC off-white boots, I think the CCP ones will look odd honestly. His dirty gray ones will probably be better.

In a random part of Berlin, my gf and I came across a store where half of it was clothes designed by a woman, and the other half was a leathershop where the guy made folios and rectangular vintage bags done in broken down vegetable dyed leathers. Beautiful stuff that looks like it's 100 years old. Vintage clasps and hardware with color matched thick stitching. You can have him custom make bags in different sizes but the woman (the guy who does leather wasn't there that day) said that he could only do bags in that rectangular style. Prices were quite reasonable at 250-450 euro for the bags (all quite large)! The leather is lovely stuff. I'm thinking of asking him to maybe make me a MA+ style saddle bag......

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• sbw4224
                            • Sep 2006

Great pickups A. Berlin seems to really be working out for you! Do you ever use your ma+ bag that you made out of canvas? I'm still waiting for enough time to go out and make one myself. I tried on the bag at A and thought it was so cool, but I wonder how well I can replicate it with non-existant sewing and pattern-making skills...

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Albert, I would love to see detailed shots of the LUC wire shirt - sounds cool.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hanajibu
                                • Jan 2007

Guidi black donkey leather lace-ups from Atelier. (photo credit from Atelier's .mac site)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎