X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkanimal
    • Sep 2006

Re: S/S 2007 Arrivals and Reviews

Had a conversation with one of the SA's, they said no Cloak footwear for SS07. They're not making it!

Comment

• dontbecruel
      • Sep 2006

This afternoon I popped into DSM very briefly to check out the Ann D and Raf arrivals. Brief impressions (mostly negative I'm afraid):
      The Ann stuff is gorgeous to touch in person, as ever, but the mens collection is not a patch on last summer's, which I thought was one of her best ever. This time there is a heavy emphasis on weathered cottons with vertical stripes (shirts, vests and jackets): they look like pajamas. There are also the little plastic skull necklaces and the broidery anglaise shirts, which are embarassing and hideous to look at. The rest is business as usual. Cotton/cashmere mix stripey sheer knits? Check. Polos and hoodys with lopsided necks? Present etc etc. The trouble with producing similair items every year is that she has to keep adding unnecessary twists to make them looks novel. So, for example, there is a black blazer at DSM identical in cut and fabric to one I bought in 2005, but with ugly piping added to it. This is only her third stand-alone mens collection and I wonder if she has enough range to sustain a full menswear
      show twice a year.
      Prices are also a bit horrible. I've wanted a pair of her cropped trousers for a while, but this season they are over £300. On the plus side, there were some very nice lace-up boots, which I will buy if they are still around at sale time (v. unlikely!)
      I think Raf's interesting work is all about cutting and knitting with wool, so I'm not really keen on his summer collections anyway, but DSM haven't bought very well from this one. They have the colour block t-shirts, the silver short-sleeve shirts, the white suits etc etc. It all looks very flash and club-y. They do have one pair of the shorts (in black). They are just as fantastic in person as they were on the runway, but they are about £350 and surely noone will pay that for shorts (well, I hope I can hold out... they were the single item I most wanted this season after seeing the catwalk shows).

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Thanks for the report, dbc.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LanceP
          • Oct 2006

Lots of new Number (N)ine and Ann D., as well as various other stuff, at Browns.

Love this coat.

Comment

• cbdas
            • Oct 2006

I do like some of the N(N) stuff but I cant help but find it way too overpriced.

Comment

• LanceP
              • Oct 2006

[quote user="cbdas"]I do like some of the N(N) stuff but I cant help but find it way too overpriced.
              [/quote]

Agreed. I only pick up (N)ine when it's on sale at a price I find is worth it, or on Yahoo! JP.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="cbdas"]I do like some of the N(N) stuff but I cant help but find it way too overpriced.
                [/quote]

overpriced is not even the word for it. ridiculous is more like it.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
                  • Nov 2006

Buy your n(n) at the japanese price through me :D It's still expensive, but not as bad as the US prices!

Comment

• Johnny
                    • Sep 2006

anyone seen any SS 07 lanvin for men?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Only saw the Lanvin from FW 06 buy at Barneys Boston... and it sucked. Everything was purple and staid. Boring!

... and expensive.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

I know it's too early to tell, but the SS 07 stuff that's been trickling in has been really "blah" so far. I liked a lot of the runway shows but there's nothing in stores that has caught my attention yet.

Today I checked out IF, that store is a bit disorganized, but I found the new Ann D., they did have more than other stores but nothing great. They had the double vest that I like, a handful of tanks and tees made of really nice light fabric and some nice light knits. It's all light and airy but nothing spectactular. I hated the way they had the Ann D styled on the mannequin in the window, it was very "homeless chic". There was one blazer I liked, it was in the FW section but not on sale so I'm not sure what season it's from. It was navy with white details, it fit nicely but it was made out of a felt material that I didn't like. Gives me hope though that I can find a funky Ann D. blazer that I like better then the Dior one and save $1000.

Seven has some new Raf stuff. There's a black suit made out of a light shiny material that was cool. They also had the colorblock shirts which I was considering, but after seeing them in person I don't think I can do it. The arm holes are really big so they show some of you side which I don't like plus they were $180. There was also a pair of pants that were ridiculously skinny, they would definitley look like leggins on me. They had some shorts too, which are great for shorts but still not something I would wear.

I'm actually most excited about seeing the new Patrik Ervell stuff, the shots of it in "He" magazine look really great and the prices aren't so bad. Went to opening ceremony but nothing new there yet.

music

Comment

• Servo2000
                          • Oct 2006

[quote user="casem83"]

I'm actually most excited about seeing the new Patrik Ervell stuff, the shots of it in "He" magazine look really great and the prices aren't so bad. Went to opening ceremony but nothing new there yet.

[/quote]

Where were / are they carrying Ervell's work? I'd like to take a look at it when I'm in New York later, it should be in stores by then.
                          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Undercover 2007 is now at Atelier
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Did a little preview at Atelier yesterday.

Ann Dem

Decent, although not for me. Very, very light and non-chalant fabrics, lots of cotton/linen mixes. Lots of shirts with banana cut arms, lots of vests, some tanks with the palm print, some very light jackets. Usual black/white pallette. Standouts - I liked the shirt with black strings - they had one in white with grey stripes - very nice, and I liked the assymmetrically cut sleevless double layer zippered hoody (like on LVR) - that should sell quick. The look is all too relaxed for me, the edge is completely gone out of her menswear (sigh). It's all very Young Werther and no more Faust.

Number (N)ine

Meh. The fencing jacket is cute, but wasn't crazy about it. Some shirts, a vest, nothing special.

Undercover

Same old, same old, overdistressed jeans, western shirts, nothing stood out.

Rick Owens

Delicious as always, all in the same vein, heavenly leather and heavenly tees, tons of tees. I liked it best. There was also a very nice light pair of pants that I liked. Didn't look at the prices (scared). Oh, almost forgot, and I also loved the very light cotton wrap-around cardigans - so airy.

That's it for now.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                                • Sep 2006

Thanks faust. Am going to London at weekend so will report back after that. Ann D sounds a bit rubbish actually. The RO cardigans sound interesting - only thing about RO is that if you have a double digit body fat% it's no use! I've tried some of those tees and, well, lets just say that I didn't buy them.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎