X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewislasorad
    • Nov 2006

Re: S/S 2007 Arrivals and Reviews

I think what happens is that Cloak sells Barneys the stuff at 40% of retail, with a suggested 60% mark up. But instead they have been only marking it up 50%, so the result is a 10% discount. I hope that makes some sense, feel free to let me know if I am completely out of my mind.

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

Oops, sorry I missed your originalpost Darkanimal. I've been itching to buy something else at Cloak (got tha fever!) but now I'll wait to see if Barney's gets more (i don't like anything else they have yet). I'll just tell myself that Barney's doesn't have XS in the shirt I bought so I had to pay more...
      music

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

Check out the new forme d'expression on www.pollyanna.com

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

[/quote]

Jeebus, talk about taking themselves too seriously :-) I like the crumpled jacket and the canvas coat, and the prices are palatable. What's their story? Don't tell me it's another CDiem offshoot.

On a side note - smart move on their part picking up Dries' womenswear. It's hard to see his stuff in black and white though.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Ok, what is the deal with Pollyanna? The Dries stuff hadn't even been listed when I looked at the site this morning, and now all the smalls are sold out?
            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

pollyanna are not terrifically efficient on the website thing. they sell a lot just over the phone and in the store, so they will have sold out on a lot before it even gets listed. They're not a hyper commercial superslick organsiation, which is, on the whole a good thing. they sold out of a really lovely comme skirt with sort of flower print on it.

i don't really know the story with forme d'expression, but faust you're absolutely right about taking things too seriously. i don't know if it's a carpe offshoot (don't think it is) but it's certainly in the same camp in terms of look. it's OK i think, nothing great. certainyl nothing to justify the professorialthe long cotton coat for men was the best bit I thought. pollyanna seem to be doing more of this stuff - it certainly seems to me to be the 00's version of the japanese invasion of the 80's. i thought the dreis selection was rubbish.

also check out the new golden homme plus on www.brownsfashion.com. gulp.

Comment

• deuxmille
                • Nov 2006

Finally saw the Bless S/S stuff. Nothing really exciting there in my opinion. Some good trousers and some good long white shirts, but that's about it in terms of what I would wear. The rest of the tops were too baggy and shapeless for me. Their sneakers are really intriguing, but I only saw pictures. The prices are starting to turn me off too.

On another not, I spent like 5 hours going through their book and it was fascinating. Learning how they started out and how they've done so many different interesting projects. I also saw (at my friend's office) their carved wood shirts and they are pretty wicked. Didn't even know it was them until I saw them in the book. Anyway, reading the book made my last two days so much better.

Also tried on a crazy Jil Sander long leather jacket that was so much fun to wear - the price was near 6000$ though! ridiculous.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

pollyanna are not terrifically efficient on the website thing. they sell a lot just over the phone and in the store, so they will have sold out on a lot before it even gets listed. They're not a hyper commercial superslick organsiation, which is, on the whole a good thing. they sold out of a really lovely comme skirt with sort of flower print on it.

i don't really know the story with forme d'expression, but faust you're absolutely right about taking things too seriously. i don't know if it's a carpe offshoot (don't think it is) but it's certainly in the same camp in terms of look. it's OK i think, nothing great. certainyl nothing to justify the professorialthe long cotton coat for men was the best bit I thought. pollyanna seem to be doing more of this stuff - it certainly seems to me to be the 00's version of the japanese invasion of the 80's. i thought the dreis selection was rubbish.

also check out the new golden homme plus on www.brownsfashion.com. gulp.

[/quote]

Wow, they went all out, didn't they? Even IF here tried to buy as little shiny stuff as possible.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Ann Dem vest people liked

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

blazer

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Buckwheat
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

[/quote]

Their brand name and brand tag turn me off.

It's crazy how things are sold out quickly on pollyanna...especially with their high mark-ups.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Buckwheat"][quote user="Johnny"]

[/quote]

Their brand name and brand tag turn me off.

It's crazy how things are sold out quickly on pollyanna...especially with their high mark-ups.

[/quote]

Connections, connections, connections...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

That vest from Ann D. this spring is just too cool.
                            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

They are nice... but for what you get, I dont think they are with the money ($500+!!!!).

Not a design you cant get from doubling up on some waistcoats you know?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

Albert, word. That's why I am going to make my own. [:)] Much cheaper that way.
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎