X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: S/S 2007 Arrivals and Reviews

Introducing Opening Ceremony's new denim line for men and women.

Men's available at Barneys New York, and both men's and women's are available at Opening Ceremony now!!

and introducing Opening Ceremony shoes for men and women too!!!

Spring Summer 2007 collections that have arrived...

Acne Jeans
    Alexandre Herchcovitch
    Band of Outsiders
    Barbour
    Bernard Wilhelm Shoes
    Cheap Monday
    Diana Orving
    Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair
    Fred Perry Shoes
    Hussein Chalayan
    Kim Jones
    Luisa Burfitt
    Lutz
    Marios Schwab
    Mary Ping
    Nakkna
    Neon
    Opening Ceremony
    Patrik Ervell
    Pour
    Rachel Comey
    Topshop & Topman
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Faust, I assume the Yohji pieces are prohibitively expensive? Is it all main line, or did they also buy Y's?
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]Faust, I assume the Yohji pieces are prohibitively expensive? Is it all main line, or did they also buy Y's?
        [/quote]

No, actually it was one of the most affordable lines they bought! I was shocked myself. Still thinking about those knits. I've never seen anything by Yohji that cost $200, not even cuff-links.

They did not buy Y's. The whole point was that Yohji's peeps apparently approached and asked Atelier to buy the main line because the Soho store will become all Y's/Y-3, and a new flagship will open in the meatsmelling district. I would only assumed they asked IF to pick up the womenswear, but I didn't see anything.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Rick Owens - they got the round two, and it's excellent. I really liked the black sheer pants with white layer underneath, and a leather insert on inside the saddle and legs, in case you want to ride a motorcycle in them :-). The tees are heavenly, but we knew that.

[/quote]

Those pants sound fantastic. Sounds like a good way to break up the standard black pant.
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• matthewhk
            • Jan 2007

All these descriptions about Yohji have me positively geeked...can't wait to see the stuff in person.

Also re: jil sander s/s, i wonder how well those paper coats will fare, and some of the more experimental button downs like the brightly colored short sleeve boxy/square fit cropped shirts.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

/\ Yep. He's done the pant several times, for both men and women.

At IF (sorry, Laika, I didn't get to checkout the womenswear, was in a bit of a rush)

Ann Dem - pretty good buy, except too many tees, which are really useless for the money. Otherwise, plenty of cool pants, a nice black coat, assymetrical jacket in cotton/linen, and a paperlight leather jacket. Some blazers and shirts - all very expensive. Black and cream palette.

Margiela - I actually liked Barneys buy better than IF's for both Margiela and Dries. The usual, suits, v-neck sweaters, dress shirts - nothing stood out. The classic biker jacket is in navy suede, and in black canvas (Barneys has it in white canvas).

Dries van Noten - also too many tees. Otherwise a very nice cotton/linen blazer with three flap pockets with button holes but no buttons (I like!). Some super-light shirts, not the dressy kind that Barneys bought, but casual. A very light palette, mostly light grays.

Junya Watanabe - yuck! You could see they had real trouble buying this and CDG H+. I asked the salesperson that question, to which he chuckled, so I'll take it as a yes. Those track blazers are atrocious! They are made of the yucky sleazy kind of polyester, the one that makes your hair on your arms stand up. There were also the usual collabs with Levis and LaCoste - nothing to write home about and uber expensive.

CDG H+ - very little of it, they bought much more Evergreen to mix up all the gold.

Veronique Branquinho - same old, same old. Well done clothes for college professors :-) The pants are nice.

Johnny and Seventh - I'm sorry to say but IF completely sold out of FW06 Junya outerwear - I asked.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                • Sep 2006

a $200 yohji knit at retail?! that's how much his l/s shirts usually cost!

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

the new "helmut lang" for women is up at barneys coop

Comment

• sbw4224
                    • Sep 2006

Thanks for the S/S reviews, guys and gals. I'm going to NYC this Saturday, so I'm definitely going to make my usual rounds and check out the new stocks.

Also, a quick question. I've never been to the Margiela, N(N), or CDG store. Are these worth making the trip to?

Comment

• ionn26
                      • Feb 2007

where is this Faust??? LOL Barneys???

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]

Thanks for the S/S reviews, guys and gals. I'm going to NYC this Saturday, so I'm definitely going to make my usual rounds and check out the new stocks.

Also, a quick question. I've never been to the Margiela, N(N), or CDG store. Are these worth making the trip to?

[/quote]

CDG is a must just to see the store itself! N(N) is a definite skip - worst boutique in NYC IMHO. It's so dark, you can't see the clothes themselves. And it's so out of the way - if you travel by train it's a major PITA. I like the Margiela boutique, and Renso Rosso was smart when he made all artisanal items (0 10 line) exclusive to boutiques only. The staff is super-friendly there. I would say if you have time, go to Margiela.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="ionn26"]where is this Faust??? LOL Barneys???[/quote]

Where is what?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kamsky
                            • Jan 2007

[quote user="sbw4224"]

[/quote]

Though I've only recently started collecting pieces / building a wardrobe, so far I'm pretty keen on Margiela, so it's well worth a visit in my estimation.

The n(9) space itself is really interesting, but theyhave yet to receive most of their spring/summer collection (at least as of late January, haven't been back since, but I'm supposed to get an e-mail when they do and I have not yet). It's also out of the way and, well you know this already but I'll say it anyway, obscenely expensive.

As for CDG, I've yet to go myself, butI assumeit'd be worth a look...?

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

Buyer beware, I noticed today that the prices for Cloak are significantly cheaper at Barney's than the Cloak boutique. The shirt I bought for $375 is only $325 at Barney's! I feel like a total sucker, I'm not sure if everything is cheaper but allthe button upscertainly are. I hope Barney'sgets more Cloak, now I'm afraid to buy anything elsefrom the boutique.
                              music

Comment

• darkanimal
                                • Sep 2006

Yes, I posted that here a few weeks ago. I thought prices were standardized. If anything it should be the reverse, how some stores would price it slightly higher than the mother store. But no. I usually go to Barneys first to buy Cloak stuff since they offer a full refund if I change my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎