X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: S/S 2007 Arrivals and Reviews

The cloak striped shorts are growing on me... I definitely need a pair of shorts for the summer....

Get em Casem!

...any idea of the price point?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

New Number Nine is at Atelier now as well....

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

The Rose shirt by Dries I was referring to on Browns for 95pounds - even cheaper than in Barneys.

also in white (I like Barneys colors better though - they are Driesy colors, if you know what I mean)

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• matthewhk
          • Jan 2007

i like that Number (N)ine teaser pic Albert posted...i wonder how the stuff looks in person. Hopefully it's not like last season, which looked great in photos, but underwhelming in reality....

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]i like that Number (N)ine teaser pic Albert posted...i wonder how the stuff looks in person. Hopefully it's not like last season, which looked great in photos, but underwhelming in reality....
            [/quote]

very underwhelming, actually...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Golden CDG H+ stuff

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

And I know y'all have been craving these [;)]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Laika, a tiny Junya preview

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

Lovely. I think those jackets look amazing with the dark denim. I'm still wondering who will be wearing this stuff--it's so elegant and hardly "street" at all.

What does your wife think of it, Faust? Does she like Junya?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Lovely. I think those jackets look amazing with the dark denim. I'm still wondering who will be wearing this stuff--it's so elegant and hardly "street" at all.

What does your wife think of it, Faust? Does she like Junya?

[/quote]

Actually she hates his guts... for not making size Large (she is a Large in CDG outerwear). And honestly, what is this fashion faschism?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

But he does make large--Pollyanna has it on their website right now. Am I missing something? [*-)]

I guess being a large in CDG outerwear is actually like being a Euro/American medium. The size small twist jackets that I saw yesterday looked really tiny--I don't think I would be able to close them.

On the other hand, I don't think I will ever be able to buy a Dries coat or skirt, because even the smallest sizes swim on me!

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

But he does make large--Pollyanna has it on their website right now. Am I missing something? [*-)]

I guess being a large in CDG outerwear is actually like being a Euro/American medium. The size small twist jackets that I saw yesterday looked really tiny--I don't think I would be able to close them.

On the other hand, I don't think I will ever be able to buy a Dries coat or skirt, because even the smallest sizes swim on me!

[/quote]

I guess it depends then - her CDG CDG coat is a true Large. I don't know what the deal with Junya is - maybe he started making large at the request of UK/US stores, but her certainly did not before.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

Thanksfor the pics Faust - where are they from? I actually like some of that golden stuff,,,,,

The junya look really tricky to wear. I saw some of those very intricate brocade caots at DSM. They are quite overwhelming, very powerful looking. But I really don't know who could wear them in real life.

THe CdG womenswear is very dissapointimg in my view - it's really just a variation on a theme. The construction is starting to look very samey.

Comment

• nqth
                              • Sep 2006

It's here :-) (in Japan)

http://www.fineworks.jp/garage69/

Comment

• casem
                                • Sep 2006

Saw the new Cloak stuff tonight, I didn't know it was going to be there but I walked by and noticed the windows had changed. I like it a lot better than on the runway, but still not as good as last season. Lots of cap sleeves, some nice button ups, the thickstripped sweaters are actually cool, they have netting over the contrasting stripes, much better up close. There are also some nice vests and the jackets looked good (seemed to be some not shown on the runway.) The bleach plaid stuff is OK, could lookgood on the right person but not on me.

Sizes seem to be running big, tried on my usual 32 in the plaid pants and they were way to big. Also ended up buying my shirt in XS. Prices are outta control as usual, $375 for plainer shirts the funnel necks are around $450, pants $500s. That's all I remember, I was in a hurry.

music

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎