X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by scott.m View Post

i loooooove this cdg shirt, the colors are mad nice , reminds me of ice cream or somethin

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by tomatous View Post
      So.. Linda Hamilton thought she only took the sabre to Rick Owens Jackets. Bad, bad mistake.

May the Sith help us..
      I just made this my profile picture.
      sain't

Comment

• Buckwheat
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
        Such a clever shot. HOF indeed. Pnod on the road.

Comment

• Enaml
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by merz
          I always got more of a Donald duck vibe mixed in with the above.
          How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• interest1
            • Nov 2008

Re: What are you wearing today?

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
            Agree, it looks beautiful like that. Espeically compared to the stock pic of how it initially looked, dramatic improvement.

I very much enjoyed interest1's two latest fits, that chalayan blazer in particular is absolutely stunning. Good to see i1 go beyond regular brand listing, with detailed desciptions.

This thread suddenly became one of my favorite things on the internet.
            This is exactly the reaction I'd have if I could find something remotely similar online which caters to the female persuasion like SZ does so well primarily for the male. But alas...

So here's the thing:

StyleZeitgeist is overdue for a blood transfusion. Clearly, it's by far and away the best online forum for left-of-center palates. My goal for being here is to entice more female participants into the forum, and do so through leading by example.

Over the past 2+ years, I'd periodically peer into SZ, but never really explored it in-depth because it always left me with the feeling that it was geared mostly to guys, and based on that impression, it somehow always felt like I was intruding. Hitting some inspiring discussion or photo post on actual women's pieces which left me madly inspired was like spying a needle in the proverbial haystack. Basically, these 2 things kept my interest in SZ lukewarm, at best. At the same time, there's been really nothing of this caliber out there which chews on that very specific womenswear bone that gets me all 7th-grade giddy inside.

So instead of lamenting about what could've been, I decided to crash the party with the simple wish to inspire others to do the same. There's no reason SZ can't have equal male/female participation, especially when the overall aesthetic taps from the same vein.
            sain't

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by merz
              I always got more of a Donald duck vibe mixed in with the above.
              that sounds fun, i wonder what the effect would be like if i had that.
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• DRRRK
                • Aug 2009

interest1, subversion never sounded better.

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by interest1 View Post

Interest1 : the belt had also a functional part, how will you be protected against the cold NYC winter wind, since you can't close the jacket no more ? Did you find another solution or do you not care ?

Btw we've already been discussing the strange look this high belt squizzing a heavy fabric was giving to the female silhouette (between oversized bulging belly and pregnancy). It doesn't look like this on the pic, how was it irl before you cut it ?

Comment

• croatoan
                    • Jul 2007

Found a picture of myself playing at an improv thing with a bit of Derek Bailey wrist going on.

Julius and Cloak

Comment

• klangspiel
                      • Apr 2007

^ bailey is god.
                      regret not seeing him when i had the chance twice.
                      yes, i'm a dumbass.
                      some post-bailey+setagaya blues heroics here.

yohji+margiela+ann+kkattachment

Comment

• croatoan
                        • Jul 2007

Never seen Akiyama, but I did meet him a few years ago. He was staying at a friend's house in Seattle while I was with Maher Shalal Hash Baz there at the end of their last U.S. tour. He wanted to meet with the main guy of MSHB so, after dragging all twelve members to see Sonic Youth, I directed everyone over there, assuming they were old friends. Turns out they had never met so it was just a somewhat awkwardly funny ".... hello" for them.

He's looking quite steezy in that video.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

This is exactly the reaction I'd have if I could find something remotely similar online which caters to the female persuasion like SZ does so well primarily for the male. But alas...

So here's the thing:

StyleZeitgeist is overdue for a blood transfusion. Clearly, it's by far and away the best online forum for left-of-center palates. My goal for being here is to entice more female participants into the forum, and do so through leading by example.

Over the past 2+ years, I'd periodically peer into SZ, but never really explored it in-depth because it always left me with the feeling that it was geared mostly to guys, and based on that impression, it somehow always felt like I was intruding. Hitting some inspiring discussion or photo post on actual women's pieces which left me madly inspired was like spying a needle in the proverbial haystack. Basically, these 2 things kept my interest in SZ lukewarm, at best. At the same time, there's been really nothing of this caliber out there which chews on that very specific womenswear bone that gets me all 7th-grade giddy inside.

So instead of lamenting about what could've been, I decided to crash the party with the simple wish to inspire others to do the same. There's no reason SZ can't have equal male/female participation, especially when the overall aesthetic taps from the same vein.
                          much love to you.

klangspiel - jesus, you are thinner than interest1!!!
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

Re: You don't wear jewellery?

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                            Interest1, the outfit is very nice, beautifully unformaly formal. And suits your shape very well indeed. I can also feel, even it's a challenge - or a nonsense - that these clothes match your "personnality". At least your style personality : the result looks effortless, but original.
                            You don't wear any jewellery?
                            I do wear jewelry. I keep it to an absolute minimum–usually never more than one piece at a time. I believe less is more, and that simplicity is the most difficult thing to achieve.

For me, one stellar piece always possesses more strength–and more intelligence–than a pointless mish-mash of things all worn at once. It's like, pick a god-damn focal point, people!!!

Jewerly should finish your look, not complicate it: the more of it you add, the more it subtracts you.

sain't

Comment

• tomatous
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2009

I just made this my profile picture.
                              Now we match, sans the severed head of Linda Hamilton.. I should incorporate more graphic violence into mine..

Comment

• DRRRK
                                • Aug 2009

I do wear jewelry. I keep it to an absolute minimum–usually never more than one piece at a time. I believe less is more, and that simplicity is the most difficult thing to achieve.

For me, one stellar piece always possesses more strength–and more intelligence–than a pointless mish-mash of things all worn at once. It's like, pick a god-damn focal point, people!!!

Jewerly should finish your look, not complicate it: the more of it you add, the more it subtracts you.

Couldn't have said it better. Accessories can kill the magic of an outfit if there is too much.
                                Wow, why do I always agree with you? Post something I have to disagree with. Too much agreements are not good for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎