Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • black horizons
    • Jan 2008

Mona, all you really have to do is post a better picture than her. You probably could you've had some really good ones.
    www.black-horizons.com

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post
      I want a french manicure and a Tom Ford Suit!
      Maybe together they will generate more Interest!
      DYING!
      sain't

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I am going to blow this up further, since we haven't had a good fight on SZ in a while.

I was talking to Laika the other day and she was wondering out loud why her friends tend to be male. And I said that I think it's because women tend to be petty, while men are more generous. Your comment is the kind of thing that confirms my opinion. And I've seen it from various women, time and again - the remarks they make about other women's appearance are so minute and inconsequential that they sometimes jolt me. Maybe it's the immense pressure that society puts on women to look beautiful to the degree that guys would never do - I don't know, but it is off-putting for me and pitiful too. I suppose it's a similar reaction to that of Veronique Branquinho's who wants her man not to be too interested in fashion, multiplied by a factor of 1000.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          I am going to blow this up further, since we haven't had a good fight on SZ in a while.

I was talking to Laika the other day and she was wondering out loud why her friends tend to be male. And I said that I think it's because women tend to be petty, while men are more generous. Your comment is the kind of thing that confirms my opinion. And I've seen it from various women, time and again - the remarks they make about other women's appearance are so minute and inconsequential that they sometimes jolt me. Maybe it's the immense pressure that society puts on women to look beautiful to the degree that guys would never do - I don't know, but it is off-putting for me and pitiful too. I suppose it's a similar reaction to that of Veronique Branquinho's who wants her man not to be too interested in fashion, multiplied by a factor of 1000.
          I could throw an Axe into the middle of this, with some thoughts I am thinking right now........................
          May I?
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• black horizons
            • Jan 2008

Yeah, but the men are fairly critical of one another on here as well... it's easier to want to criticize one's competition, not a gender thing but a human nature issue, wouldn't you think? We just call it katty when women do it.
            www.black-horizons.com

Comment

• tomatous
              Banned
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by JoniF
              This is a fashion forum; its harshness is not gender selective.
              You would hope to think. In terms of cat fights, there is plenty of fancy feast for all. Mona's comment was no different than any of the comments the opposite gender dishes out to each other. I don't think it should be taken as anymore than just that. A comment.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                Are you serious Faust? Really? Because my remark on an aesthetic choice that someone made in an outfit they posted is petty, whereas the numerous rude and basically unrelated comments made by men about other men's outfits is...what? I mean jesus christ, you sexist asshole. Other members are praised for their attention to minute detail, and I am a petty bitch because I do the same? I have been complimented on my nail polish in this thread before, but as a critique coming from a woman about a woman the topic is suddenly petty? What a way to encourage women to hang around SZ more. I am sorry I dared to criticize another woman's outfit.
                I was waiting for this "sexist asshole" remark. Same shit, different toilet.

If manicure is a part of an outfit, what more can I say? I would also like to point out that I was the one who came to your defense when guys were salivating over your lips, or did you forget?
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by tomatous View Post
                  You would hope to think. In terms of cat fights, there is plenty of fancy feast for all. Mona's comment was no different than any of the comments the opposite gender dishes out to each other. I don't think it should be taken as anymore than just that. A comment.
                  Really? Example? When I start talking about your nails fucking up your whole outfit, buddy, feel free to call me out.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Sorry if I don't see the correlation. Of course the sexist asshole remark came - I'm not all up in arms about sexism, but when it's that blatant, what can I do.

One reason I brought up the idea of having a thread about other aspects of an overall look (in the what you like about sz thread) is that I think that overall aesthetic presentation is important...if the quality of a picture is something we take into consideration here, and we do all the time (more than I think we should) then I don't see why nail polish is out of bounds.
                    Then where do we draw the line? Bikini wax?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I really love the boots, interest. I have to say though, the french manicure absolutely kills the whole outfit for me (though I'm not into the tshirt and leggings look anyway). I can't let go of the small details...
                      The "fucking up your whole outfit" is a bit extreme, but I feel like you don't mean it to that extremity. Anyways, MonaDahl critiqued interest1's nails in the context of them being a part of her outfit, so shouldn't it be treated as such instead of bitch-picking?
                      Really?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Faust brings up a good point: to what extent does an "outfit" consist of?
                        I think its an interesting point, that the Manicure is not really a part of the outfit, so then, if its not a part, how can it "kill" the outfit?
                        It would have been interesting if , er interest1, had taken the picture with a clenched fist

While there is indeed some validity to Faust's statements, Ive seen a lot of males (not particularly on the Forums but just in life as a whole) nitpicking about inconsequential stuff too, so how do we factor that into the equation?
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• tomatous
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2009

No need to call you out, but im pretty sure you made a direct comment about a members face the other day. I just think the ladies should be allowed to go at it the same way the males do. I'm not taking sides here, simply saying if Mona thinks that interest1's nails don't match the deathly ensemble, let her speak it.

Comment

• mike
                            • Dec 2006

Sorry if I don't see the correlation. Of course the sexist asshole remark came - I'm not all up in arms about sexism, but when it's that blatant, what can I do.

One reason I brought up the idea of having a thread about other aspects of an overall look (in the what you like about sz thread) is that I think that overall aesthetic presentation is important...if the quality of a picture is something we take into consideration here, and we do all the time (more than I think we should) then I don't see why nail polish is out of bounds.
                            not that my opinion is of any importance, but i agree with you. all these superficial details do add to an outfit. it may not be the outfit but it certainly can make the outfit work or conversely make it look completely unnatural. i could have easily called out faust just as he called out homme de guerre, however i foresaw the reaction being even greater than the one which you created. but then again i try to keep my comments to myself.

Comment

• black horizons
                              • Jan 2008

^certainly if anything we can say is petty it's the treatment of HDG... I think I'm the only person who feels pity for that guy. I hope he finds himself!
                              www.black-horizons.com

Comment

• tomatous
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by black horizons View Post
                                ^certainly if anything we can say is petty it's the treatment of HDG... I think I'm the only person who feels pity for that guy. I hope he finds himself!
                                I hope he does too.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎