Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lane
    • Aug 2010

you have to put it on and move, most of ricks clothing looks awesome when people are in movement. Standing still just shucks looks like hes wearing a trash bag, dont really like it from the front, myself.

I was skeptical until I actually put it on. My first pull to even considering it was paying attention to the shows shots from the side as they came out strutting in them, looked cool to me how each leg pushed the fabric to each side in an aggressive (in my eyes) manner.

Comment

• Vanna
      • May 2008

There was also a time when women wearing pants was seen as controversial. I mean, they didn't start wearing them in the west until the 19th century.

Yesterdays fit/More shitty photos:

Wore my N(N) zipper pants for the first time in a long time.
      CDG
      H&M
      Docs/etc
      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

I haven't tried this skirt on yet, but I have and wear skirts from Julius, CDG, and Rick, and this to me looks like it would be the most "masculine" (there's that word again) and wearable out of all of them. Throw on a leather jacket and some chunky boots and you're good to go. I'm really psyched to get my hands on it.

Comment

• Patroklus
          Banned
          • Feb 2011

Dr. Bronner's Magic Hemp Oil 18-in-1 PURE CASTILE SOAP has many uses. It can wash your hair, it can wash your body, it can wash your clothes, and it can wash your mirror. Enjoy only two cosmetics: plenty of sleep and Dr. Bronner's 'Magic Soap' to clean body-mind-soul-spirit instantly uniting One!

Comment

• Vanna
            • May 2008

Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• ES3K
              • Oct 2008

Shux, lovely. As is your updated nick.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                Dr. Bronner's Magic Hemp Oil 18-in-1 PURE CASTILE SOAP has many uses. It can wash your hair, it can wash your body, it can wash your clothes, and it can wash your mirror. Enjoy only two cosmetics: plenty of sleep and Dr. Bronner's 'Magic Soap' to clean body-mind-soul-spirit instantly uniting One!
                Please don't let that awful stuff touch your skin...potassium hydroxide isn't a friendly ingredient. Do continue to promote the washing of mirrors though.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Patroklus
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2011

I've been using it for a few months and my skin is still smooth and silky. what do you recommend instead?

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

I've been using it for a few months and my skin is still smooth and silky. what do you recommend instead?
                    Something without harsh detergents ideally. Aveeno bodywash, Olay Foaming Sensitive for face.
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

so, back from beers (in skirt...) - hope i still make sense.

i just thought it looked rad especially from the side when walking, just like lane says, cause it follows the legs like an apron. super boring standing still from the front for sure, but i spend a lot of time walking anyway... it kinda snaps when i move, which is a nice feeling, you know? i agree that it's kinda sporty, and that's also an aspect of rick i like, so that don't bother me. don't normally go very much for the 'architectural' stuff in his collections...

i just dig the lower center of gravity that i get from drop crotches and (now) skirts. that's also why i'm with patroklus on the 'drippy' thing - actually the long sleeve is longer than it looks in the pic (guess it rode up some) but yeah even more length would be even better.

not aware of any 'hype' around this item. not on sz anyway. isn't the 'sudden fascination' about this just cause we are discussing some recent waywt's? no big deal imo. (and i've looked at comme kilts and a few raf skirts a while back - this isn't just cause rick did it just now. he just did this particular one in a way i felt works with some other shit i have. no surprise there though, since i'm a fan...)

and jogu, yeah, ppl stop oogling so much once i just kinda stopped caring myself. guess they relax when u relax, just like dogs.

anyway, good talk.

Comment

• Nikov
                        • Nov 2008

I have the CdGH+ long kilt, which I bought from Atelier a few seasons back. I like it cause it adds an entirely different length point when it comes to layering. For example, when I layer a long knit under a jacket, the knit usually reaches mid-way down my thighs, or sometimes just above my knees. But the skirt/kilt extends past my knees and it just gave me a new layering length to play with. I found that it works very well with long coats, for example. These were my thoughts when I first tried it on at the store. But, as others have mentioned, what really sold me was when I saw it in movement. The words that came to mind were "elegant" and "graceful."

Which is the exact reason I don't like this new Rick skirt. I haven't tried it on, so I can't say for sure, but based on the runway video, the movement of the Rick skirt seemed "clunky." It seems that the skirt is so narrow that, were it not for the open slit on the back, taking a normal size step with this skirt would be impossible. Even with the slit, I found the movement of the skirt awkward. Because the front of the skirt is not attached at the sides, there was a "flapping" of the front part with every step. Just didn't seem to have that graceful quality that I liked about skirts.

But who knows? I might change my mind if I try it on. Or I may decide that I even like the clunky movement of the Rick skirt and accept it as part of his world.

Comment

• mnml crmnl
                          • Dec 2009

the skirt renders a style of motion which is more dark/possessed futuristic/alien ..congruent with RO's world.. less romantic and flowy.
                          usually only feminine pieces that drape, articulate motion. Typically this motion is elegant. here is an androgynous piece of clothing with less human spirit. is it enjoyable to walk in naturally?

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post
                            but it would be interesting to hear from you guys what it is you like about them.
                            as I mentioned I usually feel pretty indifferent towards mens skirts, meaning that I'm not crazy about them nor do I oppose them in anyway. sometimes they can look cool when done the right way, sometimes just strange.

It's just something about the shape and material combination of the rick one that makes it look cool to me. its not really billowy in any direction and the silhouette actually looks like pants apart from the fact that there is no space between the legs, which differentiates it from most skirts.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• BeauIXI
                              • Nov 2008

He's right, you know. Peppermint all-one liquid soap feels like cleansing fire in the shower.
                              Originally posted by philip nod
                              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DRRRK
                                Chris, I was thinking of that already too. I'm sure nobody would think about a skirt if it was from the latest Raf collection. Same for kneelength boots. Done by Rick, these things seem possible.
                                It is not that I don't like the look, shucks outfit is really nice, it's just, as all of Rick, not for me. Even a skirt seems to have something of sportswear in my eyes when done by him.
                                I would. Well, not think of buying one, but I'd be happy if he showed that instead of a bunch of boring suits.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎