X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I think we had a whole copying discussion somewhere - maybe time to resurrect it.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

for someone my size, blackscissors is about as close as I'd be getting to an RO leather.

Comment

• the breaks
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
        and julius is at best an homage to ro.
        True, true.. too bad I can't fit into those either.

I feel your pain kunk
        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

i have a japanese friend searching for the mythical viridi size 6

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by the breaks View Post

I feel your pain kunk
            how tall are you breaks? i think i know the jacket for you.
            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
              i have a japanese friend searching for the mythical viridi size 6
              I think he will have to make it himself, japan only has up to size 3 and europe/US up to size 5 as far as I know

Originally posted by the breaks View Post

in some RO cuts an XL fits true to size, like a 52, is that really too small? for example in the moto-collar type, I have an L but could fit an M, and I'm close to a size 50.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

thanks. i actually tried the high-collared one in a xxl and it was too big in the waist/hips and too tight in the shoulders/chest. i don't think it's in the cards-at least that model.

Comment

• maldoror
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by noerml View Post
                  as long as i have have to walk in a shop that carries both RO, Yohji and DG, Gucci it's just the same for me really. sad as it sounds.
                  ??? so if you walk into a big department store and they sell ro and xyz lvmh they're the same thing, but if you walk into a smaller specialty retailer where they sell ro but don't sell any lvmh it's not the same thing? or it still is? what the hell are you talking about? what does "the same thing" even mean? both huge and hollow corporations determined to rip us off and deserving of treachery on our parts by being interested enough in (some) of what they do to spend all this time on a fucking fashion message board discussing it, but happily buying and living in knock offs of the real thing (which, as aka said, are decidedly not the same as the real thing in more than just name alone)? and somehow this also has to do with selling through retailers, or selectivity of which retailers are sold through?

. . .

aren't you the guy who made that comment about overlock stitching being the same thing as the guccissima?

you're notion of equivalency is really confounding

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                    and julius is at best an homage to ro. the problem is that the counterfeiters will never deliver the details of a garment that make it truly special. at best they'll give you a poorly-fitted exoskeleton.
                    remember cas' foul blacksissors fencing jacket?
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• noerml
                      • May 2008

If i had an english copy of platon here,i'd quote him.. seems like i have to skip the part of trying to appear smart.

Obviously there is a difference between walking into a big departmentstore and a small store...not that i'D care. I won't preach about the big and evil fashion industry here, since that would be utterly pointless anyways. My only point was that behind all mentioned labels stands, in varrying degrees, the fashion industry, and I personally don't feel inclined to defend their rights. Bad experience has thought me not to.
                      And of course a rip-off is not the same..how trival is that. However that doesn't rule out the possiblity you can look good in it. And maybe that's ruthless, but that's all i care for. Sure the original _might_ look better, but if funds dictate a compromise, compromise it is.
                      Now i won't say ppl here act like that.. but go buy a d&g t-shirt. There's more identity shit around it than fabric. Of course it is a good marketing strategy, but authenticy in and by itself should not be the argument to dismiss a fake (well if u ignore the legal side that is *lol). that's all i am trying to say.

and i won't even start on the overlock stitching..at least not in this thread here.
                      And through their parting lids there came and went
                      Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

• maldoror
                        • Jun 2007

seems like i have to skip the part of trying to appear smart.
                        indeed.

Comment

• bc3
                          • Jun 2008

Lad Trench
                          CCP Gitter Pant
                          Diem Linen over
                          Originally posted by Maldoror
                          payment owed is the new gift.

paypal: it's personal

Comment

• random
                            • Dec 2007

nice silhouette man. might be even better if you were holding a cigarette, hehe.
                            Last edited by random; 10-22-2008, 12:15 PM.
                            I don't exist.

Comment

• Servo2000
                              • Oct 2006

If i had an english copy of platon here,i'd quote him.. seems like i have to skip the part of trying to appear smart.
                              I'm not convinced your argument has ever made any sense at any point so far, regardless of how many times you repeat it. What you're saying is that authenticity is irrelevant - so long as you can have a cheaper facsimile you're satisfied, even if it damages the people who made the original who you've reduced to "evil corporations" through some apparent anecdotal evidence like some sort of conspiracy theorist. How pathetic.

What happened to people saving up for things they wanted? What happened to real desire? I've been a member of Superfuture for going on four years now and have been a Raf / Rick / Etc... addict for perhaps just as long. It took me three years of saving andthrifting and re-selling to finally be able to start affording their pieces (even on eBay) like the Rick Sneakers / Jacket I bought just recently. I still can't afford a Rick leather - although if I start saving again I could in a year or two most likely. I could probably buy a Black Scissors jacket right now, but I'm not going to. Why? Because I have standards.

Which I thought was the entire point of this forum.

So dress yourself in Diesel Gold and Korean rip-offs. i hope you understand why the rest of us - maybe even those of us who think you "look good" - will never respect you for it.
                              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• ironman
                                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                                ...What happened to people saving up for things they wanted? What happened to real desire? I've been a member of Superfuture for going on four years now and have been a Raf / Rick / Etc... addict for perhaps just as long. It took me three years of saving andthrifting and re-selling to finally be able to start affording their pieces (even on eBay) like the Rick Sneakers / Jacket I bought just recently. I still can't afford a Rick leather - although if I start saving again I could in a year or two most likely. I could probably buy a Black Scissors jacket right now, but I'm not going to. Why? Because I have standards.

Which I thought was the entire point of this forum....
                                agreed. i feel it's better to save up and get what you really wanted, than settling. like he said, real desire. i saved up funds and it paid off; got myself a ccp fencing jacket. i know i wouldn't be as happy with a replica. even though i got it for a deal, it's still the most expensive thing i bought; it's still worth the wait and the saving

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎