X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

^to me, a good leather is the most justifiable obscenely expensive purchase. could work for 3 of the 4 seasons and looks good a number of ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
      ^to me, a good leather is the most justifiable obscenely expensive purchase. could work for 3 of the 4 seasons and looks good a number of ways.
      omg now i want the ccp fencing in a 46 you enabler bastard.

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

i would pull the trigger on the 54 on ebay but just printed my amex statements to go through for taxes and spent $24750 on apparel in the last 11 months. time for an intervention.

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by xadam View Post
          omg now i want the ccp fencing in a 46 you enabler bastard.
          lawll
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• uparmoured
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
            i would pull the trigger on the 54 on ebay but just printed my amex statements to go through for taxes and spent $24750 on apparel in the last 11 months. time for an intervention.
            ...BUT...
            [enable]... and it doesn't get any gooder than a CCP Fencing... That auction should be a blast to watch in the last 30 seconds...

Plus 25 Grand buys roughly 2.5 CCP outfits...[/enable]
            FS: M.A+
            FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• random
              • Dec 2007

from a few days ago when waywt was a battlefield. realized i should lose some weight before i could wear it well, but since i promised to post a pic of these nipples i will do it anyways.

julius nipples jacket
              cloak jeans
              julius boots
              attachment l/s
              ann d coin bag necklace
              jas mb bag
              I don't exist.

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

in my shitty kitchen that hasn't been remodeled since 77.

raf simons coat
                cloak sweater
                raf by raf simons jeans
                common projects

Comment

• tangerine
                  • Dec 2006

kunk, you look like you are going to put out a fire on the moon, and I mean that as a sincere compliment.

I challenge anyone to bite this man's steez.

Are we allowed to talk like that here?
                  the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

thank you sir. it's a bit garish but i was so psyched to get this as i don't think it was ever produced for retail. only black made it to stores.

i have the long anorak too from 02 and long ago sold the ill-advised purchase of the raf varsity jacket.

Comment

• therapysessions
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                      in this case I would absolutely defend designers like Robert Geller. he was kind enough to allow showroom pictures to be posted online before the collection hit stores, and the result was that someone completely stole the design and tried to sell cheap knock-off. thats simply shitty business, and thats the reason people hate BS and what they do. no one here is complaining about copying gucci or lvmh, which you somehow managed to pull into the conversation. that, plus they've fucked up some orders and have very crappy service (no or slow replies, obnoxious behaviour). enough reason?
                      I asked Robert to let me post the pictures because I felt so many people were missing out on things that don't hit the stores. Robert agreed and I couldn't apologize enough when I saw ripoffs were posting the leathers I put up to order, before stores even got the chance to order them.

It's a mistake to assume that these labels that are getting so much press are money making machines and are a part of a huge business. They're not. Robert is literally about 3 guys in a tiny 400 sq foot office. Tim Hamilton works from his apartment. If designers can't maintain their business, you're going to lose great talents in fashion pushing new ideas and aesthetics.

Ripoffs hurt designers because it dilutes the brand in general. The argument that 'bargain hunting' has the same effect is ridiculous. The designer has already been paid for the product by the store. However, knockoffs deter those that CAN afford it (this also includes stores) because the last thing they want to be wearing is something that someone has made a billion ugly/subpar versions of. Not only that, there already have been a few cases of people putting up RO Blackscissor knockoff on online auction sites claiming they're real.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

hells yea. buy, xadam, buy!!!
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

btw faust, thanks a lot. i managed to resist the ccp fencing jacket but after seeing your last few white-jacketed posts, i have asked my aunt to bring the RO white funnel neck home from paris (they had an xxl.)

I may be coming by to visit to borrow some soup and potable water after i pay her back.

Comment

• tangerine
                            • Dec 2006

I am guessing Faust makes good borscht. I think it's a good plan.
                            the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

quiet you. you're my fallback uninvited dinner plan. no one will notice one more homeless person in san fran.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Hahaha, sorry kunk. When you are broke, I'll do some copy writing for you.

Tangerine, my Mom makes an awesome borscht (and Mrs. Faust's Mom too)
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎