X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justine
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by uparmoured View Post
    I first went 'ahhhhhhh', then I went LOL because I realized what a SZ Geek I am, noticing the cross and all.... :)
    Good look as usual in this bathroom.

Comment

• Real Real
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
      servo, i doubt he can afford a RO jacket, and this came to mind recently, have you ever posted up in the lanes?
      How many fit pics do you think it should take before a person gets permission to post anything but praise in this thread? One and it's open season, or should there be some sort of ratio of fit pics to criticisms?

Comment

• uparmoured
        • Sep 2007

FS: M.A+
        FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Real Real View Post
          How many fit pics do you think it should take before a person gets permission to post anything but praise in this thread? One and it's open season, or should there be some sort of ratio of fit pics to criticisms?
          I tend to think he was just being curious if I had ever posted one - I hardly think P.Nod was taking me to task for disliking Black Scissors. I could very well be wrong, though. The internet is a fickle and confusing mistress.
          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

un, looks dope as always.

and thanks for your comment. i just dress lot shittier with more casual stuff in summer cause anything beyond a tank top makes me sweat my ass off.

anyway, my new coat is almost too big. a first.

kunk your last two are pretty awesome... I know nothing of your offline day-to-day steez but it seems that your recent waywts have displayed much greater maturity in aesthetic focus compared to some earlier ones... Keep at it!

Tis the season for fencing jackets so it seems (in SZ and ebay)... I wish I could compare the leather from the FW version to the SS... Looking badass joey...

Last edited by kunk75; 10-21-2008, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
              I tend to think he was just being curious if I had ever posted one - I hardly think P.Nod was taking me to task for disliking Black Scissors. I could very well be wrong, though. The internet is a fickle and confusing mistress.
              i go way back w my bro servo -- i was just curious because i couldn't recall one.
              anyway, of course i will agree w any proposal put forth that one must post up to comment. its been my political platform all season.
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

... as CCP Fencing Jacket is to Object-Dyed-Leather-Woman-Repelling-Body-Condom...
                or was it the ccp fencing jacket is like a condom without a war.
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• arny068
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Gunjah View Post
                  ahh man, the upper half and those trousers are great, but i really don't like the boots at all, maybe cause they're white, no friend of white boots at all though.

kira : very nice boots, but not sure of that dress, with a tight fitted leather i think it looks very good
                  agreed, don't really like the combination but i guess its ur style

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

crappy cellphone pic

Y's/Dior/C Diem
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• noerml
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                      I don't even know what that means. My only issue with Black Scissors is the knock-off production. Cheap RO inspired leather I have no problems with, but when you hear that they were ripping off Geller pre-season samples it inspires no confidence.

Well i am not really sure about that myself. First off all it seems like those rip-offs hurt the designer... But then again... who buys them? Mostly people who can't afford the orginal. Now fashion industry managed to instill a weird attitude into us fashion victims that seemingly makes it desirable to pay full retail and bargin hunting uh...a bad thing. But what are the alternatives.. and there i personally say...
                      i'd rather have someone running around in the BS RO rip-off than in some random H&M t-shirt/jeans combo.
                      I personally can't be bothered with the fashion industry...and if only thru their retailers, even CCP/Ann D and the like belong to "the industry". So as long as the outfit itself looks good i couldn't care less whether he was stupid enough to pay full retail for his CCP leather or got himself some weird ebay fake and still looks dope. Maybe a bit different but still dope.

Now you can trash in the "support the designer and their work" argument, but it's not like RO.. or let's be more dramatic... LVMH would be runing out of business. In fact i dare say it stirs up business for them in the long run. It's only the very small and new designers that would really be affected by such fakes/rip-offs. But i hardly ever see those here on szg, nor are they a subject for such rip-offs to being with.

ah well..just my 2 euro-trash cents.

oh and btw upamoured: I am no fan of ma+, but this detail shot looks excellent.
                      And through their parting lids there came and went
                      Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

I also dislike ripping off designers but in some cases I'd say it's justified. For example: I've been wanting a Julius leather jacket for a while now but there's no way I could fit into the real thing. I also doubt Julius will do a custom order for me ;)
                        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                          I also dislike ripping off designers but in some cases I'd say it's justified. For example: I've been wanting a Julius leather jacket for a while now but there's no way I could fit into the real thing. I also doubt Julius will do a custom order for me ;)
                          and julius is at best an homage to ro. the problem is that the counterfeiters will never deliver the details of a garment that make it truly special. at best they'll give you a poorly-fitted exoskeleton.
                          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• noerml
                            • May 2008

Well for me it all boils down to..why defend fashion industry?I just don't get it... are people running around with the illussion their purchase of the "real deal" benefits the designer in any significant way? This is especially true with those bigger labels. In fact from a personal point of view i'D prefer the fake gucci-logo-belt over the real one any day (not that i'd ever consider wearing one save for a carneval or a bad taste party).

If you hold that fakes do indeed hurt the designer than a thorough logic would dictate that to some extent even the bargin hunting, i.e. buying from yoox or sales, has a similar effect, since it might urge shops to reconsider on the order of that brand for the next season.
                            (naturally that doesn't mean the shop is selling no items for full retail, but neither does the purchase of fakes, so the point turns moot).

Now i can totally understand that some people consider fashion as some sort of serialized Art and a collector wouldn't buy a Pollock replica either. But that's something highly subjective...

and when it comes to details... not all are willing to pay a premium of 1000% for those

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by noerml View Post
                              Well for me it all boils down to..why defend fashion industry?I just don't get it... are people running around with the illussion their purchase of the "real deal" benefits the designer in any significant way? This is especially true with those bigger labels. In fact from a personal point of view i'D prefer the fake gucci-logo-belt over the real one any day (not that i'd ever consider wearing one save for a carneval or a bad taste party).
                              in this case I would absolutely defend designers like Robert Geller. he was kind enough to allow showroom pictures to be posted online before the collection hit stores, and the result was that someone completely stole the design and tried to sell cheap knock-off. thats simply shitty business, and thats the reason people hate BS and what they do. no one here is complaining about copying gucci or lvmh, which you somehow managed to pull into the conversation. that, plus they've fucked up some orders and have very crappy service (no or slow replies, obnoxious behaviour). enough reason?
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• noerml
                                • May 2008

Well actually i was not so much talking about BS, but more in a more general way. I don'T personally own any such fakes and rip-offs, so maybe i should just shut the fuck up. But it strikes me as odd, that a lot of people are against such products for all the wrong reasons.

oh and LVMH thing.. hm.. as long as i have have to walk in a shop that carries both RO, Yohji and DG, Gucci it's just the same for me really. sad as it sounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎