Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enaml
    • Apr 2009

Don't have the years that many members here do, but I'm in my second year at a small liberal arts college, double majoring in psychology & Japanese language & cultural studies. Always sorta assumed I would want to go into a research field (likely cognitive psychology or something similar), but as of late (past few months) I've been having my doubts about working in academia. Now I'm sort of considering JET (Japan Exchange & Teaching Program), or at least something after I graduate, to hold of deciding between graduate school and something else.

Doesn't seem too uncommon in this thread, at least relatively speaking, but I've been having increasing feelings that things I wanted to do a few years ago have led me to make decisions that block off a variety of options that I am now more interested in than the 'path' I've been working towards the past few years. That said, I am 20.
    How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• t-bone
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
      Ruby on Rails DORK.

MBD
      indeed! i balance my inner nerd by trying to keep playing/recording music even though both of my bands are currently in suspended animation... (that's what happens when 2 of your married bandmates have a baby, and your other band's members are young and in 4 other bands!)

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

^that's pretty awesome.

Critical Care / Interventional Radiology Nurse. Currently in school for Anesthesia. I almost kill people on the regs.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
            ^that's pretty awesome.

Critical Care / Interventional Radiology Nurse. Currently in school for Anesthesia. I almost kill people on the regs.
            Awesome.
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

Thanks..
              There's a fine line between comfortably sedated and not breathing. I'm happy with my career so far... challenging, versatile, rewarding, financially sound, respectable, ect.. It's given me a different perspective on clothes / fit as well.

Such a huge array of people on here.

Comment

• mononon
                • Sep 2009

i'm 21, studying business administration with a concentration in corporate finance, so i'm hoping to get into investment banking. applied to half a dozen firms for summer internships, got zero responses
                calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• nictan
                  • Jul 2009

^ im 23, doing economics in my second year. Hope to get into investment banking too, but decided i should take things a step at a time. I have an upcoming internship this summer with Barclays Capital, Operations division. Figured i could learn the ropes at back-office. Maybe i'll try for IB in my penultimate year.

Comment

• ink
                    • Sep 2010

I WANT TO GET IN TO INVESTMENT BANKING TOO BUT I AM NOT SMART ENOUGH,SAD!!!

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ink View Post
                      I WANT TO GET IN TO INVESTMENT BANKING TOO BUT I AM NOT SMART ENOUGH,SAD!!!
                      Pita, we like you exactly where you are right now
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tofucactaur
                        • Jan 2010

3rd year of bachelor music peformance....
                        way to much guitar...>?
                        =
                        hate music now....

Comment

• eton97
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by tofucactaur View Post
                          3rd year of bachelor music peformance....
                          way to much guitar...>?
                          =
                          hate music now....
                          Been 'playing' at playing guitar for years....would love to be doing that!
                          When I eventually loose my job I'd love to take some time out and brush up on the performing side
                          you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• mononon
                            • Sep 2009

feel the same way INK
                            calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• eton97
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mononon View Post
                              feel the same way INK
                              Mononon.....I have been working in the biz for 15+yrs now...and believe me i wouldn't have a chance getting in now - I do a lot of grad intereviewing and the calibre is mind-blowing....
                              i saw that you applied to half a dozen firms for summer internships
                              1) don't lose faith - its still one of the most competitive sectors to get into
                              2) why half a dozen? - you should be applying to 30+

You, nictan (and PITA) should all reconsider a career in investment banking - you will have no life.......broking/trading far more fun!
                              you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by marsa View Post
                                you guys are in luck - despite being norwegian i wrote my thesis in english - so if you are up for 100 pages of endless academic mastrubation - pm me and i will email you a pdf.
                                Speaking as an academic, I prefer the term intellectual onanism.

MBD
                                "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                                It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                                My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎