• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soultek
    • Feb 2007

Re: This Is What I Do

[quote user="Faust"]

Cool.[Y]</p>

Soultek, in your experience, have you come across Piega speakers? Thinking to take the plunge.
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

No. I looked them up, they are certainly nice looking at the very least. One thing to consider when working on your audio system is the space. Where you sit, and the room are 50% of good sound. You won't get the most out of well designed speakers unless you even out the sound field in the room by compensating for room reflections and modes as well as a few other things. It's certainly a pain in the ass, but worth it.</p>

Have you used speakers with electrostatic transducers before? It can be an acquired taste. </p>

What kind of system are we talking about? 5.1, 2.0, 2.1, 12.3??</p>

Comment

• soultek
      • Feb 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]soultek, you should get into circuit bent electronic noize.
      [/quote]</p>

Is that a group, genre, or type of synthesizer? </p>

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Yea! This thread delivers, everyone has such interesting lives. If "Introduce Yourself" is the first date, this is the 3rd or 4h. I would love to see more examples of people's work, think of it as an SZ open mic night.
        music

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="soultek"][quote user="Faust"]

Cool.[Y]</p>

Soultek, in your experience, have you come across Piega speakers? Thinking to take the plunge.
          </p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

No. I looked them up, they are certainly nice looking at the very least. One thing to consider when working on your audio system is the space. Where you sit, and the room are 50% of good sound. You won't get the most out of well designed speakers unless you even out the sound field in the room by compensating for room reflections and modes as well as a few other things. It's certainly a pain in the ass, but worth it.</p>

Have you used speakers with electrostatic transducers before? It can be an acquired taste. </p>

What kind of system are we talking about? 5.1, 2.0, 2.1, 12.3??</p>

[/quote]</p>

5.0 don't need a sub in an apt. building, my neighbors hate me enough without it. probably better make a separate thread for this.
          </p>
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jorge Hache
            • Sep 2006

Architect with a master degree in architectural design, 32 years old, irun an office of architectural design focused on housing and urban development, also teach architecture in one of the most important universities of Mexico(TEC of Monterrey) and history of cinema in the Digital Design Institute.</P>

I'm partner in ARQ[lab] a small company of digital architectural visualization and experimental architecture.</P>
            <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Comment

• neshboe
              • Nov 2007

I am a copywriter/writer producer for a large agency in Los Angeles. I work on everything from trailer and TV spots for films to treatments/concepts for commercials and viral spots. Started out as a musician - still have a band on the side: http://www.myspace.com/horseshow

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

That's awesome. Maybe you could represent me one day...</p>

Most of what I've written is contemporary "classical" music, but I'm currently trying to put together an album of more accessible electronic music.</p>

[quote user="ddohnggo"]</p>

ha. </p>

basically i worked in tech consulting for 3.5 years after graduating college. now i work for a marketing/advertising company in nyc that deals with online marketing, working in the strategy and analysis group. ;)</p>

i also run a small record label. </p>[/quote]
                music

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

I'll be the third man, my brother lives in Chicago. </p>

</p>

[quote user="iSuck"][quote user="Casius"] </p>

I'm down. To be honest, a show about running a high end retail shop might be kind of a cool reality show....</p><p mce_keep="true"> </p>

...Where do I sign? </p>

[/quote]</p>

Are we going to find a 3rd and do it like Three's Company or just remain The Odd Couple?</p>[/quote]
                  music

Comment

• mass
                    • Sep 2006

i'm a sculptor, but with computers D:

Comment

• Who?
                      • Aug 2007

I am currently in transition from undergrad to optometry school. During this time I am working as an optician and a golf caddy. I caddy at a few courses around southern cal and for a friend of mine that turned pro.
                      WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• dzphoto
                        • Dec 2006

I make Photography, video and sculpture. I also have a job involving product design and development, unfortunately not fashion related.</p>

</p>

Comment

• Servo2000
                          • Oct 2006

[quote user="Who?"]I am currently in transition from undergrad to optometry school. During this time I am working as an optician and a golf caddy. I caddy at a few courses around southern cal and for a friend of mine that turned pro.
                          [/quote]</p>

How hard is it to caddy? I was thinking about picking up a summer job - I have a friend who thinks he can get me in and it sounds like decent money.</p>
                          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Who?
                            • Aug 2007

[quote user="Servo2000"]

[quote user="Who?"]I am currently in transition from undergrad to optometry school. During this time I am working as an optician and a golf caddy. I caddy at a few courses around southern cal and for a friend of mine that turned pro.
                            [/quote]</p>

How hard is it to caddy? I was thinking about picking up a summer job - I have a friend who thinks he can get me in and it sounds like decent money.</p>

[/quote]</p>

It really just depends on the individual you have to caddy for, it can be fun or 4 hours of hell. Some people really want advice while others just want you to carry the bag. As far as skills go the more playing experience you have the more help you can offer, which sometimes can translate into more money. Typically all you will do is clean clubs, fix divots, suggest shots, give yardages and read greens. My only suggestions are get there early, buy a comfortable pair of trainers and make friends with the person you are carrying for, if they play well while you are on the bag they will ask for you every time they play.
                            </p>
                            WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

Would anyone be willing to provide me with an image for my myspace music page? I'm no photographer (as evidenced by my WAYWT posts) but I'd like some kind of cool image for my page. I don't want a pic of myself because I want to keep a mysterious nom de plume for my work (though the secret is out here). I'm looking for something abstract/minimal/geometric/non-referential, you can listen to my pieces for inspiration. I can't pay for the image, but I will credit it and ask permission before using it anywhere else.</p>

Please post pics on this thread so we can all see and maybe have a vote. Thanks! </p>
                              music

Comment

• Serendipper
                                • Mar 2008

I am a professional in the rock &amp; roll industry.</P>

Day job: I work for a rather prolific production/events company named Avatar.</P>

Other day job: I manage, produce, and oversee activites for an independant company called Trifacta Ent.. First releases scheduled for the third quarter.</P>
                                <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Night job: I am co-writing a nonfiction book, and several tv pilot treatments.</P>

I am also finishing up a solo album of mostly rock music wherein I sing and play all the instruments.</P>

Life is good.[Y] Busy as hell, but good.</P>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎