• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theaddict
    • Apr 2008

Re: This Is What I Do

[quote user="Johnny"]you are not alone, the addict.....[/quote]</p>

Oh, Jonny seems also on board...:)</p>
    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="oliviervdroo"]

Well theaddict, if it can be of any comfort to you, you're not the only one working in the somewhat less creative field of IP. I'm a patent litigator in Brussels. </p>

[/quote]</p>

Dude, we need to talk about this when we meet.</p>
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• oliviervdroo
        • Jan 2008

I'm allowed to wear business casual. still not easy though, yohji for example is a no-go because "it looks like you're wearing pyjamas". it makes wearing my weekend clothes ever more fun though.

good luck with the phd
        </p>

</p>

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

Yes, I deal with this issue by the phenomenon known as the weekend (and the occassional dressing-up-in-the-house-clothes-party during the week)

Comment

• theaddict
            • Apr 2008

[quote user="oliviervdroo"]

I'm allowed to wear business casual. still not easy though, yohji for example is a no-go because "it looks like you're wearing pyjamas". it makes wearing my weekend clothes ever more fun though.

good luck with the phd
            </p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

are you working in a law firm? if so big, medium or small? Just curious, because i want to work at a big one one day and i am pretty sure that they only allow business formal, at least that is the only thing i would dare as a fresh associate...:) but if you can recommend me an international player with less formal style rules, i would say thats a criteria for a job...haha...at least it can say something about your working environment and maybe your collegues...</p>

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

[quote user="Johnny"]Yes, I deal with this issue by the phenomenon known as the weekend (and the occassional dressing-up-in-the-house-clothes-party during the week)[/quote]</p>

haha, and i guess people from office would be shocked if they see a "goth-ninja" out of the sudden...</p>

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="theaddict"]

[quote user="Johnny"]Yes, I deal with this issue by the phenomenon known as the weekend (and the occassional dressing-up-in-the-house-clothes-party during the week)[/quote]</p>

haha, and i guess people from office would be shocked if they see a "goth-ninja" out of the sudden...</p>

[/quote]</p>

Actually, I would be shocked more. [75]</p>
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                  • Sep 2006

they certainly would be, although I am not one of those!! i'm pretty tame for sz, but still enough for a good slagging off from my colleages at office parties</P>

edit - lol faust..... as i think you and everyone else wouldif in fact you saw that</P>

Comment

• theaddict
                    • Apr 2008

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="theaddict"]

[/quote]</p>

Actually, I would be shocked more. [75]</p>

[/quote]</p>

[79] i have to admit, me too [86]</p>

BTW, arent you working somewhere at wall street faust?</p>

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

[quote user="Johnny"]

they certainly would be, although I am not one of those!! i'm pretty tame for sz, but still enough for a good slagging off from my colleages at office parties</p>

edit - lol faust..... as i think you and everyone else wouldif in fact you saw that</p>

[/quote]</p>

I dont think most of those nerdy, Polo shirt wearing lawyers i know would even recognize that one is not wearing a second hand outfit taken out of the dumbster...last time i wore my volga volga coat some of them asked me in which supermarket one could get such a pyjama..haha
                      </p>

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

[quote user="theaddict"]

Man, everyone seem to have such diverse and mostly creative backgrounds...sigh...</p>

I have studied law in Germany and right now i am in the middle of a PhD. I am focussing my PhD Essay on a comparative work about Intellectual Property Rights in the film industry in Germany and South Korea. </p>

After that i have to take a second exam (Studying law in Germany is a lifetime task...) and after that i want to apply for a one year master program in NY (Although the first exam i already have is quite a equivalent to a foreign master).</p>

Besides i have been working for a biotechnological firm which is still in the process of development but will create a revolution in cardiographic analysis.</p>

If you guys have heart problems, watch out for magnetochardiography in the future! Its not used commercially yet, but the advantages of this method are so convincing, this will be the gap of this century :)</p>

I try to spare some time for sports like squash, gym, climbing, snowboard...</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

germans are so intense and determined. you sould exactly, to a T, like my german girlfriend</p>
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• oliviervdroo
                          • Jan 2008

what the heck. here I am in full glory. the suit is grey of course [74]<a href="http://www.crowell.com/Professionals/Olivier-Van-Droogenbroek%20" here="" i="" am="_blank">
                          </a>

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

phil, kurt reminds me of norman blake in that picture..it's a good un.

Comment

• theaddict
                              • Apr 2008

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="theaddict"]

Man, everyone seem to have such diverse and mostly creative backgrounds...sigh...</p>

I have studied law in Germany and right now i am in the middle of a PhD. I am focussing my PhD Essay on a comparative work about Intellectual Property Rights in the film industry in Germany and South Korea. </p>

After that i have to take a second exam (Studying law in Germany is a lifetime task...) and after that i want to apply for a one year master program in NY (Although the first exam i already have is quite a equivalent to a foreign master).</p>

Besides i have been working for a biotechnological firm which is still in the process of development but will create a revolution in cardiographic analysis.</p>

If you guys have heart problems, watch out for magnetochardiography in the future! Its not used commercially yet, but the advantages of this method are so convincing, this will be the gap of this century :)</p>

I try to spare some time for sports like squash, gym, climbing, snowboard...</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

germans are so intense and determined. you sould exactly, to a T, like my german girlfriend</p>

[/quote]</p>

Sorry man, my english seems to be not enough. "to a T"? </p>

Comment

• theaddict
                                • Apr 2008

[quote user="oliviervdroo"]what the heck. here I am in full glory. the suit is grey of course [74]<a href="http://www.crowell.com/Professionals/Olivier-Van-Droogenbroek%20" mce_href="http://www.crowell.com/Professionals/Olivier-Van-Droogenbroek%20" here="" i="" am="_blank">
                                </a>[/quote]</p>

</p>

Nice CV...:) </p>

Didnt know you guys have the latin marks for everything...we just have it for the Phd or habil. degrees...</p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎