• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: This Is What I Do

[quote user="theaddict"][quote user="philip nod"][quote user="theaddict"]

Man, everyone seem to have such diverse and mostly creative backgrounds...sigh...</p>

I have studied law in Germany and right now i am in the middle of a PhD. I am focussing my PhD Essay on a comparative work about Intellectual Property Rights in the film industry in Germany and South Korea. </p>

After that i have to take a second exam (Studying law in Germany is a lifetime task...) and after that i want to apply for a one year master program in NY (Although the first exam i already have is quite a equivalent to a foreign master).</p>

Besides i have been working for a biotechnological firm which is still in the process of development but will create a revolution in cardiographic analysis.</p>

If you guys have heart problems, watch out for magnetochardiography in the future! Its not used commercially yet, but the advantages of this method are so convincing, this will be the gap of this century :)</p>

I try to spare some time for sports like squash, gym, climbing, snowboard...</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

germans are so intense and determined. you sould exactly, to a T, like my german girlfriend</p>

[/quote]</p>

Sorry man, my english seems to be not enough. "to a T"? </p>

[/quote]</p>

<a href="http://www.bookofjoe.com/2007/12/the-origin-of-t.html" mce_href="http://www.bookofjoe.com/2007/12/the-origin-of-t.html">rest easy, you just learned something new today
    </a></p>
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• theaddict
      • Apr 2008

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="theaddict"][quote user="philip nod"][quote user="theaddict"]

Man, everyone seem to have such diverse and mostly creative backgrounds...sigh...</p>

I have studied law in Germany and right now i am in the middle of a PhD. I am focussing my PhD Essay on a comparative work about Intellectual Property Rights in the film industry in Germany and South Korea. </p>

After that i have to take a second exam (Studying law in Germany is a lifetime task...) and after that i want to apply for a one year master program in NY (Although the first exam i already have is quite a equivalent to a foreign master).</p>

Besides i have been working for a biotechnological firm which is still in the process of development but will create a revolution in cardiographic analysis.</p>

If you guys have heart problems, watch out for magnetochardiography in the future! Its not used commercially yet, but the advantages of this method are so convincing, this will be the gap of this century :)</p>

I try to spare some time for sports like squash, gym, climbing, snowboard...</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

germans are so intense and determined. you sould exactly, to a T, like my german girlfriend</p>

[/quote]</p>

Sorry man, my english seems to be not enough. "to a T"? </p>

[/quote]</p>

<a href="http://www.bookofjoe.com/2007/12/the-origin-of-t.html" mce_href="http://www.bookofjoe.com/2007/12/the-origin-of-t.html">rest easy, you just learned something new today
      </a></p>

[/quote]</p>

indeed, many thanks! And "ein Küss die Hand schöne Frau" to your german girlfriend[66]</p>
      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

where are you studying?
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• theaddict
          • Apr 2008

Cologne, Köln!

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="theaddict"]Cologne, Köln!
            [/quote]</p>

One of the great unsolved mysteries is how the English speaking worlds got from
            "Koln" to "Cologne."</p>
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

[quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]</p>

"Koln" to "Cologne."</p>

[/quote]</p>

Maybe because english speaking people cannot pronounce Koeln correctly?</p>

Like germans cannot pronounce chinese words, so Beijing is Peking in german...:)</p>

Comment

• nycd
                • Oct 2006

it's the other way around - cologne comes from colonia agrippina - the name for the roman settlement that became cologne.</p>

[quote user="Faust"]</p>

[/quote]</p>

"Koln" to "Cologne."</p>[/quote]

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ interesting! thanks, nycd.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Huxley
                    • Dec 2007

About to graduate high-school, then I'll go to Community College for a year since I have no idea what I want to do with my life and I slacked off all through high school, which was actually a good thing, because if I had indeed worked my ass off then my family would be in deep shit with one kid at Wesleyan and another going somewhere else with similar tuition. I'd like to do something either fashion or film related.

Comment

• insidertrading
                      • Mar 2007

worked in marketing / advertising at electronic arts, primarily for the need for speed franchise. recently left ea to finish my degree at simon fraser university (double major in business and communications). pursuing weiden + kennedy 12 after graduation.

</p>

Comment

• xeefus
                        • Oct 2007

[quote user="insidertrading"]

worked in marketing / advertising at electronic arts, primarily for the need for speed franchise. recently left ea to finish my degree at simon fraser university (double major in business and communications). pursuing weiden + kennedy 12 after graduation.

</p>

[/quote]</p>

Oh... I've always been wondering how this game got so popular. I mean, didn't EA pay the brands to get to have their cars in the game? The first game didn't get too much attention, neither did the company, but then it just exploded and like 8 years from then they were one of the leading video game producers/distributors, or whatever one might call them, in the world.</p>

Now I guess they get paid a lot to have the cars and such in the games.</p>

I'm not sure if this is all true or if it's just me who is a little behind. But I find it amazing.
                        </p>

Comment

• insidertrading
                          • Mar 2007

^^
                          ea knows how to market it's games. they specialize in appealing to the lowest common denominator of gamers--their cash cow. while other publishing houses tend to focus on developing new and innovative i.p. (that may eventually become ultra profitable franchises like call of duty and world of warcraft), ea spends most of its resources on sexing up old and proven franchises (usually licensed) and buying out its competition. though of course, with it's recent change in management, all of this is changing.
                          </p>

it also helps that ea has advertising powerhouse weiden + kennedy working on most (if not all) of their campaigns.
                          </p>

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

sorry to bump an old thread but i thought it might be a good subject on a slow sunday..

i work in fine art. i basically manage a collection of artwork by a single artist.

this involves archival work (in a bank vault), private sales, museum acquisitions, print and catalog production of the finest quality..

pretty boring stuff..

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                              sorry to bump an old thread but i thought it might be a good subject on a slow sunday..

i work in fine art. i basically manage a collection of artwork by a single artist.

this involves archival work (in a bank vault), private sales, museum acquisitions, print and catalog production of the finest quality..

pretty boring stuff..
                              Ha!
                              Sounds pretty neat actually. Will you have the opportunity to expand to manage multiple artists in the future or is this something you do as a business or are you part of a company with which you handle this artist as an account?

The art world is fascinating to me and everything that surrounds it.

I think most people know what I do... but just in case:

I will be receiving my MD from my home institution this coming May. Will begin my General Surgery residency in July likely either in Houston or in NYC. This will be the beginning of a track into plastics and reconstructive surgery likely at an academic institution which is my ultimate goal.

I also design, pattern, research, experiment and construct all the pieces for my project Collateral.
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

no, it's not like a management agency or gallery. i work directly with the artist (now dead) but the collection is huge and the work will most likely last a lifetime..

chinorlz, how do you manage your time as surgeon and work on collateral at the same time? it's like living a double life..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎