X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by scott.m View Post
    lesson learned last night: 6 gin and tonics on a day or two's empty stomach is a fucking horrible and humiliating idea for a holiday party. shoulda stuck with wine
    I hate to sound parental, but don't drink so much dude. You still got a lot of road to walk.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• stereophobic
      • Aug 2009

If it was an open bar, it wouldn't have hurt to eat some wedges or something :( I do grab a drink or two on an empty stomach before dinner but quickly eat something after. So what gin?
      An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• scott.m
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
        I hate to sound parental, but don't drink so much dude. You still got a lot of road to walk.
        actually been laying low lately hahah, thanks though man, appreciate it! i'm really excited for the new year, january has so much to look forward to.

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

the recent resurgence of helmut lang denim interest has me wanting to break out my old dark blue jeans with the black inside out pockets attached...every time winter rolls around it feels great to retreat to a mixture of grungy dowdiness and inspiration from The Wild One.
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

found another damn hole in the hooked luc sweater, this time it's "on the sweater" and not in the seam as last time. I have barley used it and it's already falling apart, not what I had in mind for a $1130 (glad I at least got it on sale for $680)

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

what is the material like? is it possible that its rubbing somewhere, like a bag etc?
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                • Jun 2008

It's dual layered wool (guess it's exactly like the beanie you sold), the layer thats broken now feels rather rigid, and not so easy breakable, I have used it under a rick moto collar and around my apartment. havent had anything rubbing at it directly, a very light canvas bag over the leather jacket. but the hole is in chest hight, rather close to the side seam.

I'm afraid to wear it now, don't want the hole to get bigger. but I talked to my tailor who confirmed what I already knew that it could be hard to fix, other then to try and sew together the hole again... but that won't look too nice, and probably won't hold up so great either.

"pilling" is a part of the hooked/pressed effect.

Comment

• maldoror
                  • Jun 2007

learn to embrace decay

pretend it's an o-project piece

Comment

• bestial
                    • Jun 2008

it's already decayed... on the other reversed side. :)

I don't really mind decay, after some year(s) getting to know the garment etc. but not after the fifth wear.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

shouldn't be a big deal to fix, it'll leave a small scar but since its black it shouldn't be very noticeable.

I got a pretty big hole on the sleeve of a reversible cotton knit, I was carrying my friends couch in a crammed hallway, rubbed my arm on the concrete wall and my watch, which was underneath the sleeve, made a hole the size of a thumb on it. I just sewed it up pretty roughly, left a scar but I don't even notice it anymore.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• bestial
                        • Jun 2008

will probably have to do it, just find it utterly irritating when it's so new and I haven't done anything besides putting it on and off a couple of times. :/

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

yea thats pretty annoying. I'd guess that it has something to do with the way its made/finished, maybe the hole is already there but when it stretches with wear it becomes noticeable.

Comment

• bestial
                            • Jun 2008

I don't think the hole is there from the beginning, not in this form anyway. But, the construction along the seam is a bit odd, it looks thinner and more stretch then the rest of the garment.

well, I'm probably a little bit whiny.

Comment

• calv
                              • May 2009

Not at all. It's crap when you like the it and only have given it a few wears and there's a small hole in there that wasn't before.

But what lowrey said, fix it with a bit of black thread if you think itll become bigger and you'll probably forget about it after a few wears..

Otherwise just give it a try as it is, as i find it fitting within luc's aesthetic and i personally dont think itll become bigger that fast.

Comment

• Vanna
                                • May 2008

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                                Be proud. Lumberjacks are the epitome of masculinity. Fuuma will agree. Look at this guy:
                                He looks like he'd enjoy Remingtons. Would cop.

Originally posted by scott.m View Post
                                lesson learned last night: 6 gin and tonics on a day or two's empty stomach is a fucking horrible and humiliating idea for a holiday party. shoulda stuck with wine
                                I can handle 3 at the most. 2 if I'm at some NYC gay bar. They know how to light my ass up.
                                Life is a hiiighway

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎