Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peasant
    • Jul 2009

Well, Steelers are the underdogs. But it'll be a good game. I'll actually be in TX for it, but in Houston. We might drive up. I'll buy you a Lonestar. Do you like Rex Ryan? He's the worst.

Comment

• laughed
      • Jul 2009

I love Rex Ryan. Taking a team with rookie qb to the afc championship and then again the next year is pretty damn good.
      Especially after only winning 4 games the previous season.
      People may hate his style of coaching but it wins games and he'll certainly get another ring if not many more rings in the future. If I were building a franchise or if I were a player he'd without a doubt be my first pick for head coach.

Comment

• kanne
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Grazzesto View Post
        Girl picked up my Guidi laceups from the cobbler on her way home from work, this is what I received.
        Did you get them resoled? He must have slipped while grinding off the sole...
        Something similar happened to me on RO trainers once, changed the cobbler afterwards.

Comment

• Grazzesto
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by kanne View Post
          Did you get them resoled? He must have slipped while grinding off the sole...
          Something similar happened to me on RO trainers once, changed the cobbler afterwards.
          Yeah, I was getting rubber soles put on. I've never had problems with this cobbler before, and I didn't even get to see the boots until the store had already close so I am left with boiling blood until morning. That mark is the worst, looks a lot worse in real life than it does in the picture. There is also like three stains on the opposite side of the same boot that appears to be dried glue, as well as smaller marks/scuffs around both boots.

Also looks like while attempting to paint the soles black he had a bit of a shaky hand, some black marks on the actual leather.

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

^Damn, that's awful!
            music

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

Those marks will wear with time, but I'd walk in with the receipt from wear you bought them from. Let him know he's damaging over a grand of leather.

Comment

• syed
                • Sep 2010

GQ's finalists for Best New Menswear Designer:
                • Rick Klotz of Warriors of Radness
                • Patrik Ervell
                • Riviera Club designers Joe Sadler, Derek Buse, and Greg Ullery
                • Gant by Michael Bastian
                • Miller's Oath designer Kirk Miller
                • T by Alexander Wang

WoR sucks. I hope Ervell wins.
                "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Same fucking names over and over again. Lord. NYC is fucking dead. Maybe Plokhov will put a bit of fire in it.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Came back to New York to realize one of the reasons I miss Paris already. Not a single pair of Uggs to be seen there.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

i think LA is still the ugg capital of the world tho
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

i just found out my neighbor's wife is dead. there's a fire truck, a paramedic truck, and a cruiser outside. is all that really necessary?

she always had a cigarette in her mouth, i guess she died from smoking related illness..

Comment

• Vanna
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Came back to New York to realize one of the reasons I miss Paris already. Not a single pair of Uggs to be seen there.
                          God bless Paris. I really am dumbfounded by how long the lines are at UGG stores in this city. They even bust out fanciful velvet ropes to contain them.

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                          i just found out my neighbor's wife is dead. there's a fire truck, a paramedic truck, and a cruiser outside. is all that really necessary?

she always had a cigarette in her mouth, i guess she died from smoking related illness..
                          That does seem like a lot of ceremony. Maybe she was electrocuted by a toaster.
                          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

enders.. They don't know what's going on when they get a call. House fire at... Not, one lady down from a cutlery accident. We only need a few of you.
                            It is a lot of parading. I feel they could get in and out in a much more respectfully and secretive.

Bummer for both of them.

Comment

• trentk
                              • Oct 2010

SZ throws a dinner party:

"In the dining room, hung in black and opening on the transformed garden with its ash-powdered walks, its little pool now bordered with basalt and filled with ink, its clumps of cypresses and pines, the dinner had been served on a table draped in black, adorned with baskets of violets and scabiouses, lit by candelabra from which green flames blazed, and by chandeliers from which wax tapers flared.
                              To the sound of funeral marches played by a concealed orchestra, nude negresses, wearing slippers and stockings of silver cloth with patterns of tears, served the guests.
                              Out of black-edged plates they had drunk turtle soup and eaten Russian rye bread, ripe Turkish olives, caviar, smoked Frankfort black pudding, game with sauces that were the color of licorice and blacking, truffle gravy, chocolate cream, puddings, nectarines, grape preserves, mulberries and black-heart cherries; they had sipped, out of dark glasses, wines from Limagne, Roussillon, Tenedos, Val de Penas and Porto, and after the coffee and walnut brandy had partaken of kvas and porter and stout."
                              "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Acéphale
                                • Apr 2010

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡