• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

25 pounds for 48 Wispas......
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

getting a mortgage in 2011 is like trying to find cabbage patch kids when i was 8.

Comment

• whitney
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by JoniF
        Sue like a true American.
        i thought it was rather funny. my manager sure laughed her ass off.

lately its been rather gloomy. my friend went back to hong kong for her grandpa's funeral. i myself went to one last week, a friend died 1/24, same day as her birthday..

i smell a shitty year coming up.
        you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by whitney View Post

i smell a shitty year coming up.
          God Bless Whitney, I hope you aren't right. As for me, for some reason I have the same suspicion for myself...
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

This year can't possibly be more horrible than the second half of last year, so there's a silver lining there. Although the beginning of 2010 was the best time in my whole life so I dunno...

Unrelated: I bought a pair of jeans from All Saints during the sales 2 days ago... This is the first time I ever even walked into one of their stores. I feel a little dirty, but holy crap these are the most awesome jeans I own

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Is there anyone here who is good at designing business cards?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

last weekend my wife drug me into a hermes boutique and a ralph lauren boutique. the RL boutique was primarily black label, purple label and ralph lauren collection. no polo or any of that type of stuff. i have to say the quality of the clothing and leather goods at both stores was really very very good. none of the mens appealed to me personally but i was really impressed with a lot of the womenswear i saw there. my wife wears a lot of RL and it suits her. and she love hermes accessories (scarves leather goods etc.)

anyway, i'm sure everyone knows of hermes high quality but i was really impressed with everything i saw. RL too. it was just really nice stuff. i mention this because it felt weird. i wasn't critical at all. not pushing her toward the avant garde or anything. a bit later we looked at some rick and ann d and other womenswear and the difference in quality was apparent. sorry but its true. except for the fur and leather from rick.

all that being said the pricing at both boutiques would make xxx and grandma blush
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Is there anyone here who is good at designing business cards?
                  AKA*NYC, I believe.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                    last weekend my wife drug me into a hermes boutique ... i have to say the quality of the clothing and leather goods ... was really very very good.

anyway, i'm sure everyone knows of hermes high quality but i was really impressed with everything i saw. ... it was just really nice stuff.

all that being said the pricing at both boutiques would make xxx and grandma blush
                    Hermes leathergoods have simply stunning quality. I'm lucky to have stocked up in the late 90s before their prices doubled to tripled. But, after 11 years of hard use, the silver chain on the pen is the only casualty of shoving the agenda in my hip pocket 100-150 days/year. The leather on the agenda is beautiful (patinaed now, and darker), the gloves are still in top form (though, come to think of it, the first pair of gloves came unstitched after a few years and I had to exchange them), and the other bits and pieces are in similarly good shape.

The prices now make me cry, and I own plenty of it from back when.
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Nothing wrong with those, if you are into that kind of thing. There is clothes, and there is fashion. To me RL and Hermes are not fashion.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

thats an interesting differentiation. it makes sense to me. what was surprising i guess was that since i'd been out of that world for so long i thought i'd be bored by it. but i wasn't. i've had enough experience with the leathergoods to know they would be nice. i was just pleased to see that none of the quality had deteriorated and that i wasn't bored in the least. i actually want my wife to wear it. this in particular:

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

^ including the whip I take it...
                          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Nothing wrong with those, if you are into that kind of thing. There is clothes, and there is fashion. To me RL and Hermes are not fashion.
                            is it the same distinction as the one between writing and literature? it may be a matter of words only, but i don't think there is anything more exciting to me in the meanings that people usually attach to the word 'fashion' than to 'clothes'. 'fashion' refers either to a business/industry or to the zeitgeist of a time, including its clothing preferences. in this sense someone like altieri (every time i write this word i sense masugnen will appear and ask for something, so i try to be careful) would certainly prefer making clothes than fashion. i guess that to you it refers to something different, the fact that with some designs, there is something more than the functional side, even if the essence of these designs is to drape the human body. but this something more isn't easy to define, right?
                            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                              thats a riding crop mrbeuys. using the wrong term has earned you 20 lashes as well

but yes thats major component of its appeal
                              Last edited by cjbreed; 02-05-2011, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                                ZING!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎