• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I wonder if the US consensus is that The Office was also invented there
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dec 2010

I've been working on these for the past few hours for a series I'm doing. A few more and I'll have carpal tunnel in no time yay!

Really been wanting to shoot lately but lack of camera is kind of making it impossible. Anyone got a DSLR they don't want? (kidding. not really.)

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

iPhone 4 Element Vapor Cases

If anyone is wondering, the cases from http://www.elementcase.com/iphone4.html are quite well machined, but much bulkier than the website makes them appear. The phone is held in place well, but rather than (as one would assume, and as their stylized photography appears) snugly surrounding the phone all around* and adding minimum bulk, the case stands off the phone by a few millimeters. You can kind of see how large they are here ( http://www.elementcase.com/extreme.html ), but it's sort of hidden. Also, the side with the volume buttons has little enough metal left that it flexes quite a bit.

It's a nice case, but for what they cost, I would have expected just that bit more precision, polish, and quality.

Still way better than continuing to pay $200 dollars every time I drop my super-fragile phone.

* by, for instance, overlapping exactly to the built-in rubber surround on the phone itself.
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
          • Sep 2009

sad but true story: I was really looking forward to eating a grilled cheese sandwich from the cafeteria of the elementary school I work at, but I just burned it in my toaster oven :(
          http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Dec 2010

I know people who use that handy gap between iPhone/case to store money

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by 525252 View Post
              I know people who use that handy gap between iPhone/case to store money
              Not with this case.
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                i been thinkin bout reenlistin in army again. and idk if i wanna give up the freedom i have now , like goin to bed whenever i want and not worryin bout bein on time and gettin in trouble or if i don twanna take a bath for 2 days i kno i can get away with it for now LOL sounds gross i know but u get the idea
                I can't get it out of my conspiracy minded head that Jogu is really Karl Lagerfeld or, better, Hamish Bowles doing some insane performance art thing on SZ, and something based on him vis-á-vis his participation in SZ going to appear in Whitney Biennial this year.

Seriously had a conversation about this multiple times already with other people.
                Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 02-02-2011, 12:04 AM.
                "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

rofl i wish

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                    • Jan 2010

Wishing all of you a Happy Chinese New Year! May the year of the Rabbit bring you luck and prosperity.

Firecrackers blowing off everywhere and it's 3:30AM.
                    MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• sam_tem
                      • Apr 2007

Not sure how you northerners deal with this crap but weather in the 20’s is just too cold. The whole state is on rolling black-outs right now and we’ve gone through 4 power outages at work already today. At least it sounds like thurs. night / fri will give us a shot at some of the best snowfall (and actually stick to the ground for once) we’ve had in quite some time.

Fark, wake up your rabbit and tell him to get over his hangover cuz he's got work to do.

Comment

• Teejay
                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                        I can't get it out of my conspiracy minded head that Jogu is really Karl...
                        Since I have become friends with Jogu in person, thanks to this forum, I can assure you his online persona is an accurate representation of the guy behind the screen. I find that in person the clash in his demeanor and style is negligible and is curiously befitting, lol.
                        Jogu: You know I have said this already but don't you dare re-enlist.

Comment

• Dec 2010

Jogu is a little vampire boy with a huge widow's peak to me.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I hate this weather. Sick of wearing the same things every day.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dec 2010

Originally posted by 525252 View Post
                              Jogu is a little vampire boy with a huge widow's peak to me.
                              vampire boy no more :(

Comment

• whitney
                                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Farkhanyassin View Post
                                Wishing all of you a Happy Chinese New Year! May the year of the Rabbit bring you luck and prosperity.

Firecrackers blowing off everywhere and it's 3:30AM.
                                thats sweet of you! i asked my malaysian friend if they celebrate chinese new year but i guess not..

today started off wrong. last night i grabbed a pack of gum and on a whim decided on a spearmint flavor from a brand that quotes "wont' stick to dental work!"

this morning, after breakfast at work i broke off a piece and, not five seconds after chewing i hear a clunk

i spit my gum out into my palm and lo and behold theres a piece of metal there (my tooth cap)

i think thats a sign to begin my year with less sugar, i always said so, but never stuck to it before. this, may really make it stick.

no solid food for a few days at least :(
                                you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎