Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BECOMING-INTENSE
    • Jan 2008

Finally La fille de d'Artagnan has it's region two dvd release.

Sophie Marceau

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• endersgame
      • Aug 2009

why is it when you want to buy something; either from an individual or a store, it's the easiest thing to do..

but when you want to get a refund, it's always 10x harder to get the money back..

btw, bank transfers suck ass..

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

I'm on my first year at Uni. Among the countless things going on, my overprotective grandmother kept calling me almost every day until a few weeks ago. She kept asking me about my classes, the weather, what's new, etc, even though I had told her everything a million times. Nothing too extreme or overprotective, I'm her first close relative to go abroad to study after her children, so I guess I kind of understand her. Yet this is still unnecessary and BORING, as I don't talk to anyone that often... Needless to say this was getting very annoying, but I do love her very much and i know she only does it because she loves me too; I just couldn't imagine hearing myself demanding from her to stop calling me, you just don't do that, right.

In the meantime, my other grandmother lives on her own in silence, and I kept forgetting to call her. Whenever we talk it's never for more than a few minutes, and I constantly struggle to make our conversation interesting (although I know that just being on the phone without saying anything is more than enough for her).

I somehow felt like those issues needed to be addressed and at some point I came up with an idea; I asked each of them to make a scarf. Grandmother 1 would keep herself occupied for a while and I would also have a refreshingly interesting topic to discuss with her, relieving me from having nothing to talk to her about. Grandmother 2 would also engage into an interesting activity and, being the loner she is, would kind of feel in touch with me even if we don't get to talk that often. Additionally, i would also benefit. I gave them a few clear specifications; i wanted the scarf to be black and about 3 metres long. (It was almost like a contest, with the exception that the participants were not aware of it - imagine what would happen if I told them that I asked for the same thing from both of them to compare and contrast their knitting skills )

A few weeks later, I received two amazing hand-knitted scarfs. The first one is 4 metres long and half a metre wide, an extremely warm, soft and massive piece of fabric. It's almost like a blanket. The second one was far more interesting; the knitting has an alternating pattern which makes it sort of go up and down, resulting in a stripe-like appearance. Also, instead of just finishing the edges with a horizontal thread like the first one, she somehow made it end with tassels. Scarf 2 clearly wins because of its detailed characteristics, however Scarf 1 also wins because of its massive volume and nice drape. Needless to say everyone involved in this is very very happy.
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

so if i have your actual email address i just sent u an invite to join a new groupon-ish site. no i haven't been hacked or spammed it is totally legit and likely to be quite big. apologies in advance to anyone offended. anyone wanting an invite let me know.
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

No matter how long before submission deadline you get started, you will always end up submitting within just a few hours of the cutoff.
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

^truer words never spoken.

Comment

• sam_tem
                • Apr 2007

just getting my weekly rant about the economy and stupid crap out of the way, but this is awesome:

also read through that long article about how 15 million jobs were lost this past decade (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...on-jobs/70005/) and even without the last recession we were on pace for one of the worst decades on record for job growth despite population growth, and all this with less regulation and tax cuts. they make it pretty clear, but it's no secret that the "gains of globalization have been privatized". great if your some trust-fund prick with money in the market but so much for creating equal oppurtunity for all.

i mean what do you even say at this point, fuck you republicans and thanks for dicking over the poor people in texas with our new lack of a budget? seriously, the first things you cut in the middle of a recession is education (already the worst in the country), medicaid, and social safety net services? what does this lack of respect for the trials and tribulations of those at the bottom rungs of society say about all the bible-thumping bullshit? and i can talk from experience about this crappy state, i've tried to help my gf get on low-income services because there is a complex system at play that will never allow her to earn a living wage for her and her son with her education and shit ain't easy. i'm in the wrong industry, i need to move.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

"gogo" in flight internet is SLOOOOOOOOOOW.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Vanna
                    • May 2008

Been hired to paint a 20x20ft mural in Brooklyn, and if I play my cards right, maybe one in TriBeCa. I'm kind of overwhelmed.
                    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Peasant
                      • Jul 2009

Wow Vanna. That's pretty incredible. Where at, exactly?

600th post..fuck it.

Comment

• laughed
                        • Jul 2009

i wondered if i should declare my 500th post but i chose not to. maybe i'm doing it now...like it means something.

Comment

• Vanna
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                          Wow Vanna. That's pretty incredible. Where at, exactly?

600th post..fuck it.
                          Thanks Peasant. It'll be near the lorimer stop on the L train. On the side of a building. I've never done anything this large so it's a little unnerving.
                          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

Nice. My friends live near by. I'll take a look in the months to come. Good luck.

Laughed - You can get the date of your 500th post tattooed on your arm. Right underneath your Jets tat. Are you going to the SB? Or was that someone else?

Comment

• Grazzesto
                              • Mar 2010

Girl picked up my Guidi laceups from the cobbler on her way home from work, this is what I received.

Comment

• laughed
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                                Nice. My friends live near by. I'll take a look in the months to come. Good luck.

Laughed - You can get the date of your 500th post tattooed on your arm. Right underneath your Jets tat. Are you going to the SB? Or was that someone else?
                                yeah, i'm going....sadly.
                                was hoping for the jets but whatever. as long as it's a good game and the steelers lose i'll be fine. prob gonna go check out some of the pre-game espn stuff too.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎