Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

Yours could obviously be a different situation than mine but a physical therapist I went to gave me some excercises to build up the muscle around where the slippage occurs to 'hold it in place.' It seems to have worked since it's been a while since it happened but most of them were sports-related accidents and I haven't been seriously involved in one for about the same amount of time.
    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• maldoror
      • Jun 2007

thanks. and, yeah, I suppose that physical therapy would be the smart route to go.

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

Damn. Me three. Its really painful and I'm actually very sorry to hear that I'm not alone.
        Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• J_J
          • Apr 2008

woah, I didn't know this kind of injury was so popular... I fractured my clavicle near the shoulder while drunk but I had a lot going on in that period so I really couldn't go through the hassle of getting a bigass upper-body cast for weeks. I just put my arm in a sling so I wouldn't move it and it "healed", leaving a hard bump on my shoulder. It hurts when I'm stressed (tension in my shoulders) or carry heavy things. But yeah I'm asymmetrical, reppin high fashiunz 4lyfe
          Last edited by J_J; 04-03-2009, 09:59 AM. Reason: whoops spellingggg

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by J_J View Post
            But yeah I'm assymetrical, reppin high fashiunz 4lyfe
            classic
            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• maldoror
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by J_J View Post
              woah, I didn't know this kind of injury was so popular... I fractured my clavicle near the shoulder while drunk but I had a lot going on in that period so I really couldn't go through the hassle of getting a bigass upper-body cast for weeks. I just put my arm in a sling so I wouldn't move it and it "healed", leaving a hard bump on my shoulder. It hurts when I'm stressed (tension in my shoulders) or carry heavy things. But yeah I'm asymmetrical, reppin high fashiunz 4lyfe
              I know this feeling

Comment

• Jon
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                just realized it today but it's a sign of how some brands have gone from obscurity to semi-popularity when ebay's auto complete function in their search bar suggests Label Under Construction and Carol Christian Poell when you're typing them in.
                I think just it's a sign that SZ members spend too much time on ebay.
                Originally posted by merz
                perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Maldoror and others who have chronic problems with your anterior (presumably) shoulder dislocations, there is a method that's pretty smooth and simple that will get your shoulder back in place just about every time. To do right, you'd probably have to tell someone how to do it (but with time you can probably do it yourself).

It's a method that puts all of your glenohumeral joint muscles at equal tension and so your shoulder just pops back into place. Basically you have someone bring your arm that has a shoulder dislocation and slowly bring the back of the hand on the dislocated arm to your forehead as if you were to wipe sweat off of your brow. The name of the position is the Zero Position of Saha:

Ask your orthopedic surgeon/doctor about it next time. i've seen it done a couple of times and it's so much better of a technique than 3 people and a bunch of wrapped up blankets pulling like crazy.

Don't consider this official medical advice. Talk to your doc about it before you try any of this.

this may be the first time a pubmed article has been linked to on SZ
                  Last edited by Chinorlz; 04-03-2009, 02:52 PM. Reason: For clarity
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• maldoror
                    • Jun 2007

thanks A! I'll try to keep this in mind should it ever happen again. just wish there was an easier way to practice...

Comment

• coup de grace
                      x
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                      Maldoror and others who have chronic problems with your anterior (presumably) shoulder dislocations, there is a method that's pretty smooth and simple that will get your shoulder back in place just about every time. To do right, you'd probably have to tell someone how to do it (but with time you can probably do it yourself).

It's a method that puts all of your glenohumeral joint muscles at equal tension and so your shoulder just pops back into place. Basically you have someone bring your arm that has a shoulder dislocation and slowly bring the back of the hand on the dislocated arm to your forehead as if you were to wipe sweat off of your brow. The name of the position is the Zero Position of Saha:

Ask your orthopedic surgeon/doctor about it next time. i've seen it done a couple of times and it's so much better of a technique than 3 people and a bunch of wrapped up blankets pulling like crazy.

Don't consider this official medical advice. Talk to your doc about it before you try any of this.

this may be the first time a pubmed article has been linked to on SZ
                      this is way too complicated. obv the answer is to drink more whiskey. shoulder pains will disappear.

Comment

• Vanna
                        • May 2008

The woman in this new orange juice commercial was wearing Margiela shoes. She did the splits in them.
                        Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                          fuck. lost just delivered in fucking spades.

Word?
                          Gonna have to stream it in a couple of hours then hehehehe. Apparently some shit went down on House as well since Kal Penn got a job at the White House (I mean honestly.... that's a WTF hahahaha).

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

my (asian) friend and I spent an hour or so perusing the white supremacist website StormFront or whatever it's called last week. It's absolutely great for laughs. Threads where they talk about what is the best form of hand-to-hand combat and then some say how they love Krav Maga but hate where it comes from etc. etc. The contradictions, ignorance, hate and everything make it a hilarious read.

Best thread was on "how to tell your parents that you are a white supremacist"

Priceless!

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

^lost was finally good last night, yes.

and my back, balls and calves hurt from squeezing into drkshdw size 32. it's tough to be a fashionable woman.

Comment

• rogelro
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                                ^lost was finally good last night, yes.

and my back, balls and calves hurt from squeezing into drkshdw size 32. it's tough to be a fashionable woman.
                                sell the 32s to me then!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎