Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaxM
    • Sep 2009

Zam pretty much nailed it. Thanks for adding something to the useless Lakers/Celtics fight.

But Duncan??? I dunno, sure he's a great player, but i wouldn't say he is unquestionably the best since Mike...
    (I don't even know who i'd say is btw , but my love will always go to AI )

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by MaxM View Post
      Zam pretty much nailed it. Thanks for adding something to the useless Lakers/Celtics fight.

But Duncan??? I dunno, sure he's a great player, but i wouldn't say he is unquestionably the best since Mike...
      (I don't even know who i'd say is btw , but my love will always go to AI )
      Max,
      I loved watching Iverson play, and still believe he has alot of basketball leftin him. I heard he is intending to comeback next year, hopefully with a team where he can legitimately compete for a championship.he was very good, but had many several weaknesses to his game, i would say he is top seven or even six, but im biased towards forwards and Centers because I know a good center/ forward is far more important to the game than a guard.
      No team in the history of the game has ever won a championship without a top caliber forward/ center, championships can be won with serviceable guards if you great interior scoring and defense.

if you dont think Duncan is the best player since Jordan who do you suggest? by any legitmate criteria you come up with you will have to give it to him

1. Four championships
      2. Rookie of the month every month in his rookie year
      3. Rookie of the year
      4. Double digit scoring and rebounding every year he's been in the league
      5. Two time MVP
      6. Three time Finals MVP
      7. All star every year he's been in the league except for his Rookie year
      8. Holds the record at 13 all defensive team selections 9more than Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
      9. the greatest winning percentage of Any Player in Any major Sport in the US.
      10. Never Missed the Playoffs
      11. Only been knocked out of the first round once in his career

there are more accomplishments but i will spare you an overly long list..............ad even in the playing against the Lakers and Losing, his Numbers were always exceptional.

I dont think you can make an objective case for anyone being better if you look at what this man has accomplished..............playing in the West his entire career playing against players like Malone, Barkley, Olajawon, Sabonis (albeit and the end of their careers), then Webber, Garnett, Shaq etc..........
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• MaxM
        • Sep 2009

No i know AI isn't the best player since Mike, i just said that he was my idol as a baller, that's all.

Duncan is definitely in the top 3, i just don't want to give N.1 to him . He is just so not charismatic .

But i can't see who else should be N.1 .
        Edit: not because of the stats and championships etc, it's more what he brings to his team: Scoring, Rebounding, Defense and most of all his passing ability as a PF.
        That's why i can't name Shaq for N.1

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• laughed
          • Jul 2009

Glad i've always been a Kobe hater and a King James lover.....cause it's on now.

Comment

• kofi3159
            • Feb 2009

Predictions on which team Lebron will choose??

Comment

• laughed
              • Jul 2009

Hope he chooses - NY Knicks
              My second hope would be stay in Cleveland and somehow grab Chris Paul.
              My third hope would be go to New Jersey and in 5 years, instead of winning rings he is exposed as a Russian Assassin. He releases an album with Jay-Z about being part of the Russian Mafia. (that ain't gonna happen)

He will go to - Heat. With the Heat there is no doubt they will bring home at least a three-peat.

but then again, this thing has been so crazy..who knows.

Deep down I see him staying in Cleveland though that could be a career ender.

COME ON KNICKS!

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Damn!!!!!!!!!!
                Lebron to the Heat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• rudo
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                  Damn!!!!!!!!!!
                  Lebron to the Heat!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  At least this lame show is finally over. I mean making a show out of this is just too much. I thought he would be a better fit at bulls with more balance, but heat now has a super-team. will they win? I don't know.

Comment

• jamesd
                    • Sep 2008

How many times are they going to go back to LeBron? Oh well, the real winners in all this is the Boys and Girls Club of America

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by rudo View Post
                      At least this lame show is finally over. I mean making a show out of this is just too much. I thought he would be a better fit at bulls with more balance, but heat now has a super-team. will they win? I don't know.
                      Objectively I like the move,
                      Surely they will be winners for many years to come, barring injuries.
                      I would love to see LeBron playing the point on this team...........
                      it would have been good for him to come to NY though.......

Comment

• laughed
                        • Jul 2009

yeah, they'll win. three of your starters on the national team. i'll take it.
                        none of the talking heads are brave enough to state the obvious - they aren't just going to win the eastern conference. they're champs for years. this is insane. hope i can catch a playoff game live.

p.s. burning jerseys is weak.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Sweetest Drama would be for Shaq to return to Miami.........along with T-mac,
                          beat Kobe in the Finals and then retire.............

Comment

• laughed
                            • Jul 2009

i would love for that to happen.....never say never. im sure theres gonna be plenty of vets like that willing to play for cheap.
                            that would be AWESOME.
                            its funny to see all the lebron hating go around now though.
                            i mean for crying out loud - dont be mad that he finally has some guys around him to win a few rings. i hope riley coaches and yes, i hope bron bron runs point a la magic. that would be greatness.
                            Uhhhh...is the Dan Gilbert letter to fans real? There's NO WAY it is....if it is. What a freagin joke. Unbelievable and that guy is a major, MAJOR loser.

edit- its gotta be real.- espn is running it on its ticker - ...honestly. F Cleveland and F that guy. I hope he burns. UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE.... - talk about get a life......no wonder LeBron left.
                            This is like one of my exgirlfriends or something....talk about someone who cant deal with lebron leaving. GEEZ. loser.

keywords in the letter - Disloyalty, selfish, betrayal, deserted, cowardly, curse, shameful etc. I hope they get stomped in the ground next year. Hilarious

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
                            Majority Owner
                            Cleveland Cavaliers

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

i know it's not the playoffs but..

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Ive been meaning to start the new thread for this season, but been too busy

its nice to see someone from within the organization emerge as a (potentially good) contributor, rather than always searching for the next big name.......

the season so far for the Knicks have been a huge disappointment, but its still time........they are on a good streak now so lets see if it continues.

Go Spurs!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎