Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laughed
    • Jul 2009

To be honest it kills me to see kg keep taking those jumpshots....take it to the hole! post up! because he misses a lot of them. I liked seeing Rondo now getting a little mean - pushing ron artest last game. It seems like The Truth is probably one of the guys I would hate to play against, he is always talking trash and his game isn't about flash, just knockin' em down. It was funny when Kobe knocked him to the floor on a layup and tried to "do the right thing" and help him out, Paul wasn't having any of that and started talking trash hard to Kobe. Celtics won the last game because they just wanted it more. I'll give props to both Kobe and Fish, even though I hate them the most - but the rest of those guys just sometimes seem like they are playing in a daze or something when the celtics start taking over.
    I don't see ANY of that on one single player on the celtics. And Tony Allen is VICIOUS. Their brand of basketball is almost the exact opposite of Phil Jackson and the Lakers. Like I said, I just really really really hope the refs don't ruin this series and really hope Doris Burke doesn't pop up while I'm eating.

Comment

• laughed
      • Jul 2009

Well Lakers won. Thanks again to the point shaving. I'm now convinced that Tim Donaghy was right. The officials tonight were Joey Crawford - who in the Lakers game one win sent the Lakers to the line 54 times. The other two refs Dan Crawford and Scott Foster were both called out by Donaghy as being refs who shave points. Scott Foster was under investigation by the feds for his part in the betting scandal that went on with Tim and they found he spoke with him on the phone almost 150 times with him either before or after he made calls to his bookie. Stern just recently told SI that he wants to legalize NBA gambling. This league is rigged.
      The Celtics led the entire way until the 4th quarter when the refs bailed them out and started sending them to the line. Kobe Bryant shot 15 free throws and the entire Celtics team shot 17.
      A friend of mine who is a HUGE Lakers fan text me in the 4th and said, "The better team isn't going to win."
      Kobe Bryant? The "Greatest Player On The Planet", the "Greatest of All-time".
      6-24, 23 points, eleven of them being free throws.
      And, of course, finals MVP. Please.
      Again, the Celtics went to the line 17 times. the Lakers went 21 times in the 4th quarter alone. I'm done with this entertainment.

Comment

• metin
        • Dec 2008

Who would've thunk that Ron Artest would carry the Lakers for the majority of their Game 7 match? It's a crazy world.

Comment

• laughed
          • Jul 2009

As much as I'd love to hate Artest, he has such a strange game and probably played the best game-i like him. He was great when he played for Houston... His postgame interview was great, pretty buzzed. Considering he said that he used to drink hard alcohol during halftime games, he's probably gonna get slammed tonight. I can't believe all the beer they waste in post-game celebrations. That was a weird game.

Comment

• kofi3159
            • Feb 2009

The best team won and plz dont blame it on the refrees. I know it hurts to lose but you have to give credit when credit is due. Over 7 games, the lakers did a great job and deserves the title. Derek, Kobe, Gasol and Artest/Odom proved to be too much for the celtics at the end.

Comment

• laughed
              • Jul 2009

it was a great series, there is no way anyone can say the refs didn't call a different game for the lakers in the fourth than the first three quarters. gasol had an up and down that was right in front of joey crawford. lakers shooting free throws very early in the fourth when they couldn't buy a bucket. well, somebody bought them some buckets. typical of the nba, expected by many.
              Not just me, there are plenty of people who feel the same way. This isn't new to the NBA.

Scott Foster has pretty much been proven to be a point shaver

Fox News’ crime coverage keeps you informed with up-to-the-second news about notorious criminals, brave law enforcement officers and their beats, local crimes with national implications, and the most intriguing court cases.

Why is he still employed by the NBA?
              Because this is a Kobe league. Commercials dedicated to him, Kobe Legacy talk during halftime - every one of the commentators talking about Kobe and how great he is - they need him to save this league - etc. Please. The MVP? Really? He wasn't the best player in any of the games. But theyve made it his league - The National Bryant Association.
              It's game 7 on his home court and he couldn't buy a basket. 23 points, 11 of them being free throws......really? come on. If anything Gasol should have gotten MVP, but this is the Bryant Association.

Boston was leading 57-53 in the fourth. Then the foul calls starting flying in. Give me a break. The Fakers shot 32 percent and would have easily lost this game had it not been for the fouls called in the fourth- more foul shots than the celtics had the ENTIRE GAME!
              How many of the Faker points in the fourth weren't free throws? This was the poorest shooting performance (field goal percentage) by any team, in a finals game, that went on to win the game- EVER.
              It's to the point where I want to make a film exposing this rigged league and these b.s. titles that are given to the Fakers.

I lived in L.A. for years and consider it my home, I should be rooting for them for crying out loud. If it is a team I don't want to win, if they win fair and square - so be it - but the Fakers don't. After the game at no point did I look at them and think - Now that's a champion. Celtics were robbed. I'm not even a big Celtics fan. I just want to watch the best team win. They didn't. This doesn't hurt to lose because I don't have a horse in te race. It's just sad to see this happen to the league.

If I get anything out of this, it's just more proof that Kobe is nowhere near Jordan's level no matter how many times i have to hear some blowhard paid by the networks telling me that he is.

edit - and what's up with rioting. i never got that.
              Last edited by laughed; 06-18-2010, 05:08 AM.

Comment

• MaxM
                • Sep 2009

Laughed, stop posting crap like that. If you don't know shit about sthg you just stay silent...

Edit: And i wasn't talking bout the Kobe part

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• kofi3159
                  • Feb 2009

Oh God, Laughed.. I know you hate the Lakers.. But this is too much..
                  I know its painful 4 you to accept the defeat.. Writing an essay on pointshaving and posting links and stuff is getting too weird.. But I will give you this though- You are officially the NO. 1 kobe hater in my book..

Comment

• kbi
                    • Feb 2009

lol :)

For me it was kobe's performance on game 5 in boston... Somehow after that I knew that the Lakers were gonna jumb back and grab the victory..

And honestly boston just didn't have KG standing up to his leader position in game 6 imo

:/ I'm not a fan of either team but thought I might aswell for once actually post a thought in this thread.

Comment

• Macro
                      • Apr 2008

I think we can all agree that the calls in game 7 went towards the Lakers, that Boston had no rebound skillz, and NOBODY had shots.

basketball used to be more about skill, now its about tactical fouling.
                      every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Macro View Post
                        I think we can all agree that the calls in game 7 went towards the Lakers, that Boston had no rebound skillz, and NOBODY had shots.

basketball used to be more about skill, now its about tactical fouling.
                        yes the calls went toward the Lakers and that's not surprising, but Boston was right there, a game seven decided by four points for the home team isn't surprizing.
                        I wanted Boston to win, but i think this was a series with two teams that matched each other punch for punch that could've easily gone either way, the only reason thwe lakers won last night is that someone had to win and it so happened to be them..............not necessarily because they are decidedly better

It just pains me that the Celtic team next year could be radically different from it is now, I still believe that with just a few minimal adjustments this team could content for two more years......

On a side note..............how are you D?
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• laughed
                          • Jul 2009

its funny how i post facts i faker fans say "you don't know shi". wow.
                          i dont expect you faker fans and kobe jockers to agree with the facts.
                          but i certainly don't hear anyone talking about how great kobe is anymore.
                          hehe.
                          this is nothing new kids. same sorry ref who gave the game to the lakers last night.
                          isn't this the LAKERS? you're right coffee-this is gettin weird! it's beeenn weird.
                          and kobe hating really? Did he deserve the MVP? Was Gasol NOT the true MVP?
                          Last edited by laughed; 06-18-2010, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• MaxM
                            • Sep 2009

Kobe won the MVP title because he was the most consistent player on his team, even if he was not THAAAT great.
                            With your logic you could also say it should be Ron because he was the best in Game 7.

Anyway, using stats to say Kobe was bad just makes no sense. The whole finals and especially Game 7 were very physical and not offensive at all. Neither team allowed easy shots (as Kobe said in his interview).

As for the video, Barry could have gotten the call if he had played it smarter and wasn't such a pussy.
                            Actually, the whole ref talk is ridiculous, that's just the game. In Boston the calls were for the Celtics, in LA for the Lakers.

One last thing: I am not a Lakers fan, nor a Kobe fan. I just recognize his greatness as a player.

Comment

• MaxM
                              • Sep 2009

And it is not your posting of facts that made me say that "you don't know shit", it's your whole attitude.
                              You just come across as someone who doesn't understand anything about the game...

Prove me wrong

Comment

• laughed
                                • Jul 2009

how do i come across as someone who doesn't know the game? lol i'm teaching you about this game son. Kobe said it himself - he couldn't have won this one or the last one without Pau. Pau had to go clean up all that trash Kobe was throwing up there all series. Don't put words in my mouth with that "with your logic ron should have won" crap. let me teach you about this game. So that wasn't a foul on fish? So now it's Barry's fault because he's a "pussy"? Get that crap outta here - WHAM! Gone!

I SAID TAKE THAT BULLCRAP TALK OUTTA HERE! WHAM!!!!

using stats to say Kobe was bad makes no sense?
                                LOLLLL INDEED!
                                nuff said.

give me a break man....please...this isn't new to me..
                                this is elementary nba basketball discussion now...
                                Last edited by laughed; 06-18-2010, 03:12 PM. Reason: punching pathetic comments outta here!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎