X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

i'm assuming the sleeves on the suit jacket are really long? if so are you going to have yours tailored? i still am on the fence about tailoring my jacket b/c i feel like it'll be really hard to do.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Diego
      • Aug 2007

The lenght of the sleeves is perfect, the only thing is that they are very slim so it's tricky to put on with a shirt, but once its on, it's all good. Normally I'm not afraid to send stuff to the tailor (he is very good) but wouldn't send pieces that were made with special techniques (taped, invisible, whatever). I'm sending the rain pants I got from Bellapietra, these are not the slim version I wanted, so I'll give him the jointed pants from my suit and tell him to do them exactly the same.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

[quote user="Diego"]So I received the jointed black suit I got from em last night. Will post fit / detail pics later when I get back from work, but I can tell you the joints do fall naturally on the joints. The thing that surprise me the most is the weight of the whole suit... the jacket weights almost the same as the paper black shirt!!!, same goes for pants. Very nice piece, the cut as always with ccp is great.[/quote]

That sounds so awesome Diego. Can't wait to see fit pics. I have to say there's almost nothing quite as fun as doing what I call "targeted strikes" on CCP pieces all over the world.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Diego
          • Aug 2007

I agree AKA, 90% of my shopping list involves pieces by CCP from past collections, it feels great when you find them, just as good but totally different experience from buying what comes out every season,

edit- I wrote: joints fall naturally on the joints?, shit... I need some coffee

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

[quote user="Diego"]

I agree AKA, 90% of my shopping list involves pieces by CCP from past collections, it feels great when you find them, just as good but totally different experience from buying what comes out every season,

[/quote]

or a joint?

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

targeted strikes

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]

[quote user="Diego"]So I received the jointed black suit I got from em last night. Will post fit / detail pics later when I get back from work, but I can tell you the joints do fall naturally on the joints. The thing that surprise me the most is the weight of the whole suit... the jacket weights almost the same as the paper black shirt!!!, same goes for pants. Very nice piece, the cut as always with ccp is great.[/quote]

That sounds so awesome Diego. Can't wait to see fit pics. I have to say there's almost nothing quite as fun as doing what I call "targeted strikes" on CCP pieces all over the world.

[/quote]

sometimes, aka, i get a small tingle all over my joints when i read whats inside your quotes

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="Diego"]

[/quote]

or a joint?

[/quote]

didn't you read this [83]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

yeah of course. i'm trying to up my efforts. i got stoned at 6am. then i showered. then went back to sleep. then woke up. then got high. 10:30am. went out got some coffee, came back, here now, rolling up a phat spliff for you kira, its 11:30. gotta go work for a couple of hours, scheduled smoking times are 3:30 and then nap, and 6:30 and then 8:30, 8:40, 8:50, 9:20, 9:50, 10:10, 10:40, 11:22, out. you see i gotta make up for lost time, i'm almost brain dead.

Comment

• Diego
                    • Aug 2007

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="Diego"]

[/quote]

or a joint?

[/quote]

Ok nod, you discovered my secret. Maybe more than one, but not before 8:00pm

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

[quote user="Diego"][quote user="philip nod"][quote user="Diego"]

[/quote]

or a joint?

[/quote]

Ok nod, you discovered my secret. Ok, maybe more than one, OR BEFORE TRYING ON TARGETED STRIKES but not before 8:00pm

[/quote]

cant form sentences, locked in trance....lol...thats like my brother in SF w his cannabis club card he got for having an anxiety attack when he was 12.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

my friend in sf got a cannabis club card after breaking his collarbone. he needed it to help him with the "pain," after it had healed.

Comment

• soultek
                          • Feb 2007

[quote user="Faust"]that belt is awesome - if i was a baller, i'd get it. not crazy about perforated anything else. perforated gloves especially defy practicality. i don't think it looks that goo either.
                          [/quote]

I think the perforations this season are pretty cool. I have long since ditched my connection with practicality and Poell's clothes. If they happen to be practical, then great. I particularly keep thinking about the square tiled bathroom that he was reported to have presented the collection in. I think it's kind of a pure visceral realized idea--not necessarily coupled to a practical effect experienced by the wearer. To me the brilliance of it is that it is incorporated into at least one of each type of piece for the season. It is to me a prime example of how I understand Poell: as an artist / designer.

I could be way off base, as you all have been fans for much longer than I.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

no, you are on the money there. the bathroom pictures are somewhere in this thread.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Diego
                              • Aug 2007

redacted

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

i think they mean the bathroom that the s/s08 collection was shown in

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎