Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stretcheroo
    • Nov 2009

^ I agree -- I tend to think that this forum draws people who are passionate about the clothes, but for a large number of people, it is as simple as an alternative style or preference.

Comment

• jcotteri
      • Jun 2008

I don't think there is any sort of issue with the "side boob" arm hole, this is really nothing compared to what some other designers have done.. Lets not forget how *revealing and "sexual" some of the other designers cut their clothes. Also it's really nothing compared to what I see women wearing anyway, well at least here and I'm sure everywhere else as well.

*not saying Carol is trying to be revealing or sexual at all
      WTB: This

Comment

• delphine
        • Sep 2009

Poell makes some beautiful stuff. I even have a couple. But he's not "God" as some people have actually written here. He makes mistakes, he's poor in some areas. As others have articulated his women's is mediocre at best. Croatoan is right about some women prefering alternative cuts, I am one. Nevertheless, I find Poell's women's line a bit lazy. Men's is where his magic is, IMO.

edit: Maybe "lazy" is a bit presumptuous. He may very well be working hard on it. I just find it a bit underdeveloped.

Comment

• stretcheroo
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by merz
          he doesn't have a women's line though, all of his work comes across being unisex..
          So which one of the men on here will be the first to sport the red dress?

Comment

• humancrack
            • Feb 2008

i have already spent the remaining ammount of my bonus on it

waywt tmrw

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by jevna View Post
              From what I've heard, these kind of imperfetions are a common feature of Guidi leathers. I dont think the imperfection seen in the pic is something Carol thought of or that he did it on purpose. The wrinkle probably just happened to be there.
              OMG, what a lazy interpretation ! (no more flat for you during the FW ), and wrong in addition : ask any stylist, and he'll say that of course he uses imprefections or special features of the fabrics in his design, and don't use it at an insignifiant place or in an insignifiant way : it's on the collar of the dress, where the asymetrical cut is the most obvious, and most important, on the right side of it, pointing to the oversized armhole.

Originally posted by duncan_
              well, the shirt is obviously cut like a mens shirt, which is complete flat front panel without two diamond darts below the breast that usually seen on most womens shirt.And the chest width is cut very narrow and straight hence pressing her breast making it looks awkward. So, perhaps CCP prefer flat chested women?
              A quick discussion via Skype with Saint Peter makes me think that CCP (aka God) would prefer, on the contrary, large breasted women to squeeze their chest.

Originally posted by delphine View Post
              Poell makes some beautiful stuff. I even have a couple. But he's not "God" as some people have actually written here. He makes mistakes, he's poor in some areas. As others have articulated his women's is mediocre at best. Croatoan is right about some women prefering alternative cuts, I am one. Nevertheless, I find Poell's women's line a bit lazy. Men's is where his magic is, IMO.

edit: Maybe "lazy" is a bit presumptuous. He may very well be working hard on it. I just find it a bit underdeveloped.
              Could you develop ? And would you as well tell us which pieces you own, if it's not indiscrete.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by humancrack View Post
                i have already spent the remaining ammount of my bonus on it

waywt tmrw
                can't wait to take a gander at that humancrack
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Alesha
                  • Apr 2009

This gets better and better!

Female ccp = mental masturbation holy Grail of sz.

I'm Loving it...
                  Originally posted by interest1
                  I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Alesha View Post
                    This gets better and better!

Female ccp = mental masturbation holy Grail of sz.

I'm Loving it...
                    Unfortunately, alternative is following :
                    ejaculating $$$ in CCP carrying stores vs mental masturbation on CCP pics

Comment

• BSR
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                      where2kopccpfemales?
                      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Nothing very original (ejaculated too much, my intellectual power starts to be kind of week now), but the dress reminds me the pic of the disfigured model's face :

A part of CCP's work is about playing with the symetry, not to disturb it gently (and in fact, emphasizing it), like Ann or Damir do, but to kill it. Not always of course : something he builts a subtle asymetry, almost unnoticeable, but perturbating nevertheless (like on one of the previous season's blazer), sometimes a "weird" asymetry, wich is anatomically speaking meaningless.

I'd say that the dress is in between.

Last edited by Chant; 01-12-2010, 05:31 AM.

Comment

• Alesha
                          • Apr 2009

I think $$$ ejaculation is not an alternative, but rather endspiel of mental fashion masturbation.

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Alesha View Post
                            I think $$$ ejaculation is not an alternative, but rather endspiel of mental fashion masturbation.
                            Hum... Masturbation as a preliminary to sexual intercourse between wearer and shop : next level Chronenberg/CCP kamasutra.

Comment

• Alesha
                              • Apr 2009

Shop is the most efficient and sophisticated way to have sex with yourself. If we look at hierarchy of needs - sex (physicly) is the primal need, you can self express by various deviated means, but it cannot reach higher needs, therefore people will have sex to make $$$ to shop and than have mental orgasms if they kop right stuff, having mental orgasms everytime you glance in the mirror is the higher need. Only a truly enlighted human being can pierce the boundaries of illusional world by delusional perversion of a creepy illusion.

Comment

• jevna
                                • Aug 2007

OMG, what a lazy interpretation ! (no more flat for you during the FW ), and wrong in addition : ask any stylist, and he'll say that of course he uses imprefections or special features of the fabrics in his design, and don't use it at an insignifiant place or in an insignifiant way : it's on the collar of the dress, where the asymetrical cut is the most obvious, and most important, on the right side of it, pointing to the oversized armhole.
                                I understand, he managed to find the right location for the right imperfection. I probably misunderstood somebody's post claiming the imperfection was something intentionally made, as if it was artificially done (cut in the leather), and I found it forced.
                                Last edited by jevna; 07-28-2010, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎