X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

I'm all for imperfection in design (and a good theory of gradual decay increasing the aesthetic quality of a piece) as long as the designer doesn't cling to it in an effort to justify design flaws.

I'm not suggesting that's what Poell does but it's easy to see how a designer could rationalize any shortcoming by saying it adds interest and character to a piece.

I can see that becoming an issue for lesser-skilled tailors and designers. Like the little disclaimer tag you get on some garments which claim, "All inconsistencies and damage were purposefully created to add interest to the garment and should not be considered a flaw."

"Any flaw in the fit or symmetry of this garment should be considered stylish and subtle character added by the designer in the design process."

I see the appeal... I actually like the idea of subtle flaws as long as the piece still fits the body well.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ you can thank margiela for that tag. And in his case it was obviously intentional.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stretcheroo
        • Nov 2009

From the Earnest Sewn website:

"Earnest Sewn, by definition, is a denim brand which pays homage to its Americana past and mixes, for perhaps the first time, traditional denim workwear with the ancient Japanese style aesthetic, Wabi-Sabi....

Focusing on each individual jean and the numerous amounts of processing, hand application, and refinishing techniques used to create an Earnest Sewn jean, we take things even further by intentionally incorporating imperfection and inconsistency into key design and sewing details. This is exhibited in irregularities such as stitch detailing, needlework, sewing construction, trims, thread variation, and our ever changing ‘e & s’ back pocket stitching.

Although several themes are referenced throughout the collection, the most significant reference is in Earnest Sewn’s adoption of the Japanese aesthetic system of traditional beauty, Wabi-Sabi. At its core, Wabi-Sabi is the beauty of all things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete. The idea that perfection can be found in the imperfect is not a new thought, in fact it’s thousands of years old, but when combined with distinctly American products such as jeans, workwear, and sportswear, the result is fresh and unexpected...."

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

YES @ C's pic of the askew blazer on the last page...that is a great and fresh interpretation of asymmetry - kudos for pulling it off.
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Wax
            • Sep 2009

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what exactly is the no seam thing from CCP?
            Is it glued or some kind of fused? I see it appears on boots and shirts etc.

I remember seeing a closeup of a shirt that was said to be no seam but if I remember correctly one was able to see some kind of fuse line?

Comment

• fenrost
              Banned
              • Mar 2009

it's not glued, maybe fused.

the knits/shirts.. they seem to be made in a loop, or something. i guess it will be incredibly hard to tailor them.
              Last edited by fenrost; 01-12-2010, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

I guess "no seam" can refer to a variety of things, some knitwear is knit all the way around so that there are no sewn seams. In boots, the current season for example has a pair of boots where a majority of the boot is made of a single piece of leather that is molded to its shape. There are no seams where you'd see them in a traditional style boot.

Additionally, he uses a variety of techniques for seams instead of regularly sewn ones, such as glueing, taping, chain stitching, or the invisi seam which is made with a somewhat translucent line.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Goldsmith
                  • Dec 2007

CCP Fe male

I love the droopy crotch pants with the crooked ass, don't care how I would look I would wear them..... Now whats the fit like, looks pretty slim even for droopy.. Has any one tried on the fe male. I will be sending away no shop in my area carries women... So I am wondering on the size?????

Comment

• minomni
                    • Oct 2006

received recently the cordovan / cow derby from the current collection; someone requested photos so here they are. these are much stiffer than the calf version [available at darklands] and have the metal beam detail at the sole.

Comment

• Konzern
                      • Oct 2008

very nice, congrats

Comment

• BeauIXI
                        • Nov 2008

Man. Excellent shoe. I adore that irregular stacked leather.
                        Originally posted by philip nod
                        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• fenrost
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2009

i wear them almost everyday when i got the chance, they are more amazing in person imo.. also i am very lucky to get a 1 out of 11.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by minomni View Post
                            received recently the cordovan / cow derby from the current collection; someone requested photos so here they are. these are much stiffer than the calf version [available at darklands] and have the metal beam detail at the sole.
                            where did you pick them up?

Comment

• minomni
                              • Oct 2006

picked them up from a friend in japan actually; originally from kakegawa?

Comment

• furnituredways
                                • Dec 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍