X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • todestrieb
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by rider View Post
    edited: looking back at the pictures i see that if he "contains" he also "releases" elsewhere.
    Those lavatory shots are starting to make sense. Bring on the dunnies.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by tricotineacetat View Post
      I do, and I also think that the majority of the pieces lack an idea of gracefulness and feminine allure that even designers like Yohji, in times when he puts oversized, mannish outfits on a woman, possess... Maybe it's the fabrics that he works that give it the same impression than his menswear, but I feel he is working on the women's as exactly the same thought process than his menswear.

Call me old-fashioned, but I like to see womenswear that actually supports an idea of elegance and feeling womanly in the clothes - There are pieces like the white leather jacket that are nice, yes, but all in all, it really just looks like sized-down menswear, without any sensuality...
      you, sir, are a misogynist.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

agreed with rider there, most of this is just ill-executed. and i think we do way too much intellectual masturbation over poell's clothes. i wonder if the man laughs reading this.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

Snafsta,i gotta disagree on the white shirt dress mess! It looks fcking shit,not even remotely nice ,even in carols distorted view of womenswear.
          It reminds me of a project done back at uni. White shirt creative cut project. If this was presented it would have got an instant fail.
          No amount romanticised writing of how it wraps around the body blah blah blah can sell this one mate.
          The cape is coolio pukka,and most boots look amazing when they are teeny tiny ladies sizes.
          I dont think the olsen thought her choice. was "intelligent" when she bought/was given the boots.
          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            agreed with rider there, most of this is just ill-executed. and i think we do way too much intellectual masturbation over poell's clothes. i wonder if the man laughs reading this.
            excuse the double post....but ive often wondered if ccp is a big hoax.
            A group exploiting peoples demand for exclusive consumer goods.
            In the process making the pieces as painful and uncomfortable to wear,and watching in delight as people think that broken seams are part of the beauty of the product.

Then sitting back reading various forums and pissing themselves laughing in the process.
            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• merkuri
              • Sep 2009

haha. i was just thinking this. it is entirely possible.

it's like balmain but trades lack of comfort for lack of taste.

Comment

• kbi
                • Feb 2009

honestly I just have the feeling carol has no idea what he's doing with the women's line, which is probably also a reason why the best piece is the leather (which is a men's piece just sold in women's sizes)...

but of course there's always the price tag that makes it special, right?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

I dunno... maybe this unisex leather beret from Carol will change your mind kbi ;)

I have to agree with Faust et al in regards to the womenswear. most of it is bad... really bad. It certainly carries through the ideas that he utilized for the menswear for this year but the translation to the female form just doesn't come through. Like KBI said, the best piece is the leather jacket which has already been heralded starting back when the collection first leaked.

There are definitely interesting ideas present and you can see the experimentation that is going on and the attempt to think outside of the proverbial box. The dress-shirt-with-shorts idea is clever but essentially nonfunctional; at least not in a way that augments it from a regular dress shirt. The skirts may use some of the taping but have no contouring/body-minded construction to them.

We can certainly all agree that Carol designs with some level of disregard for the comfort of the wearer as others have mentioned and that in part is some of the allure to his work. Top notch materials, cut severely and constructed with great detail is what he's all about. I love his work, respect his work and wear his work but at the end of the day, I'm happy to take the stuff off and put on an old tee and sweatpants when I get home.

In a sense, Carol has reached quite the pinnacle of artistry. How many other designers (like artists) out there can put out something that is a total and utter fail yet someone will shell out the tremendous bucks to buy? Or someone will be happy to watch the piece fall apart/break/rip and through personal interpretation, decide that the designer (artist) wanted it that way and is a genius for doing so.

Like others, just trying to put it into perspective. Carol is 85% hits, 15% misses (for mens) which is much better than many other folks out there, but a fail is a fail no matter how many times you overlock/dye/coat in blood/tape it.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bestial
                    • Jun 2008

there's a new red dress up at lazzari

Comment

• diamonds
                      • Dec 2006

pretty inventive darting.

Comment

• jcotteri
                        • Jun 2008

elk leather always looks so good when dyed red
                        WTB: This

Comment

• droogist
                          • Sep 2006

That's great, because I've always wanted a bright red leather dress with one huge armhole that lets everyone see my entire boob from the side.

That doesn't qualify as a dart, by the way - it's a wrinkle.

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by droogist View Post
                            That's great, because I've always wanted a bright red leather dress with one huge armhole that lets everyone see my entire boob from the side.

But CCP, in all His Greatness, has already anticipated the remedy : the red is so bright that it will blind anyone coming too close to see what should not be seen. And its brightness is precisely calculated that it will keep all the lurkers at the precise distance from where it is absoultely impossible to see anything in detail.
                            But if you dye the dress black, then you could be in trouble, of course.

But since CCP is CCP, means a doublebinding pervert, he created nevertheless this small detail, the dart/wrinkle, which is like a lure made to catch the eye and the curiosity of the true CCP belover and to incite him to move closer - at his own risk.
                            Last edited by Chant; 01-10-2010, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• diamonds
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by droogist View Post

That doesn't qualify as a dart, by the way - it's a wrinkle.
                              looks like a tear, not a wrinkle. an intentional tear.

but still

epic side-boob.

Comment

• jj.still
                                • Dec 2006

It appears that Carol is pure mysogynist...not Faust.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎