• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BSR
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post

a member here had the fiberglass coat, I think we had pictures somewhere
    people here can't have forgotten ohwehmir!
    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• rafferty
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by BSR View Post
      people here can't have forgotten ohwehmir!
      one of my personal favourite WAYWT contributors

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

We haven't and the pictures been up (think it's even in this thread if you backtrack a little). At least the showroom pictures shown above.

Darklands sold one - they might have a picture of it left on their site.

I'm pretty sure ohwehmir talked about that the piece came with instructions that it was not to be worn at all. The conclusion was the hilarious pediatric burnward rampage.

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

Not sure where the full image went, but here's a close-up of the fabric from 09. Technically it looks wearable, but to what degree?

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

seems like it might have a fabric lining, which would help a bit in terms of wearability. but if it is proper fiberglass, the sharp fibers would probably penetrate a thin lining and irritate the hell out of your skin. I haven't handled the coat in person so not sure, but having worked with fiberglass I can say its a pretty dreadful material.

Shall we file the motivation for this piece under masochism, the concept of unwearability or the desire to use unconventional materials?
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• StrAngeRy
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by bestial View Post

Darklands sold one - they might have a picture of it left on their site.
              yap, I remember Darklands had one in sz 46.

Comment

• StrAngeRy
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by rafferty View Post

Amazing only if worn with matching boots, gloves and no trousers.

hahaha

2007 overlock, amazing colour to look at tho.

Comment

• Peasant
                  • Jul 2009

Shall we file the motivation for this piece under masochism, the concept of unwearability or the desire to use unconventional materials?
                  Imagine the actual construction of it. They must have been wearing thick rubber gloves and goggles.

Comment

• Personally I think he just made it to see if some idiot still would buy it slowly killing the person who wears it. A lining isn't the problem. It's inhalation of the glass dust that will make your lungs bleed.

Comment

• Peasant
                      • Jul 2009

I doubt he puts this much time into creating something solely to see if an idiot will buy it. But yeah.. not genuinely created to be worn.

fabric code: MENTHOL

Comment

• Darklands
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2008

fibreglas coat

Originally posted by StrAngeRy View Post
                        yap, I remember Darklands had one in sz 46.
                        yes we bought one for a window piece (back when we had windows) knowing that in all likelihood a collector would buy it.

but we sold it before it even arrived. then after people saw images of it, had three other requests for it, which CCP could not produce. as far as i know there is one in the world.

don't have photos though. maybe the buyer will comply . . .

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                          I doubt he puts this much time into creating something solely to see if an idiot will buy it. But yeah.. not genuinely created to be worn.

fabric code: MENTAL
                          Fixed.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• neonrider
                            • Jan 2008

"... some of you may know what im talking about and some of you wont.. theres one piece for 2010 that you could call a "dark horse".. i'd be interested to discuss so please PM me if you feel you could bring some knowledge to the table.. I can say i've seen it and its IN"

fibreglass coat was greatness. this, on the other hand...
                            ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

I have no idea what you're talking about.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                                • Oct 2009

I have no idea what you're talking about.
                                A completey black object dyed horse at the showroom presentation would be my guess!
                                "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎