X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gavagai
    • May 2010

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
    i've always wanted to ask how it actualy feels to walk around in the dip sneakers. i imagine they would be pretty much as uncomfortable as a pair of shoes can get? i mean, how can you even stand straight withougt losing balance if the soles have down-pointing spikes each in completley different size/lengh? doesnt it feel kinda like constantly walking around with small rocks in your shoes? or do they actually follow some kind of pattern that forms a "flat surface"? please shed some light on this lost soul! the look is killer but they just dont seem that ergonomical.
    I've never seen them completely worn down. I always was under the impression that people don't actually wear them - people just hung these up in the apartments like you would any other beautiful piece of artwork. I think this may be why the "soleless" versions were made.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Last time PNids and I hung out he was wearing the hell outta them. Haven't heard from anyone complaining about them not being comfortable. If anything, people say they're some of the most comfortable CCP footwear out there.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
        Last time PNids and I hung out he was wearing the hell outta them. Haven't heard from anyone complaining about them not being comfortable. If anything, people say they're some of the most comfortable CCP footwear out there.
        Lowrey was wearing his alot when we were in Paris and they seemed fine, one of the few designer sneakers i would wear................I want one, but certainly not at the retail price
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• eton97
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
          i've always wanted to ask how it actualy feels to walk around in the dip sneakers. i imagine they would be pretty much as uncomfortable as a pair of shoes can get? i mean, how can you even stand straight withougt losing balance if the soles have down-pointing spikes each in completley different size/lengh? doesnt it feel kinda like constantly walking around with small rocks in your shoes? or do they actually follow some kind of pattern that forms a "flat surface"? please shed some light on this lost soul! the look is killer but they just dont seem that ergonomical.
          The actual 'drips' are very flexible and quite soft/springy, so they completely bend and wear down based on the owners weight and gait, where as the main 'body' of the latex sole is as durable and hard wearing as a standard sneakers rubber sole - when this eventually wears down (which i have yet to see on anybodys ccp dipped) you then have a proper leather sole that can be vibramed etc.

It actually feels like you are walking on soft cushions, and i have to say they are one of the most comfortable sneakers (but i should really say 'boot' as the construction/build is as sturdy and probably even more complex than a boot) that i own....

I spent a long time getting advice from friends here, and mulling over all the questions raised about longevity, comfort, construction, sizing , leather, style over substance, etc etc and after finally buckling and kopping the black kangaroo dipped, i can say that all my concerns were unfounded......

currently finding it hard to put anything else on my feet........

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
          I always was under the impression that people don't actually wear them - people just hung these up in the apartments like you would any other beautiful piece of artwork.
          really?

you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• orphée
            • Apr 2008

^^ agreed. In fact, I found them so sneaker-like (bouncy, soft) that I resold them immediately.

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
              C, I think it is only object dyed as it is quite uniform in construction and final product. The object tanning process is a bit unpredictable and this piece is very sharply constructed and all the seams are clean. I could be wrong but it looks just OD.

Some good shit!
              oh yeah? well maybe he has just practiced the object tanning process to the point that the pieces no longer come out all wonky. thats what took him so long to produce the collection?

just kidding man. even though i deleted most of your post in the quote to save space, i love posts like that where i learn something new. thanks A! now i know how he gets the leather to look that way. and that its not sorcery.
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
                I've never seen them completely worn down. I always was under the impression that people don't actually wear them - people just hung these up in the apartments like you would any other beautiful piece of artwork. I think this may be why the "soleless" versions were made.
                thats a pretty inane thing to assume just because you haven't seen worn ones. most people don't post pictures of used shoes online just for the fun of it, so a majority of pictures are of brand new ones.

seenmy has worn the hell out of his, infact enough that he was able to peel all of the coating off. eton has worn his plenty, I lived 3 weeks in mine when I was travelling.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                  • Mar 2007

Would love to see pics of the sneaks with the coating all peeled off...

Comment

• diorowen
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by eton97 View Post

when this eventually wears down (which i have yet to see on anybodys ccp dipped) you then have a proper leather sole that can be vibramed etc.
                    how about the "sole-less" version?
                    still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

just a slab of ccps cryogenically frozen cum
                      can be vibramed with enough lead in time
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• MWNN
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2011

sorry guys,
                        anyone have a photo of Reflective coat from 2011 collection ? when it flashes on =)
                        cause i found only very small photo on SZ where the Jeans shown from left and coat to the right.
                        if smn have a photo of jeans will be very appreciated.

Maybe i searched little ? but i checked all pages from 340 till now.

thanks for help

Comment

• eton97
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by diorowen View Post
                          how about the "sole-less" version?
                          ummm.....not sure about those - christian owns a pair, so he's probably the expert....not sure how 'soleless' they are in reality.......
                          you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

who needs soles? poell defies gravity.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
                              • Aug 2008

in SZ world, poell is chuck norris
                              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• gavagai
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                thats a pretty inane thing to assume just because you haven't seen worn ones. most people don't post pictures of used shoes online just for the fun of it, so a majority of pictures are of brand new ones.

seenmy has worn the hell out of his, infact enough that he was able to peel all of the coating off. eton has worn his plenty, I lived 3 weeks in mine when I was travelling.
                                Hello there, I guess I forgot to push the sarcasm button. Anyways, I was kidding and whether worn or on the wall those "sneakers" are a beautiful thing...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎