Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bestial
    • Jun 2008

you don't own a tornado, a tornado owns you!

Comment

• gt2-josh
      • Sep 2008

a man can't have too many tornados. but for the record i've owned five pairs. one went back to the stockist. two went to other SZ members. and i still own two pairs of 09s; one grey kangaroo and one black cordovan. and i love them!

i like the 06 version the best but they were too big for me.

josh

PS couldn't have said it better than bestial!

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by gt2-josh View Post
        I agree with A and A and swami. The very latest delivery of the 09 seamed Tornados have the slimmest shaft of any Tornados. I've owned several pairs of 09 Tornados (seamed and seamless) and a pair of 06 Tornados and the late delivery reissues from Atelier and Lazzari are as slim as it gets. I also have a pair of Kangaroo 09 Tornados and the leather is very soft so you get an extra degree of flexibility when applied against the pressure from the hem of your trousers.

josh
        a man can't have too many tornados. but for the record i've owned five pairs. one went back to the stockist. two went to other SZ members. and i still own two pairs of 09s; one grey kangaroo and one black cordovan. and i love them!

i liked the 06 version the best but they were too big for me.

josh

PS couldn't have said it better than bestial!

LOL

well some Dude emailed me last night and made a deal to sell me one today.
        I agreed to meet him here in NYC, and suddenly he seems to have backed out on the deal.
        but i am in the market for one..............I want to be owned.........LOL
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

sissy p boots ain't gonna work with 15-16cm hems Q.

Comment

• miserableman
            • Dec 2009

I have the latest 2009 reissues and the leg opening is actually quite small, I can get a 6.75" hem over them no problem and they're size 11. Outer diameter of the leg opening is 12.5".

Comment

• JetLag
              • Jul 2008

confirmation

Originally posted by danman
              If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

no cameras or camera phones allowed on premises fo sho'

btw anyone handled this piece in person? leather looks amazing to me

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

its very nice, felt similar to the 09 highneck leather from what I recall. cut is obviously similar as well, sans gloves.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• gavagai
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                    no cameras or camera phones allowed on premises fo sho'

btw anyone handled this piece in person? leather looks amazing to me

DO NOT REPOST IMAGES ON THE SAME PAGE
                    I must say this looks exquisite. This might be my favorite "grey" leather i've seen (recently). I enjoy an unexposed zipper...

Comment

• gt2-josh
                      • Sep 2008

Sorry to belabor the point but I compared my Size 44 Guidi 988s to my Size 8 '09 late reissue Tornados and the shaft width at the top is near identical. In fact the CCPs may be a hair narrower.

josh

Comment

• gavagai
                        • May 2010

Sorry to belabor the point but I compared my Size 44 Guidi 988s to my Size 8 '09 late reissue Tornados and the shaft width at the top is near identical. In fact the CCPs may be a hair narrower.

josh
                        sticking with the xxx nature here I've been trying to measure shaft width but now I realize everybody here is talking about boots. The Guidi reference sorted me out.

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          its very nice, felt similar to the 09 highneck leather from what I recall. cut is obviously similar as well, sans gloves.
                          i believe this leather is of the object dyed and object tanned variety, of which i have little to no understanding. a good explanation would be appreciated. the more i stare at this jacket the more it is on my grail list. there is a zero percent chance i will ever pay retail for it but still, miracles happen. the leather looks exquisite, the color is ghostly, the collar is just right for a high collar, sleeves are perfect length, the asymmetry of the zipper is "just-so" which i love. the only thing is the torso length. it is a tad long. but maybe the model is short, i really don't know. and it may look cool on tall guys so could be a non-issue.

that color/leather combo is what gets me. here's a link to a big picture

http://img02.hamazo.tv/usr/centocose/CCP.jpg

i don't know how carol gets the leather to look like that. kind of puffy and veiny? combined with the eerie marble color it looks like the flesh of a vampire horse
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

^ Hahaha, very accurate, C.

If that jacket is not only object dyed by object tanned... God help me.
                            Originally posted by philip nod
                            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                              i believe this leather is of the object dyed and object tanned variety, of which i have little to no understanding. a good explanation would be appreciated. the more i stare at this jacket the more it is on my grail list. there is a zero percent chance i will ever pay retail for it but still, miracles happen. the leather looks exquisite, the color is ghostly, the collar is just right for a high collar, sleeves are perfect length, the asymmetry of the zipper is "just-so" which i love. the only thing is the torso length. it is a tad long. but maybe the model is short, i really don't know. and it may look cool on tall guys so could be a non-issue.

that color/leather combo is what gets me. here's a link to a big picture

http://img02.hamazo.tv/usr/centocose/CCP.jpg

i don't know how carol gets the leather to look like that. kind of puffy and veiny? combined with the eerie marble color it looks like the flesh of a vampire horse
                              C, I think it is only object dyed as it is quite uniform in construction and final product. The object tanning process is a bit unpredictable and this piece is very sharply constructed and all the seams are clean. I could be wrong but it looks just OD.

Carol does a water based object dye and with the jacket soaking wet post-rinse, allows them to dry on mannequin forms with warm circulating air. If you can imagine hanging up a wet long sleeve shirt or dress shirt you can see all the wrinkles that gravity generates. While a cotton fabric will ultimately lose these wrinkles once it dries, the leather tends to hold the form of whatever it has when it dries which is why you see those folds and crinkles on the body and sleeves. Also since no pressure or tension was placed on the body, the leather had naturally expanded irregularly when absorbing the dye liquid and thus when drying, dries irregularly to create a slightly uneven texture. The form-drying is also why you see the light outlines of zippers and internal pockets on all of his jackets, the wet leather conforms to whatever shape is underneath be it just the mannequin or something in between the mannequin form and the outer layer of leather.

Some good shit!
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• quiet noise
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2008

i've always wanted to ask how it actualy feels to walk around in the dip sneakers. i imagine they would be pretty much as uncomfortable as a pair of shoes can get? i mean, how can you even stand straight withougt losing balance if the soles have down-pointing spikes each in completley different size/lengh? doesnt it feel kinda like constantly walking around with small rocks in your shoes? or do they actually follow some kind of pattern that forms a "flat surface"? please shed some light on this lost soul! the look is killer but they just dont seem that ergonomical.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎