X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

he said "piece" so I assumed it meant a piece of clothing, not a showroom prop...
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
      • Jun 2008

how bizarre. he's closing in on Hirst?

Comment

• Pumpfish
        • Sep 2010

If that fiberglass coat is waterproof, I quite fancy trying to sail it.

Perhaps jury-rigging a parachute lining as a mainsail........
        spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• kbi
          • Feb 2009

just gotta dip the person into a big tub of epoxy first

Comment

• tryptomine
            • Apr 2010

maybe anyone have a picture of this coat ???

its a coat or jacket or scarf ???

i was dreaming to have a fiberglass coat ! and i didnt even know that ccp made this !!!

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

fiberglass coat

pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Sombre
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                I doubt he puts this much time into creating something solely to see if an idiot will buy it. But yeah.. not genuinely created to be worn.

fabric code: MENTHOL
                so the man has a sense of humour.

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                Personally I think he just made it to see if some idiot still would buy it slowly killing the person who wears it. A lining isn't the problem. It's inhalation of the glass dust that will make your lungs bleed.
                Wasn't it Oh Weh Mir who bought it? He posted a fit pic toward the end of 2009 if I recall. I showed it to a classmate and she just about had a seizure. He said he's had lots of experience working with fibreglass, so he should be fine. Plus, I have to say, I admire purchasing something entirely unwearable to curate a personal collection. I hope to do that myself one day.
                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• edhohoho
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by StrAngeRy View Post
                  hahaha

2007 overlock, amazing colour to look at tho.
                  Possible candidate for redyeing? The grey overlock stitching is cool.

Comment

• copacetic
                    • Nov 2010

So the fiberglass coat: emphasis on masochism or materials?

I see masochism in the cut and proportions sometimes; not always, of course.

The cut of the coat seems proportional/non-distorting. File it under materials.
                    And "When the prince has gathered about him
                    "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by copacetic View Post
                      The cut of the coat seems proportional/non-distorting. File it under materials.
                      yea but cut and all aside, fiberglass is potentially dangerous/painful to touch and inhale, which differentiates it from the matter of constriction.

but who knows.. it could be just a material he wanted to use.... or he made the coat for a nemesis he is trying to slowly kill, but it accidentally ended up on the showroom floor and some crazy shopkeeper ordered it
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Darklands
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2008

fibreglas coat

i think it is far less harmful or unwearable . . . than it is being positioned here.

Sergio was cautious about it, but emphasized that it is indeed wearable, as long as one was careful not to have it come in contact with bare skin. his concern is, that it would merely irritate the skin. he was not worried of shards coming off of it and impaling the wearer, or even breathing in fibres of it . . .

i might add, the lucky individual who got this highly collectible piece . . . was ecstatic with it.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        yea but cut and all aside, fiberglass is potentially dangerous/painful to touch and inhale, which differentiates it from the matter of constriction.

but who knows.. it could be just a material he wanted to use.... or he made the coat for a nemesis he is trying to slowly kill, but it accidentally ended up on the showroom floor and some crazy shopkeeper ordered it

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Darklands View Post
                          i think it is far less harmful or unwearable . . . than it is being positioned here.

Sergio was cautious about it, but emphasized that it is indeed wearable, as long as one was careful not to have it come in contact with bare skin. his concern is, that it would merely irritate the skin. he was not worried of shards coming off of it and impaling the wearer, or even breathing in fibres of it . . .

i might add, the lucky individual who got this highly collectible piece . . . was ecstatic with it.

like I mentioned I haven't even handled the coat, so I'm just speaking of fiberglass in general. the resin and coating used probably make it notably different than what I'm used to.

however, ohwemir hasn't been posting for a while.. hmm.....

Comment

• tryptomine
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                            I doubt he puts this much time into creating something solely to see if an idiot will buy it. But yeah.. not genuinely created to be worn.

fabric code: MENTHOL
                            can smn explain what is Fabric code - means ?

thanks

Comment

• BSR
                              • Aug 2008

it means you should read this whole thread from the beginning
                              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                                • Jan 2010

And it's a worthwhile read too. It can be done in one night, with music, and presumably some good coffee. I went thru 385 pages in 6 and a bit hours.

By reading the thread in it's entirety, one would get a better sense of XXX's nature as well as an understanding of the process and details undertaken when producing his garments.
                                MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎