Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sombre
    • Jan 2009

Instead of citing masochism, isn't it more accurate to characterize Poell's work as sadistic? The wearer may have vague masochistic tendencies or intentions when purchasing a Poell piece, but for the designer to communicate and cause that, isn't he projecting sadism?
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• tryptomine
      • Apr 2010

edit: you were already told once to read the previous pages of this thread.
      Last edited by tryptomine; 03-03-2011, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Oh weh mir
        • Oct 2008

I started to post again this last couple of days, it's nice to revisit threads and see how much discussions have evolved, opinions have changed, etc. I figure since I've sort of been called out here, I should probably give my two cents.

It's not really dangerous, but it is delicate. I've kept it in perfect condition and this requires a good bit of self control, but if worn too rough or too frequently the fabric would break down anywhere creases form, say around the elbow or waist. (simply splinter and fall apart)

All I know of the piece's construction is that it was never coated with any sort of resin or sealant, only oiled prior to construction and garment washed. I'm fairly certain that the piece was not conceived with a sadistic intent, perhaps it is there, inherent in the fabric but it's more an example of them working towards an idea, taking a particular material and using it in the context of fairly classic cut.

and it smells good.
        Originally posted by AVALANCHE
        is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• Sombre
          • Jan 2009

^Sorry, Oh weh mir. I didn't mean to call you out. Nice to hear your take on things, and to have you back again in general.
          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• edhohoho
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Oh weh mir View Post
            I started to post again this last couple of days, it's nice to revisit threads and see how much discussions have evolved, opinions have changed, etc. I figure since I've sort of been called out here, I should probably give my two cents.

It's not really dangerous, but it is delicate. I've kept it in perfect condition and this requires a good bit of self control, but if worn too rough or too frequently the fabric would break down anywhere creases form, say around the elbow or waist. (simply splinter and fall apart)

All I know of the piece's construction is that it was never coated with any sort of resin or sealant, only oiled prior to construction and garment washed. I'm fairly certain that the piece was not conceived with a sadistic intent, perhaps it is there, inherent in the fabric but it's more an example of them working towards an idea, taking a particular material and using it in the context of fairly classic cut.

and it smells good.
            Wow, it's great to hear from the actual owner of this one of a kind piece. I was hesitant to comment about the idea of sadism and masochism in CCP's work as I am fairly new to CCP's line and this forum. But I wanted to say that I felt in many of the pieces I have seen, and especially regarding that amazing fiberglass coat, it seems that CCP is more about utilizing new and exotic materials (at least exotic compared to the usual gamut of materials used for clothing) and taking it to another level by creating unique, wearable, and stlylish fashion. And the comments relating to "suffering for his art" and in some way passing on this suffering to his customers/wearers of his work seems a bit of a stretch. Actually, the phrase "suffer for his art" brings to mind that Soup Nazi bit from Seinfeld. Sorry, that's just me.

Comment

• franz
              • Mar 2011

About CCP's overlock technique

Sorry if this has already been posted, I'll try to catch up later with the 400+ pages of this thread...

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.
              Originally posted by Faust
              True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

^ lolz
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

/\ Ah ah ah ! Zam telling people how to make fake CCP.
                  But on humanitarian purpose, of course.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

ah!!!!!!!!!!,

that was years ago !!!!!!!.
                      I had no idea this blog even still existed. I had started it and made a couple of post then it fell by the wayside...........

at the time I was working in military design and just wanted to continue flexing the creative muscle............

guess they always say be careful of what you write on the internet cause it will be there forever....................LOL
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• cuddly
                        • Sep 2007

pretty awesome tutorial!

Comment

• Ivans On High
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2008

I am sure most of you have noticed (cuddly especially) that the new dipped oxfords at darklands have a distinct blue tint to the rubber.

Was it done intentionally do you think? Or a mistake after which it was decided not to waste the rubber? And I would also like to know whether this 'colorway' is made aware to the store buyer, or is it listed as 'black'?

Comment

• michael_kard
                            • Oct 2010

/\ Someone ordered a custom pair of black sneakers that had the same blueish rubber.
                            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• jscl
                              • Jan 2010

^yeah, cuddly. i like the blue, but am curious to see just how blue it actually is in bright light..
                              Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
                              (cuddly especially)
                              JUST THE HITS

Comment

• cuddly
                                • Sep 2007

ah, i wonder if the blue dip is the new color for the rehash, but on the newer model version of the trainers i guess? my custom was the '09 original model.

here's how it looks form my previous photos under bright light.it's really a more subtle blue than anything.tucked inside mass of black.creating a haze effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎