• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AENAON
    Banned
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by seenmy View Post
    I wouldnt really say that,all of the toughest stuff I have seen form this collection is still to be released I think if anything in the deliveries to date it has been the basic elements of the collection, the real meat is still to come.

Agree, maybe CCP prefers first the bones

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

I can't imagine that he's trying to 'create suspense.' He has a small team that can only produce a certain amount of product at a certain rate. He could be waiting for fabrics and materials to come in. The titanium pieces may be produced out of house. A lot of shops ordered 09' pieces and they won't begin making those until the 10' product is mostly finished. I agree with seenmy when he says the most elaborate pieces are yet to come. The long, dead-end coats are surely a laborous undertaking, though many styles were likely passed on by shops.

Comment

• Agent L
        • Sep 2006

CCP GROIL Drip Sneakers

Well, I finally received my order from Darklands and I must say that these are by FAR one of the sickest pieces of footwear I have ever owned. To the point that I don't even want to wear them in fear of wearing down the drips/rubber of the soles. I know quite a few of you guys have these already and was wondering how resilient is the rubber? I'm already starting to think of ways to replicate the dripping rubber effect to repair these once the rubber wears away. Maybe adding some black dye to some Shoe Goo, haha???

Comment

• nictan
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Agent L View Post
          Well, I finally received my order from Darklands and I must say that these are by FAR one of the sickest pieces of footwear I have ever owned. To the point that I don't even want to wear them in fear of wearing down the drips/rubber of the soles. I know quite a few of you guys have these already and was wondering how resilient is the rubber? I'm already starting to think of ways to replicate the dripping rubber effect to repair these once the rubber wears away. Maybe adding some black dye to some Shoe Goo, haha???

sounds pretty durable from what lowrey describes.

Comment

• Agent L
            • Sep 2006

DOH! Thanks

Comment

• eton97
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
              On mine, the longer rubber tips wore down pretty quickly to leave very short 'stumps' which are still holding up pretty well and as a result, the main body of the soul is still untouched (and jet black)....
              there are a couple of areas near the heel and underside of the toe-end where the rubber has faded a bit due to catching the pavement etc, but still no sight of the second leather sole....

also i noticed that with some of the drips have worn down to show a hard opaque plasticsubstance within the body of the rubber.(if that makes sense) as if another hard protective layer before you even get near to leather.....but not 100% sure.

conclusion: holding up perfectly and rubber seems more hard-wearing that my initial concerns (by a long way)....

bigger concern is snapping a bloody lace....god knows how you replace OR relace these things....
              Which ones you get? .......photos do not in any way do them justice !!
              Last edited by eton97; 04-23-2011, 09:17 AM.
              you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• eton97
                • Dec 2008

Just read your post in the affiliates thread. Made me laugh! I was exactly the same when I received mine.....just wanted to look at them all day....and before even wearing them outside I was worrying about the dips enjoy them buddy. The soles are pretty hard wearing. At first I touched up the dips where they had gone white with a black marker...gave up after 1 day.....and they still look like new bar the tips being shorter....
                My biggest concern are the laces

Comment

• Agent L
                  • Sep 2006

Thanks eton. Haha!!! I know the laces are already on the verge of busting on my pair!!! I got the kangaroo 2009 reissues.

Comment

• eton97
                    • Dec 2008

Same as mine matey. They are stunning

Even if you could get a 2 meter lace, there's no way you could re-lace without some kind of special instrument.....

You should have kept the classic you sold a while back. These look great with the classic horse jacket ;-)

Comment

• Agent L
                      • Sep 2006

Good thing I got the new Bison Classic leather a couple weeks ago ; )

Comment

• seenmy
                        • May 2009

based on the bison boots I have seen that will make a great jacket,Im yet to see any new leather in the flesh,still just lusting over s08,If i could only own 1 collection from any designer that would be it

Comment

• Agent L
                          • Sep 2006

Surprisingly feels extremely similar to the horse leather. The grain seems almost exactly the same. As does the rigidity. The only difference I can really distinguish is that it's breaking in much quicker. Kind of in between the deer overlock from 06/07 and the horse of 08/09.

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                            Even if you could get a 2 meter lace, there's no way you could re-lace without some kind of special instrument.....
                            does the tongue not come off to expose the laces if it needed some sort of re-lacing?

you guys are killing me with these groil pics. they are probably not for me as i would just keep them brand new.

Comment

• seenmy
                              • May 2009

to go against the keeping it new crew

Comment

• Agent L
                                • Sep 2006

Whoa, how long did it take to get to this level? The rubber underneath the black coating on my pair are a clear brown gumsole. At least from the small spots exposed that I can see.

Enders: The sides of the tongue are sewn to the shoes via a gusset. I suppose the best way to relace is to use a straightened out paper clip with a hooked end... But we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎