X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNotoriousT
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by seenmy View Post
    the new tornados have the slimmest shaft to date I think,were completly snug even on my twig like legs, the spiral jeans are also very slim/come up small in my opinion so if buying online be aware as I can usually get in 46 but a 48 was tight all over for me in these,fabric is softer I think has a little stretch in it and is really nice.

I also tried a dead end suit pant on which was a really light almost fine mesh like fabric,which I had never seen before,I cant recall the name though.
    You talking about the dead end drop crotch pants and was the fabric called ZEILE by any chance?
    How was the fit on those?
    Cheers
    T
    "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• seenmy
      • May 2009

this was a classic breadstick style pant,but with the dead end seams (which Im still unsure about on suiting fabric I feel they are very chunky,maybe they will grow to be a pleasant jar but right now they feel very aggressive) the fabric was black and I guess a fine mesh is the best way to describe,you could sort of see through it.

I also tried the selfedge jeans,a very washed out black denim (so looks a streaky grey)personally the way the selfedge is treated on these pants I do not like it, I cant get my head around seeing it on the outside. the new top button on all the jeans is great though.

the spirals are great though construction is also different to the 09 version

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

I think what I'm agreeing with is that the collection has an over-all lighter feel to it. And yes, the buys will vary by shop and many items can be created using different fabrics. But I'm going solely by the look-book pics.. many of which are not on here.

There is a nice sweater up on DL though.

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

did anyone come up with a convincing argument as to why they're called "breadstick" pants. Is it because they look like breadsticks. Cos they don't do they?

Comment

• gavagai
            • May 2010

I wouldn't call it an argument but:

Maybe this:

But not this:

Comment

• miserableman
              • Dec 2009

where'd you try these on seenmy? the library?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                did anyone come up with a convincing argument as to why they're called "breadstick" pants. Is it because they look like breadsticks. Cos they don't do they?
                Maybe because the legs are very slim? Drainpipes don't particularly look like drainpipes either.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  Still not convinced, or is memory failing you?
                  Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                  Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

That's what I thought the name was referring to.. the fabric being thin, crisp and light. However I've seen other pants called Breadsticks made from completely different fabrics that heavy and thick.

Comment

• Johnny
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post
                      my memory was failing me B-I had forgotten about that. I must be getting old..... I'll ask the same question in a few months time

Comment

• AENAON
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2009

maybe is CCP's ''kavafian'' irony of labelling his own garments

Comment

• StrAngeRy
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                          You talking about the dead end drop crotch pants and was the fabric called ZEILE by any chance?
                          How was the fit on those?
                          Cheers
                          T
                          It's called WOCELL.

It fits TTS I'd say, a little bit tighter than normal size, but if you are sz 44, you can get away with a sz 44 on this one.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by StrAngeRy View Post
                            It's called WOCELL.

It fits TTS I'd say, a little bit tighter than normal size, but if you are sz 44, you can get away with a sz 44 on this one.
                            Thanks but I do believe that the one seenmy was talking about is another fabric as he described it as very lightweight and thin.
                            As far as I know WOCELL is rather stiff and thick, no?
                            "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• StrAngeRy
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                              Thanks but I do believe that the one seenmy was talking about is another fabric as he described it as very lightweight and thin.
                              As far as I know WOCELL is rather stiff and thick, no?
                              yea man, you are right, wocell is very stiff, but I wouldn't say its very thick.. sorry can't help here.

Comment

• Peasant
                                • Jul 2009

WOCELL is like a wool poly...
                                Some stuff finally popping up on A's site. Dropped pants looked dope.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎