• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
    Same as mine matey. They are stunning

Even if you could get a 2 meter lace, there's no way you could re-lace without some kind of special instrument.....

You should have kept the classic you sold a while back. These look great with the classic horse jacket ;-)
    so, if the laces break, you are cooked?

still. i've grown to love these damn things. grotesque and creative and dark and lovely.

haha dark and lovely. pffft...

edit - thread going too fast now i get it...
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

Agent L: seenmy walked through some gravel and then picked at the black paint for awhile. Raging OCD... kidding, of course.
      I don't think they'll ever look like that unless you're off-roading.

Comment

• seenmy
        • May 2009

yeah,mine did not simply fall apart,they got to a stage where they were patchy in a odd way so I evened them up.

Comment

• formateriam
          • Feb 2011

If you're referring to the grain on the bison grey scarstitch vs the horse version, the grain is not the same. The bison is fairly rigid to begin with so my initial impressions is the same in that it will take some time to break in. Also, some other apparent differences with the new 2011 version is that there is a double zipper and CCP's own zipper tab.

Originally posted by Agent L View Post
          Surprisingly feels extremely similar to the horse leather. The grain seems almost exactly the same. As does the rigidity. The only difference I can really distinguish is that it's breaking in much quicker. Kind of in between the deer overlock from 06/07 and the horse of 08/09.

Comment

• eton97
            • Dec 2008

I'll post a pic of mine and the soles when i get a chance, but besides the white spots where specific dips have worn down, they look like they are brand new. No wear whatsoever on the uppers or round the sides.
            Last edited by eton97; 04-23-2011, 11:35 AM.
            you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• eton97
              • Dec 2008

here a pic of the soles of my dipped - if you look at the top left hand corner you can see what i refer to earlier about one of the dips and a hard opaque layer within/underneath the rubber dipping...

Not sure if this is a new 'hard protective' layer that has been introduced into the 09 reissues (as some people have commented that the recent batch have a slightly higher sole than the originals)....but whatever it is, it is an extremely tough material....

EDIT: and from looking at seenmy's side shot vs mine, I would definitely agree with the above observation that the new batch are far chunkier and have a thicker sole

and here's an old shot of the beauties...

Last edited by eton97; 04-23-2011, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• eton97
                • Dec 2008

profile shot:

Comment

• Agent L
                  • Sep 2006

Thanks for all the input and pics Seenmy and Eton! Yeah, mine seem to be on the chunkier side like Eton's. Glad to hear these are built to endure... But for now, I'm enjoying them just fine on my shelf ; ) I'll post a profile shot when I get home.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

great purchase. my cordovan pair are very resilient. at first wearing them felt like you were walking on the moon. the rubber is really durable and the shoes are now bearable to wear all day (they destroyed my feet at first).

btw, how's the bison leather jacket? same cut as the horse one?
                    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Agent L
                      • Sep 2006

The bison is cut exactly the same as far as I can tell. Got the same size as the horse one I had (46) and they feel just the same. Weight and fit through body and sleeves pretty much identical. I will say the bison is breaking in much easier though. I'll post some pics soon.

Comment

• AENAON
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                        I can't imagine that he's trying to 'create suspense.' He has a small team that can only produce a certain amount of product at a certain rate. He could be waiting for fabrics and materials to come in. The titanium pieces may be produced out of house. A lot of shops ordered 09' pieces and they won't begin making those until the 10' product is mostly finished. I agree with seenmy when he says the most elaborate pieces are yet to come. The long, dead-end coats are surely a laborous undertaking, though many styles were likely passed on by shops.
                        I agree that CCP does not trying intentionally to create ''suspense''. Maybe I was joking... but I am not sure if his pieces can be divided in categories like most elaborated vs less elaborated. Its true that some styles are more difficult to produce but every ccp piece has its share to difficulty, craftsmanship, concept and its realisation.

I need also to add that since many CCP collectors are waiting for dripped sneakers, boots, leather pieces it was much more interesting to ship around first other more difficult to sell styles e.x. trousers or tops.... but as I can see here (http://www.ink-clothing.com/test2/content_ccp/) I might be wrong

Comment

• JPS
                          • Feb 2010

Re-dips

Re: Eternal's suggestion for using Plastidip: I had considered dipping my red tornado zips, but wanted to test run it on something I didn't mind fucking up. I bought some black dip from Ace hardware and subjected my Mizuno trail running shoes to the experiment. Ace only carried it in...I think it was like a 16oz tube with a resealable lid. I hung them from a clothesline, poured it over, and caught the excess in a paint tray, re-poured, and so on.

Anyway, the dip lasted through roughly two months of New England winter before beginning to peel down to the sole. And Plastidip encourages you to try their recipes for custom colors.

I used to work at a lumberyard in NH; several guys heavily dipped their work boots for winter/spring waterproofing.

Comment

• Agent L
                            • Sep 2006

Any pics?

Originally posted by JPS View Post
                            Re: Eternal's suggestion for using Plastidip: I had considered dipping my red tornado zips, but wanted to test run it on something I didn't mind fucking up. I bought some black dip from Ace hardware and subjected my Mizuno trail running shoes to the experiment. Ace only carried it in...I think it was like a 16oz tube with a resealable lid. I hung them from a clothesline, poured it over, and caught the excess in a paint tray, re-poured, and so on.

Anyway, the dip lasted through roughly two months of New England winter before beginning to peel down to the sole. And Plastidip encourages you to try their recipes for custom colors.

I used to work at a lumberyard in NH; several guys heavily dipped their work boots for winter/spring waterproofing.

Comment

• Agent L
                              • Sep 2006

Bison Leather Close-Ups

Comment

• Agent L
                                • Sep 2006

Groil Profile Shot

Sorry for the redundancy, but here's a profile shot of my pair as promised.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎