• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • interest1
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
    I, of course, disagree.
    Men might get the turbo wedge back btw.

I will mud-wrestle them off your feet if I have to.
    Haha, could you imagine?
    sain't

Comment

• Verdandi
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
      What an ugly thing to say about another human being.

DamageX - Yeah, those kicks are good. The only RO trainers that have ever appealed to me are the earlier Geo's. I do like the thin-heeled Tungsten ankle boot I posted above, but other than that, I don't look to Rick for footwear. It's always been the bottom-rung of all his collections, IMO. The '101 variations on the Turbo' was the beginning of the end for me. Just say no to wedges!
      I had the suede stiletto boots, though I am not sure which season they were from, it was more than a decade ago. I wore them to death until one of the heels broke off. I am not too keen on the updated version mainly because of the bulbous shoe tip.
      And while I do love the turbo wedges in theory, I think they are hard to style without looking like you've just exited some video game convention.
      I bought one of the thigh high versions out of a whim years ago and they've been rotting in my closet since.

But thank you for the flashback interest1, reminded me why I used to love Rick so much.
      lavender menace

Comment

• stemcell
        • Jul 2011

Anyone close to the Nyc store that would be able to get scans of the moody lookbook? I have seen a couple of shots online but it'd be a lovely thing for this threaddd ;) thanks!

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
          I had the suede stiletto boots, though I am not sure which season they were from, it was more than a decade ago. I wore them to death until one of the heels broke off. I am not too keen on the updated version mainly because of the bulbous shoe tip.
          And while I do love the turbo wedges in theory, I think they are hard to style without looking like you've just exited some video game convention.
          I bought one of the thigh high versions out of a whim years ago and they've been rotting in my closet since.

But thank you for the flashback interest1, reminded me why I used to love Rick so much.

Maybe mrbeuys can take them off your hands.

From the get-go, I've had the very same reservation about the ankle wedges and how their simplicity, in theory, should make them work with everything. They actually do, but you have to be able to get past the 'futurama video game slight alien' thing, and I guess I've never been able to do that with a straight face.
          sain't

Comment

• DamageX
            • Dec 2008

Just say no to wedges!
            You mean to tell me you don't like the self destructing wedges?

I've always wanted a pair but heard too many horror stories.

As far as his sneakers go, I really liked this version:

Rick Owens

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

I will mud-wrestle them off your feet if I have to.
              Haha, could you imagine?
              Of course I can.
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• stagename
                • Oct 2011

I like the new ROxAdidas much (much much) more than the ones last year.... It's a simpler take, which I think fit the Adidas aesthetic better ...

(PS If this has already been posted let me know and I'll delete the post, I couldn't find it anywhere, thanks.)

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by stagename View Post
                  I like the new ROxAdidas much (much much) more than the ones last year.... It's a simpler take, which I think fit the Adidas aesthetic better ...

(PS If this has already been posted let me know and I'll delete the post, I couldn't find it anywhere, thanks.)
                  I personally am disappointed by it. I think it's watered down and loses all the subversive of this season's. And I'm sad that he'll likely never do this season's iteration again, as I don't believe my pair will last the way other shoes have due to the material and construction. An ephemeral sneaker, perfect for what it was.

That said, I'll likely get the all black for fw14.
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                    I personally am disappointed by it. I think it's watered down and loses all the subversive of this season's. And I'm sad that he'll likely never do this season's iteration again, as I don't believe my pair will last the way other shoes have due to the material and construction. An ephemeral sneaker, perfect for what it was.

That said, I'll likely get the all black for fw14.
                    all this is EXACTLY what i think. even the last part about buying the all black new ones.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                      all this is EXACTLY what i think. even the last part about buying the all black new ones.
                      High five
                      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• upsilonkng
                        • May 2010

why not just forgo buying the $700 jogger that u can't jog in and don't like altogether ? seems an easy choice. u don't like it, it's watered down and u will still buy. impressively habitual. nothing like spending money u earned to buy shit that ur disappointed in.

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

again with the anger issues there, ypsilon. why not forego sz altogether? we only seem to make u mad. or maybe u get off on trying to be a bit of a bully? psychopathic tendencies?

putting u on ignore. :)

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

^ I think he's only vocalizing what a lot of us are thinking.

Why fault someone for deductive reasoning?

Besides, you call people out on stuff all the time. You do!
                            sain't

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

Besides, you call people out on stuff all the time. You do!

ur just jelly cause i got holes in my flip-flops and u don't.

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

All my holes are in my RO cashmere socks. Take that!
                                sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎