• aussy
    • Jul 2011

Spring blades also come in low top form, which is even less to my taste
    These are pretty cool in their simplicity though

...more pics of the entire collab

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

already posted that in the SS15 thread. maybe keep the discussion on the new collection there?

Comment

• aussy
        • Jul 2011

I think that's a better place for this, though the clergy currently seems divided between the two threads

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by excelsiom View Post

i bought some of those backlaced boots from trucker:

God I love these. Sad to have to go back over 10 years to feel anything for Rick footwear. Anything positive, that is.

I'd wear those in a heartbeat with my favorite leather – incidentally, also from Trucker.
          sain't

Comment

• maahno
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by stemcell View Post
            Sorry if this has been posted anywhere already, I think it's new.
            Showroom footage from 2003-4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x818nSyGzhA
            Could not stop watching
            What a amazing collection!!

Comment

• apathy!
              • Jan 2014

that jacket at 00:40

edit: ignorant questions: Did Rick basically popularise/invent this silhouette?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

Just amazing. What a great find.
                You can just tell how lush all the materials are. That unfortunately feels like it's something that hasn't quite scaled with the growth of the business. That being said, Moody looks like it might be a step in the right direction.
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• neongud
                  • Mar 2013

Just bought myself a gradient leather from ss09. Just some questions. How is the tyvek-thing done? Is is regular leather with a tyvek treatment? Or is the whole body made of tyvek? Anyways, very cool jacket.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                    • Jan 2013

that showroom video really convinced me that Rick's womenswear has a level of depth above and beyond his menswear

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

what it convinced me about is how much Rick has blown up.. its probably now more crowded in the bathroom than it was back then in the entire showroom.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• stemcell
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                        Just amazing. What a great find.
                        You can just tell how lush all the materials are. That unfortunately feels like it's something that hasn't quite scaled with the growth of the business. That being said, Moody looks like it might be a step in the right direction.
                        I feel like there are lots of new lush things! I wasn't a customer back then, so I can't say anything hands on but what about HUN, and think of the women's knotted leathers, and frilly cottons of island, all the shearlings, or the fuzzy silks of mountain (my fuzzy rick shorts are easily my favorite rick piece that I own) and embroidered cashmere jackets from moody just went up in his official store, I think today. I think the younger customers and demographic has just made things shift to a focus on sneakers and unstable cottons... :/

Comment

• Law
                          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                          that jacket at 00:40
                          First thing which caught my eye too. Does anybody know the name/model/style of that particular coat?

Comment

• excelsiom
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Law View Post
                            First thing which caught my eye too. Does anybody know the name/model/style of that particular coat?
                            these sort of things didn't really apply back then. there are multiple shearlings from TRUCKER and also some from MOOG that echo that, but rick's since then done a number of knits in that general vein (long, canted forward about the sleeves, and able to be worn a number of ways.) there are also some forme d'ex garments like this.

btw, IVO MILAN will be uploading more showroom footage as their team gets around to converting the VHS ... great family.

Comment

• apathy!
                              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by excelsiom View Post
                              btw, IVO MILAN will be uploading more showroom footage as their team gets around to converting the VHS ... great family.
                              Look forward to this. I much prefer seeing the stuff this way than in a video of a runway.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                                • Jan 2013

to echo this sentiment, do any other stores share videos or photos from showrooms (any season)? I've seen some stills here or there, but not much where people are actually trying on the clothes

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎