• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gaudy

Comment

• inaya
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
      well all the garments dont of course break, the 4 or 5 pieces I have are all fine in terms of construction.. so I guess its also luck. not saying that it should happen at all though, it shouldn't
      bah it is a shame of the quality but one good thing is, with success comes more funding and in turn, better materials. Pugh's stuff was really bad in the early days... cheap materials that don't last. Shame because the designs were great and construction was good as well, like you say about Doma. perhaps if he becomes more successful it will improve..

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by inaya View Post
        bah it is a shame of the quality but one good thing is, with success comes more funding and in turn, better materials. Pugh's stuff was really bad in the early days... cheap materials that don't last. Shame because the designs were great and construction was good as well, like you say about Doma. perhaps if he becomes more successful it will improve..
        Funny, usually it's quite the opposite. With success, a brand becomes used as a substitute for quality.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by inaya View Post
          Actually some of the the fabrics he uses are quite nice and not the issue. If Pugh's construction and design were good with poor fabric in the early days, he was doing it right...working with what he had. Poor construction is not something one can easily forgive on such high ticket purchases. Clothes falling apart shouldn't happen. A piece here and there is a fluke, but in pnod's case where nearly half a dozen pieces have come undone...eh..the shit's suspect. Much like Arto though, my pieces have been solid and my experience thus far good.
          Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• theaddict
            • Apr 2008

hmmm, if it was really bad luck P, you should instantly play the lottery tomorrow. So much bad luck in so many pieces should turn out to good luck now...
            Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
              hmmm, if it was really bad luck P, you should instantly play the lottery tomorrow. So much bad luck in so many pieces should turn out to good luck now...
              Not bad luck - I also posted a comment of how there was a hole on a shirt I was trying on. Someone else posted something as well...
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Piffen
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Not bad luck - I also posted a comment of how there was a hole on a shirt I was trying on. Someone else posted something as well...
                Yeah, tried on a jacket in CPH with a f**d up shoulder seam, the shoulder looked totally deformed.

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

Yeah, i agree, i just wanted to state that if one would really just narrow it down on a luck/bad luck thing, i would suggest the above.

I dont believe much in luck, if P had 5 pieces and you too some, there has to be something wrong with it. Didnt handle any DD yet, but from these experiences i definitely would have to see the stuff in person before i would decide to buy (cant touch it till i am moving to Berlin)...
                  Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                    • Nov 2006

all this quality talk is putting me to sleep

...if anyones interested...I can do picks from here Copenhagen..

tegman - beige - 1100dkk ~$195

tauceti - black - 2500dkk ~$440

pfeilstern- black - 1500dkk ~$260 [might be +/-]
                    [i think this is the model, its a wide leg cotton pant, i can check again, I am also not 100% sure on the price]

There is also the Heavy Wool Knitted Scarf w/Braids [see Ateliers website for pics] for 1500dkk ~$260

and there is also a blazer which I haven't seen anywhere else, like the blazer at Atelier but a more standard cut w/ raw cut at the bottom for 3400dkk ~$590

PM me if you want anything here and I will see if they have your size, they don't have anything else, so please don't ask me.
                    Last edited by andrewislasorad; 11-18-2008, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

fuck, how is that shit so cheap there?
                      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• bestial
                        • Jun 2008

how's the zipped hood compared to the none-zipped? it looks longer, but might just be the picture.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                          fuck, how is that shit so cheap there?
                          closer to the source? not sure. But I don't think it sold well here, did anything?

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                          how's the zipped hood compared to the none-zipped? it looks longer, but might just be the picture.
                          I think it's about the same maybe a bit longer only because of the zipper weighing it down a bit...looks that way in the runway photos at least.

Comment

• Arcane
                            • Jul 2008

Pants look quite interesting. How much would you charge a fellow dane?
                            Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• bonejelly
                              • Jul 2008

andrew, are those dollar prices in USD? if so, thats pretty incredible.

Comment

• Arcane
                                • Jul 2008

Yeah, prices are USD. They even seem to be about $10-20 too high as well, at least according to the calculator I'm using.
                                Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎