X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

If I saw this without the Doma tag, I'd think this is Chloe...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Do you, really? Because I don't know how you can't see that one of the attributes of what's considered girly is sheerness. I don't know how else to put it, honestly.
      I guess i'm liberated from the obligation of as soon as I see a garment automatically try to figure out if it's for a boy or a girl. I seriously don't see why sheer fabrics is meant for a body with a vagina. I also don't see why people are so lazy that they can't think objectively about clothing for one second.

from the example above, my first reaction was "robe" seeing that one. I've seen both men and women wear robes.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I dont think anyone is saying its meant for a woman, but for many sheerness is a feature traditionally seen on women's garments a lot more often, so I think the association is somewhat natural. if you are used to wearing sheer materials or seeing them on mens garments, then you can probably more easily see them as mens.

guess its just depends on the point of view. I see what Faust means because from my perspective that robe or vest is very petite looking with mid length sleeves and a pastel-ish colour, which all make it look a bit like a womens garment to me.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          If I saw this without the Doma tag, I'd think this is Chloe...

I purchased a piece very similar to that shown above. It was for my wife.
          Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Boki
            • May 2008

i really dont mind the sheerness and would wear it, and i actually am quite attracted to that vest/cardigan.

Though, i do understand that its definitely androgynous or feminine, it still doesnt change my opinion on it.

Heirloom, it might help to actually see how the general public might see it and still accept it as something you like and others dont. Rather then trying to change peoples perspective on clothing or 'gender' wear.

Comment

• maldoror
              • Jun 2007

and if the sheerness isn't enough, there's always the fact that the damir signature is little dangly bits of ribbon.

Comment

• Jon
                • Apr 2008

fuck it, man. doma makes you look fierce and fearless. dressing like a girl never felt so good...
                Originally posted by merz
                perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• gerry
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  fuck it, man. doma makes you look fierce and fearless. dressing like a girl never felt so good...

fierce?

Comment

• I love christian SO much!!! He gave me the power of tranny icecream.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                      I guess i'm liberated from the obligation of as soon as I see a garment automatically try to figure out if it's for a boy or a girl. I seriously don't see why sheer fabrics is meant for a body with a vagina. I also don't see why people are so lazy that they can't think objectively about clothing for one second.

from the example above, my first reaction was "robe" seeing that one. I've seen both men and women wear robes.
                      Well, if that's what a woman is to you - I'm sorry, buddy, we clearly operate in different universes.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Well, if that's what a woman is to you - I'm sorry, buddy, we clearly operate in different universes.
                        Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                        I seriously don't see why sheer fabrics is meant for a body with a vagina.and boobies
                        fixed.

did i do good?

[or bad?]

-

Comment

• Avantster
                          ¤¤¤
                          • Sep 2006

A garment in a sheer fabric speaks to me of a soft sensuality, a sense of supple gentleness. That is, femininity.
                          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
                            A garment in a sheer fabric speaks to me of a soft sensuality, a sense of supple gentleness. That is, femininity.
                            sorry Avantster, after half a page with the word "sheer" in it my ultra-straight-dude-don't-even-look-at-me-or-I'll-kick-your-ass brain I started daydreaming about spring break wet t-shirt contests.

Throw in "supple" and "gentleness" and all I could think about was girls gone wild.

Am I on the wrong forum? This is becoming a sausage fest! i'm out!

(ps- all this was a joke)
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• jevna
                              • Aug 2007

I do agree some sheer pieces are quite girly. I am really into his more "streetwear" stuff though, like the oversized hooded sweater. Seen in person, some pieces are truely beautiful imo. I felt touched watching them.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡