Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yan
    • Mar 2008

Anyone seen the Damir sunglasses? Supposed to be nice.

Comment

• baby
      • Aug 2008

^yeah would like to know. also, any info on the boots? kom/svens anywhere have them? people claimed to have seen them before but i havent seen anything yet.
      Originally posted by pipcleo
      if i see a black man fall on the street i stop and help him up

Comment

• alex.a
        • Aug 2008

i think theyre selling a pair of boots on mindtrive.com really cool boots !

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

I think they were discussed in the Doma f/w 08-09 thread
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DHC
            DD X Linda Farrow hitting soon.
            I hear he is also doing a collaboration with Tide. And then General Electric. And then who knows - the sky is the limit.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              No problem, Fade. It's up to Damir and his investors to drive his business, not us.
              For sure, sage words Faust...sage words.

Comment

• Fade
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                I hear he is also doing a collaboration with Tide. And then General Electric. And then who knows - the sky is the limit.
                Yeah I knew that he did something with Linda Farrow, but i didn't even saw a pic of the work....his sister told me that those sunglasses looks very similiar to the wayfarer and they're simply amazing.
                I can't wait to see them! (and get a pair for sure )

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Faust
                  fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Boki
                    • May 2008

anyone gonna stock any of these pieces, id love to get my hands on them?

usually stores buy boring garments from the collections that i think are fantastic, really hoping someone will be abit risky.

Comment

• Jon
                      • Apr 2008

Boki, what piece do you have your eye on?

Let's be realistic here.... I'd love to hear what you think about all the shops carrying Damir Doma and their "boring" buys...
                      Originally posted by merz
                      perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• reborn
                        • Aug 2008

Purely out of curiosity, Did Seven ever receive their DD shipment? What about Raf?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by reborn View Post
                          Purely out of curiosity, Did Seven ever receive their DD shipment? What about Raf?
                          I think Seven should start targeting Australia and South America, or at least treat their arrivals as cruise collections or something, cause shit clearly ain't working...
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• reborn
                            • Aug 2008

Sweet...Raf & DD resort collections: graphic tees, euro banana slings and thongs (with lots of drawstrings and metal inserts)...

Comment

• Boki
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              Boki, what piece do you have your eye on?

Let's be realistic here.... I'd love to hear what you think about all the shops carrying Damir Doma and their "boring" buys...
                              you probably own a store dont you?

i think the pieces i had in mind, refering these to DHC's post, were; the wrap around type-of Kaftan in picture 7, the scarf thats worn in some of the pictures - its just like a donut shape around your neck, i think that was about it that i wholly was interested in. There are some other good items that i would through on board, but on at this time.

I got no clue what stores carry Damir Doma, It was a general statement which i just felt like making due to precedent with other labels and what i see buyers buy. its usually what they can sell and NEVER do they go for even one experimental piece. This is why i value Eastern Market.

P.S. Jon dont take too much offense, its only me that probably thinks this.

Comment

• Jon
                                • Apr 2008

Boki, no offense taken. I just expect that when someone would make a statement such as the one you made that you could back it up. For any store to be carrying Damir Doma to begin with, is taking quite a risk on a relatively unknown designer.

I work at Komakino, and I was interested to hear your opinion because for a store based out of Vancouver we certainly don't operate within the mainstream and have been carrying Damir Doma since his first collection - that makes it Seven and us in all North America.

I feel the same way you do with regards to the way many stores buy, and I can understand the frustration. But I think that you could be approaching this a little close-minded.

If you don't know what stores carry Damir Doma, find out. If there's something you're interested in, contact one of those shops and see if they can get what you're looking for. No need to start a rant about stores buying this or that brand in a 'boring' way without actually being aware of what stores (ie: Atelier, Komakino, Seven) have actually bought in the past. Believe me, we're not 'playing it safe' selling transparent-sleeved silk-organza bomber jackets in Vancouver and we're not doing this for any other reason than that we believe in what we do.

ADDING:
                                Most shops carrying Damir Doma are relatively small operations. We are very responsive to our clients and customers. We hope, and expect, to be very approachable because it's not very often you find customers interested in this product - just as it's not very often you find a shop with that product. Understand that we have specific clients in mind when we go into a showroom and we can discuss collections and pieces with them when making our buy. If you want something, speak out, that's how capitalism works, no?
                                Originally posted by merz
                                perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎