Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade
    • Sep 2008

Those are words man! I really appreciate that, just from my point of view as a very narrow cognizant of his works i can truly say that "quality" is one of his most important (maybe the first one!) prerogatives.
    I mean, he's a maniac about it, obviously in a positive way just like all the guys that work for him.
    And i can say too that the quality of his new collection it's amazing and i really don't understand how people could talk so badly about his works, especially about their quality.

p.s.-seems like you really know a lot about Damir's organization...how did you get those informations? I'm just curious don't worry... ;)

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Fade, people are speaking from their personal experience here, that's all.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

Fade, Faust is right. I haven't heard anyone speaking maliciously of Damir or his work. So there is no offense to be taken. Check your pm and we can discuss further.
        Last edited by DHC; 10-08-2008, 03:02 PM.
        Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

well i hope he pulled the linen shirt, its a total mess.

and my 1700 dollar jacket shouldn't just fall apart at the seams, esp seams along the forearm where there is no pressure. that is my experience, and i've heard overall quality issues and poor craftmanship rumbles all season. luckily this season didn't get me too excited. will be broke next season, so it wont matter anyway.
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

ok I have to come back to this discussion that took place in Recent purchases:

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
            that is crazy...and a shame about the seam...is it just me or is A's mark up getting larger? That same shirt here is ~$500.

this shirt right...?

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
            That strikes me as insane and offensive really. I mean, if a shirt has some seriously unusual characteristics, ok, charge whatever, but for a basic shirt, go MTM from CEGO for $200, bespoke from Freddie Vandecasteele for like $350-400, or whatever. 800 for a linen shirt that doesn't appear very unique seem batshit fucking insane to me.
            Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
            for the record, that shirt has a fairly unusual cut and fit, and has at least a few details that differentiate it from a regular shirt. I personally wouldn't make such a statement without seeing th garment, whether or not its your style or thing is of course one thing, but at least to me it appeared quite far from a basic button up shirt.
            I went ahead and tried this shirt on today, and it confirmed my initial thoughts. its very far from a regular button up shirt, the fit is highly unique and I think you can even tell that from the pic. there are neat details and the construction seemed good. apparently someone had quality issues with this particular shirt but the ones they had at A seemed perfect to me. had it been slightly cheaper, I probably would've bought one.

what goes for the quality issues, that sucks and dont think it should happen. personally I havent had any issues though with the 5 or so pieces I've had as well as quite a few more I've tried on.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• jcotteri
              • Jun 2008

I cant wait to check out claude maus in Melbourne when they get this in. I am so excited

Mike that shirt looks magnificent. Also your cardigan in your last waywt. Amazing.tnx for sharing a pic of that
              WTB: This

Comment

• Avyer
                • Dec 2007

I bought the highneck shirt sight unseen, aside from pictures and I honestly can not wait till it get cool enough to wear it here. The fit is awesome as is the material and I didn't feel any construction errors even with my large frame, hoping I don't run into any either.
                Remember, be here now.

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                  and my 1700 dollar jacket shouldn't just fall apart at the seams, esp seams along the forearm where there is no pressure.
                  Man, I'm sorry to hear that pNidz. That's a bloody shame and you're right...there is no excuse for such a thing to happen.
                  Originally posted by Faust
                  fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• humancrack
                    • Feb 2008

i just received my long trench today and everything seems to be fine so far

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

and ditto for the shirt above^^^
                      the linen stretched to the breaking point along all the pressure points. didn't notice until after i bought it. had to return the fucker to lift, and because they couldn't fix it before it left, and to buy some shit luc shirt that i would have never bought bc there was nothing in that price range. and on top of it pay $200 more bc the overpriced luc was well, overpriced in the exchange. ok, done. now i will never bring this up again.

Comment

• humancrack
                        • Feb 2008

pnod, which jacket was this?

Comment

• theaddict
                          • Apr 2008

damn that really sucks...even more if you have to leave the country and just bc of the lack of time it cant be solved...

and ditto for the shirt above^^^
                          the linen stretched to the breaking point along all the pressure points. didn't notice until after i bought it. had to return the fucker to lift, and because they couldn't fix it before it left, and to buy some shit luc shirt that i would have never bought bc there was nothing in that price range. and on top of it pay $200 more bc the overpriced luc was well, overpriced in the exchange. ok, done. now i will never bring this up again.
                          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by humancrack View Post
                            pnod, which jacket was this?
                            virgin wool blazer w straps hanging off the front, really amazing actually. better than the one at A. got it at lift. and actually bought the shirt cuz it looked good w the blazer.

Comment

• Fade
                              • Sep 2008

and my 1700 dollar jacket shouldn't just fall apart at the seams, esp seams along the forearm where there is no pressure. that is my experience, and i've heard overall quality issues and poor craftmanship rumbles all season.
                              I mean, i'm very sorry that you had such a terrible experience whit the DD's brand and i really hope that this will be the last time that i hear someone who had problems with his clothes.
                              I really don't know what's the problem in the production system and honestly i can't even imagine what it is.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Fade, maybe you can talk to Damir and we can set up some kind of a communication through the forums or otherwise (that wouldn't be the first time). It would be in his best interest as a businessman, since there are quite a few of his fans here.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎