• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

/\ Perfect, thanks.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• HWith
      • May 2007

A shop called Holly Golightly here in Copenhagen has a whole bunch of FS scarves at 50% off. They're down from about USD 450 to USD 225. They have a 70% cashmere 30% silk mix, but also a mix with some virgin wool in it. It's equally light but the texture is a bit more coarse. Both are great and very cloudy when worn. Unfortunately they don't have any scarves left in black, but mostly grey and earthy colors. If anyone's interested I could do a pick up. :-)

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Gray and earthy are the best! I am getting one next week - woohoo!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

sorry to bump old thread with shopping type question, but what is the general consensus on the stoles? too big to wear as a traditional scarf? 60"x55" seems pretty big even folded up...
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

^ Mine is 70"x50" and it is incredible. One of my favorite accessories in the winter. Do it.

It is certainly big - I can wrap it around my neck 3 times no problems. But I kind of like it that way. Mine has a dye blend running from one side to the other of a muted red to a grey-ish red. So the bigger the better imo. Actually I'll get something in the archives or here soon, since I have some free time.

EDIT: Here we are:

Last edited by kuugaia; 11-12-2011, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
              • Jan 2011

^ wow that looks great. ive always wanted a sarti scarf but never knew what the fuss was about @ the price point. looks great...

and its nice to see you posting again kuugagai!!

Comment

• kuugaia
                • Feb 2010

^ Looks great, but feels even better. FS is certainly one of the best out there. I do believe they provide materials to quite a few of the SZ labels as well.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Can any of the fabric experts elaborate on what "protein" means when cited by FS? I know several fibers would fall under this category...was wondering if anyone has any further insight. Also curious to hear more about Modal and Micro-Modal.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

I have a 100% micromodal one, it's the softest and lightest fabric I've ever felt. I read that it's mostly used in underwear, and overall it's very soft while still quite durable (unlike a Rick sheer tee)
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                      I have a 100% micromodal one, it's the softest and lightest fabric I've ever felt. I read that it's mostly used in underwear, and overall it's very soft while still quite durable (unlike a Rick sheer tee)
                      Interesting, thank you. I read online that it comes from trees (beech I think?), but I can't recall if I've handled it in person.

Still confused about protein though...
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Protein comes from milk. I kid you not.

The micromodal is amazing, Dane - don't be put off by it. It's not very warm though, more like a fall scarf.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Protein comes from milk. I kid you not.

The micromodal is amazing, Dane - don't be put off by it. It's not very warm though, more like a fall scarf.
                          Jeez...Dairy Counsel lobbyists got to you too huh?

Definitely not put off by the modal...am just not educated on it and didn't want to be disappointed. Either way, sounds great...I already have a dense-cashmere FS scarf, so light/not-warm is okay.

Comment

• thejarc
                            • Jan 2011

Although it was already mentioned in Fausts article that they started out as a fabric mill it is noteworthy that they do a great deal of Ann Demeulemeester fabrics.

And for everyone in London, Harvey Nichols has a huge selection of Sarti scarves.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Check out some Faliero Sarti yumminess.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

I have the cashmere/alpaca/linen scarf...it might be one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen/touched.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎