• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lohikaarme
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
    what does that sentence mean?
    Hobbit reference, I believe.

On topic, ronald_bne, did you punch the pants back into submission or otherwise return them to wearable status?

Comment

• ronald_bne
      • Jun 2010

I did , interestingly when they dry, they soften up immensely and almost return to normal. They now feel like when I got them new, stiff but wearable.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
        • Mar 2009

I have the same issue with my L-0 canvas jeans. stiff as fuck, even i have put them through the wash with fabric conditioner countless times.

I love his foootwear, for the fact it can take quite a beating. My elastic band derbies are still in great nick, after a few years of wear. Although the band did tear one pair. So now they are sans elastic as i hat to chop it off.

My cordovan boots (i think from his 2nd season) have become a favourite of mine. I beleive they were coated at first, and with wear the colour starts to change, from a deep black/grey, with hues of brown and green.

Only downside being the nails in the sole rusted away so had to get new leather soles put on them. Once that is done, they are ready to be beaten to death for another 4-5 years.
        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

I'm a few months deep on my ankle boots, and I completely agree that they are quite durable. They look better each day. Plus they're a very wearable design; classic but unique and a sturdy appearance without looking uncomfortable.. which they are not. And the prices remain reasonable for a pair of cordovans.

Comment

• viciouscircle
            • Oct 2009

Does anyone know what kind of glue that he uses to join the body and sole? The drip come out between them does give a bit of individuality.
            Wine, cheese and crackers.

Comment

• daou0782
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

toe shape

Ok. So I was reading through the thread and I noticed a couple of comments mentioning the change in the toe box shape, but, alas, no pictures. Since i just purchased a pair, i thought i could post a comparison. As lowrey mentioned, the newer toe shaped is less round. I personally have decided to not over agonize about the change and roll with them. Judge for yourselves.

The person who sold them to me said these were fw12-13, but if the comments on this thread are correct, the pointier toe is more recent.

CCP

Layer-0

Guidi

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by daou0782 View Post
                Ok. So I was reading through the thread and I noticed a couple of comments mentioning the change in the toe box shape, but, alas, no pictures. Since i just purchased a pair, i thought i could post a comparison. As lowrey mentioned, the newer toe shaped is less round. I personally have decided to not over agonize about the change and roll with them. Judge for yourselves.

The person who sold them to me said these were fw12-13, but if the comments on this thread are correct, the pointier toe is more recent.

CCP

Layer-0

Guidi
                That's some vicious creasing on the Layer-0 shoes, even in ways I wouldn't imagine the foot would bend... how'd that occur?

Comment

• daou0782
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

not at all lohikaarme, the step is quite roomy. perhaps a side shot will help clarify?

Last edited by daou0782; 11-29-2014, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

yea its due to the shaft shape, similar to some guidis

the toe shape looks similar as on the pair from the current season I saw, but its of course possible it was used before too. its definitely more rare than the rounded shape which you can see almost an all of the shoes.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
                      • Feb 2012

daou, thanks for your pics... great to see a direct comparison between some usual suspects

& for what it's worth, i think the layer-0 is a perfect midpoint between two extremes

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                        • Jul 2013

not at all lohikaarme, the step is quite roomy. perhaps a side shot will help clarify?

Makes more sense. Might be the flash that's partially making those creases look extra excessive.

Comment

• drizzly
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2012

i noticed the last few seasons L0 has and 2 lasts one of which was more pointy

Comment

• en0rm
                            • May 2010

Yes for the last 4-5 seasons L0 has been using two different lasts. One which was round, stubby (slightly like a duck bill) and the otherone which is slightly slimer, more elongated and doesnt curl upwards that much.

I can try and make a foto of a side by side comparison if i dont forget.

Comment

• drizzly
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by en0rm View Post
                              Yes for the last 4-5 seasons L0 has been using two different lasts. One which was round, stubby (slightly like a duck bill) and the otherone which is slightly slimer, more elongated and doesnt curl upwards that much.

I can try and make a foto of a side by side comparison if i dont forget.
                              rounded last or stubbly ()- http://www.pnp-firenze.blogspot.ca/2...e-lace_10.html

slimmer last - http://www.pnp-firenze.blogspot.ca/2...erse-lace.html

Comment

• en0rm
                                • May 2010

Made a quick foto at my local dealer of trust

Top view of the two toe shapes from Layer-0

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎