Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

I really don't understand the wearability issue; I wear a lot of MMM and it's sneakers/ankle boots, nice slacks, sweaters w. patches, leathers or say tux jackets and similar articles. This is true for the women's but even then lots of girls I know wear it.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
      I really don't understand the wearability issue; I wear a lot of MMM and it's sneakers/ankle boots, nice slacks, sweaters w. patches, leathers or say tux jackets and similar articles. This is true for the women's but even then lots of girls I know wear it.
      at this point my litmus test for wearability is whether or not i can still complete such herculean tasks as raising a glass to my lips or shopping for more clothes, and even then I'll give a garment a pass if it is sufficiently cool. i do not know what these people do in their day to day lives that renders a particularly puffy coat unwearable. can't be much as they clearly a bunch of scurred bitches

Comment

• bryantyj
        • Jun 2010

Sorry for breaking up the discussion here but i am looking at the line sheet and the prices are ridiculous for a H&M collab. The prices go as high as US$500 for the belted jacket

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by stephlinn View Post
          not surprising but still depressing
          which I guess brings up the fact that the H&M/MMM was most likely made using this labor.
          Thank you! I needed exactly this for something I'm doing.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Rosenrot View Post
            Margiela cheat sheet

Surprised that this was written by Another, and not Lucky or Cosmo etc. No mention of the maison's history, just a shortcut for the new consumers to look like longtime fans of the house.
            Well, at least they clearly have the know-how. You think anyone at Lucky could do this? I highly doubt it.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Thank you! I needed exactly this for something I'm doing.
              Here's a more elaborate one off of International Labor Rights Forum if you're interested.
              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• christianef
                • Feb 2009

yep, margiela is my go to for normal basic ass sweaters slacks blazers and boots too. y**x is a goldmine for it obviously. sucks this collab is coming out right when f/w is about to go on sale makes paying $$ for it even more silly but dont want a bunch of h&m kids to start snakin my sale ishh though i assume theyll be ovr it by then

Comment

• stephlinn
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by rilu
                  i never bought anything from MMM (meaning, recent years) cause they refused to inform me on where the products were made. it's the same crappy yoox customer service that works for their online shop, i think, and that just refuses to give that information for any product.
                  yep when a company refuses to give information on its manufacturing or "doesn't know" (which is a reply I often get) that raises a big red flag

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

i never bought anything from MMM (meaning, recent years) cause they refused to inform me on where the products were made. it's the same crappy yoox customer service that works for their online shop, i think, and that just refuses to give that information for any product.
                    I thought everything is made in italy? You asked MMM directly or do you mean YOOX?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Just go to a MMM shop, you're in Belgium. If you're in Antwerp you go do Ann, Stephan Schneider and places where they sell MMM in one day. Honestly you will hardly get the complete picture anyway because fabrics themselves are mostly made in third world countries to the awesomely human standards you can expect.

Yoox: I have never bought from Yoox, maybe I should start to and have some sort of list of relatively easy to get items like MMM and Dries.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        The sense of elitism that undoubtedly pervades this forum is very logical. And if you really are not a troll than you will take care to learn it. Deal?
                        You think it is logical that a bunch of well-off students and alternative professionals wearing dark uniforms sold for $$$ be elitist? I agree from a sociological point of view but it doesn't mean it is pretty.

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

You think it is logical that a bunch of well-off students and alternative professionals wearing dark uniforms sold for $$$ be elitist? I agree from a sociological point of view but it doesn't mean it is pretty.
                          since when do you equate university teachers with alternative professionals? well it's true they have become much more underground and obscure than strategic planners...
                          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                            since when do you equate university teachers with alternative professionals? well it's true they have become much more underground and obscure than strategic planners...
                            You are an "alternative" professional when being at the liberty of dressing yourself like you want you are under the illusion that your job is edgy. It's like killing the father and forgetting that you have internalized him.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Haha, Fuuma delivers the goods. What I mean is elitism based on meritocracy. Yes, I know, your Uniqlo tees last longer than Rick, but in general...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• calv
                                • May 2009

^ there is one in brussel :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎