X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivans On High
    Banned
    • Oct 2008

Just an update of the price front - the bunker trench is $2449USD from RO NYC (where my original price was quoted from).

Some of you will have seen the bunker trench on LVR and antonioli for considerably less, so if any of these stores stock the boiled wool dom jacket it could be had for much less than $2970USD.
    Last edited by Ivans On High; 08-28-2009, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• jamesd
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by BSR View Post
      Here we are:

This is the boiled wool dom coat, right? Is it also called the cob coat?
      And does anyone know if it is available anywhere other than RO NYC?

Comment

• Ivans On High
        Banned
        • Oct 2008

Second time i've called it that lol... by mistake. It is the dom coat, not the corn cob coat.

Comment

• BSR
          • Aug 2008

Haha, look, I just expressed a skepticism about the trench's back based on a disappointing experience with the blazer. I hope I'm wrong on this induction and the coats will fit fine.

@CommieRabbit: Actually, I find the "bell" thing to be much more emphasized with Crust pieces than with their previous counterparts (I tried last summer blazers too to get a confirmation).

@MailMoth: I agree with you on the failure of the skinny pants/RO blazer combo, but IMO a 1-B blazer like the boiled wool one I tried is supposed to be a bit more versatile: if it is wearable only with skirt pants, it is doomed to stay often in the closet. I got the feeling that the global Rick system (driving someone to the total look) is expanding at the cost of the versatility of pieces taken one by one, that are by now less easy to integrate to a non-Rick outfit/wardrobe.

@theaddict: sorry mate, I didn't mean to assault the samurai, i just thought someone had already raised the bell case with it.

@all: maybe this bell thing is too next level to me!
          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• quiet noise
            Banned
            • Dec 2008

Is it just me or has rick hit a new bottom in terms of leather quality? i just went out and tried on his assymetrical leather jacket and the crazy high neck geo leather and i was horribly dissapointed.
            Whats the deal with with the thin, ultra coarse washed leather? imo it lacks all the characteristics that makes me want to wear leather

Comment

• Ilie
              • May 2008

Originally posted by Charlesdar View Post
              Its not Crocodile. Its American Alligator. Croc patches are not that big. Also, The bigger the patch patterns are (little squares, dont knot exact name) the older the gator, which means more expensive skin. This was at least a 50cm skin. Crocs are usually 35-40cm. Measures across widest part of the belly. American alligators are about $30 per CM.. Gurantee this piece will retail for well over $6000. Wouldnt be suprised if it was sitting at aroudn $10k. And its the same Gator that Isaac Sellam uses..
              this is porosus crocodile. and it s way more than 6K

Comment

• theaddict
                • Apr 2008

What leather was the hign neck? calf or lamb? I own the oiled calf version and the leather is top notch. dunno about the lamb though...

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
                Is it just me or has rick hit a new bottom in terms of leather quality? i just went out and tried on his assymetrical leather jacket and the crazy high neck geo leather and i was horribly dissapointed.
                Whats the deal with with the thin, ultra coarse washed leather? imo it lacks all the characteristics that makes me want to wear leather
                Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• sargon97
                  • Jan 2009

Any one seen decent fit pics of the Hi-collar Intarsia FW09/10. I'm specifically trying to get a feel for how the collar sits and how the jacket looks open. Also, is the sizing about the same as it was for SS09?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Why is this jacket called Intarsia? That's not what intarsia means...
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sargon97
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Was wondering that myself. Not even sure if RO calls it that.

Comment

• sargon97
                        • Jan 2009

Maybe its because of the layering of leather on the front part of the shoulders and down the front jacket panels. Creating a very basic mosaic effect. Maybe I'm grasping at straws.

Comment

• cabl3
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by sargon97 View Post
                          Any one seen decent fit pics of the Hi-collar Intarsia FW09/10. I'm specifically trying to get a feel for how the collar sits and how the jacket looks open. Also, is the sizing about the same as it was for SS09?

I belive this is the same one which is the lamb version apparently....too bad they didnt take a picture with it open.

Here is a post from the original RO thread...which actually has a few more pics..I hopet his helps you:
                          "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
                          - Wilde

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            I must be dumb, i don't understand any of the names, intarsia, mollino, berger... so i coined names for myself instead.
                            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• pierce
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2009

Hi guys,

I have a high collar in calf. Its very very heavy, definitely one for the frost. I think that all the different leather types will hang different when open, so it will be hard to judge without trying it on. I know the lamb ones in the pictures look very stiff, where as the calf is really soft, but keeps it's shape due to the sheer thickness of the leather. There is no way you could wear it during the summer so maybe bear that in mind when choosing.

this is the calf, you can get an impression of the leather, its not shiny like the ones in the other pictures.

Also an idea of the thickness when compare to this:

Hope this helps!

Comment

• kbi
                                • Feb 2009

The leather seams cheap because a lot of the lamb versions are sold "hammered" or treated in other ways. The hammered one at least refers to a treatment where someone actually irons the leather. I noticed the very thinn feeling of this leather too and most probably it is due to the "hammering" process ;). The calf high-collar is the exact opposite.. it looks thick and sick!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎