Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • line.theory
    • Feb 2011

Just thought I'd drop in here and say that the package arrived. I'm so relieved! It must just have been held up somewhere along the way.

Anyway, thanks everyone for all your helpful suggestions. It was very kind of you to take the time!

Comment

• swrecked
      • Sep 2011

I recently ordered from farfetch.com. They act as the middlemen between boutiques around the world and consumers, and provide a free worldwide return delivery service. It seems like a pretty innovative solution to a problem everyone seems to have, as long the boutique is on farfetch. Hopefully more boutiques will join over time.

Comment

• voice_on_tape
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by swrecked View Post
        I recently ordered from farfetch.com. They act as the middlemen between boutiques around the world and consumers, and provide a free worldwide return delivery service. It seems like a pretty innovative solution to a problem everyone seems to have, as long the boutique is on farfetch. Hopefully more boutiques will join over time.
        A few designers... Rick Owens for example, are now trying to keep boutiques from listing their labels through farfetch.
        -v_o_t
        sale items

Comment

• swrecked
          • Sep 2011

That's unfortunate. Are they trying to limit access maintain exclusivity?

Comment

• voice_on_tape
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by swrecked View Post
            That's unfortunate. Are they trying to limit access maintain exclusivity?
            not sure the exact reason, but i'm sure it has something to do with brand reputation as well as controlling their prices. its very common to limit a boutiques ability to advertise discounts, and some designers are more strict than others.
            -v_o_t
            sale items

Comment

• morsto
              • Nov 2008

Hi i have a customs issue which i hope someone has experience with.
              I have a package coming from hongkong, from a fellow member, sent as gift and valued at $50, but obviously worth much more.
              Now i just got a mail from customs saying they need a receipt due insufficient information on the package. Anyone tried this?
              I do not recognise the vessel,
              but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• eckblk
                • Mar 2010

How is the package being sent? UPS, FEDEX, EMS & where are you located?

Comment

• morsto
                  • Nov 2008

Im in denmark, package was sent via hong kong post

Comment

• eckblk
                    • Mar 2010

Sorry- I'm not too familiar with Denmark's customs policies; they sound pretty strict. I've never had any problems with HK speed post in the USA; it's forwarded to USPS here in the USA.

Comment

• morsto
                      • Nov 2008

well I've never had problems like this either and while I haven't received from hongkong before I have from all sorts of places, never had to show a receipt and considering the package was marked as a gift, I don't even know which receipt it is they want.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

I would guess that customs throughout scandinavia are fairly similar. they might pick out packages randomly even if theres a lower value marked, and sometimes they might suspect the goods are more valuable than claimed. or they could just randomly ask for further proof.

whether or not the gift factor is applicable varies by country, in some places it expempts you from duties, in others it doesn't.

I would reccomend first calling the customs there and asking what do when you receive a gift. if they say you don't have to pay duties, then just claim it as a gift and say the sender was asked to mark some value on it.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• swrecked
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by voice_on_tape View Post
                          not sure the exact reason, but i'm sure it has something to do with brand reputation as well as controlling their prices. its very common to limit a boutiques ability to advertise discounts, and some designers are more strict than others.
                          Perhaps. I'm not sure what the terms are when a boutique joins farfetch. I can say that the return process through them is pretty nice. They provide the customs invoice and shipping label. I printed them out and scheduled a pickup with DHL the same day. The package arrived in the UK 2 days later.

I wish it were that easy to order/return items from any online store, international or domestic.

Comment

• messenoire
                            • Nov 2009

this has probably been covered but if i ordered from hong kong, ink, would the tracking number switch over to usps once it hits the states ?

Comment

• diorowen
                              • Aug 2010

need a light here.
                              recently buy from a member here.
                              and he is shipping using Canada Post,
                              but the tracking said location is London?
                              and he said, he's using express shipping, cost 40 bucks,
                              but he quote me the item will come to Melbourne in 4-6 weeks?
                              does this make any sense?

coz I just scarred seller was just trying to pull time to make the paypal claim time expired.

best,
                              d
                              still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• Raw
                                • Oct 2009

If it's express, it should arrive no later than 10 days for sure. I normally wait 3 weeks for items to arrive before I contact the seller. But if he claims he used express then i would contact him after 10 days and try to resolve the issue. If you can't come to a resolution then make a claim after 3 weeks (from when the package was sent).

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎