X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vanquish_Gold
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Darklands View Post
    we are far from lacking business, either in store or online. if there is any fault at all that can be laid at our doorstep in this entire thread . . . it is simply that we are presently understaffed to accommodate our constantly rapidly increasing business.
    That explains your half-ass reply to write-in enquiry. Do remember that one of the most constant thing in this world is change

Comment

• Oasis
      • Apr 2011

I'm not even going to bother with a long winded reply to alot of the things said in here.

It's a little bit of eye opener, that's all I have to say.
      Originally posted by christianef
      u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• sshum88
        • Dec 2007

At the end of the day, caveat emptor applies. As a buyer, I would be very very reluctant to buy anything online from a store in Italy or Germany given the challenges of returning an item through Customs. And only if the store actually allows you to do so since what applies in-store may not apply when the item is purchase online due to how the laws are applied.

we require a level of commitment from our clients - if a Credit Note or exchange does not suffice then we suggest shopping elsewhere.
        Two members spoke up about the long delays in response in receiving a refund (1 waiting 2.5 months) - no fault of theirs when one is shipped the wrong item and the other is shipped the wrong size. As a buyer, we expect the seller to ship the item that was ordered in the correct size.

If not, then why shouldn't we receive a full refund including whatever fees incurred to return the item, and not have to be begging for it?
        Originally posted by eat me
        If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
          • Jan 2011

Would note that to those offended that just as you are free and entitled to certain rights, darklands, also a private entity, can make policies that you adhere to.

It is not as if they created the policy in response to the situation, the policy has been long disclosed and to me seems fair and understandable given the nature of the business.

Tl;dr
          Businesses have rights too

Comment

• Rosenrot
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post

Tl;dr
            Businesses have rights too
            They also have a responsibility in making sure that their customers receive the exact pieces they ordered.
            Originally posted by Patroklus
            Better too adventurous than not enough
            everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Rei
              • Oct 2011

yes and if you are one of those very few that live in the EU, completely ignore and disrespect our policy and order something - then demand to return it for money back (citing this ridiculous EU law) then yes - it will be the last item you ever buy from us online.
              This kinda attitude is in my opinion totally unnecessary and will eventually repel customers. Unfortunately laws are still laws. Sure stores have the right to make their own policies and nothing wrong with that, but would say this isn't the way to handle things.

Comment

• Slangking
                • Nov 2010

If a companies policy is not inline with the law then it is not a valid policy and cannot be enforced. The posts by Darklands about this are a perfect example of why businesses should never post on public forums.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Rosenrot View Post
                  They also have a responsibility in making sure that their customers receive the exact pieces they ordered.
                  To which they are trying To do as far as sizes go. A no return policy unless extenuating circumstances occur seems fair if strict.

It just seems that as consumers we do not treat retailers with the same consideration that they often give us.

I just get the vibe that a lot of criticism is very personal and emotional. Often it comes off to me as egocentric and spoiled

Comment

• gavagai
                    • May 2010

Eh enough is enough. Darklands has provided me with excellent service in the past. Once I did have to return an item and it was held in customs for a time. This is a country thing and has little to do with the business. Insure and track your packages and you have nothing to worry about.

Honestly, figure it out but trashing Darklands is a bit extreme.

I also think Darklands FAQ page is simple and very transparent.

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

a grail doesn't exist that's worth the hassle of dealing with online international retailers; especially, one that voluntarily and without any hesitation projects a very "unpleasant" vibe.

a retailer expecting a commitment from a customer? I always thought is was 'sposed to be the other way around.

the words caveat emptor never echoed louder.

I'm glad I live in nyc.

Comment

• diorowen
                        • Aug 2010

I dont see anything wrong with darklands policy.
                        I was once questioning them, because as a customer, we want to spend our money where it felts right.

But darklands has its point, they want customer commitment, in return of their commitment.
                        Campbell has already stated this, but unfortunately, some online buyer is just buying to try and ask for full refund(which i think is not right)
                        Therefore the business policy is just to protect them.
                        Well, just try to think if you are running darklands. You will want to minimize your risk of selling online right?
                        I think they just want to avoid flakers that might cause them loss.

As for the delays. Its most likely due to the custom. Nothing to do with darklands.
                        Delay in replying message? They have lots to answer and a store to run. Please understand.

Provide no measurement? Campbell always tell me the correct size that will fit me surely.

I've return my item twice. Due to wrong items being sent.
                        But thats still understandable. And once they got the item, they will surely let you know. Really, dont worry.
                        still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• nictan
                          • Jul 2009

Not to take sides or anything, but just from personal experience.

Ive always known about the 'no measurements' policy from Darklands, but there was once, in a moment of haste to purchase something, I completely forgot about it and repeatedly asked for measurements in some part of my emails to them.

Campbell simply replied politely that giving measurements was not their policy. I was kind of bummed about it, but accepted it as such.

And like he said, they're short of staff, and usually after a purchase, my emails requesting tracking number go unanswered. The OCD in me gets pissed off all the time, but packages always end up at my doorstep on time and in perfect condition.

There is always a risk buying (and selling) online. Part and parcel of it all. Im sure they have a reputation to uphold, and they're not gonna give it up anytime soon all just to shirk responsibility for one single item.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2011

waiting on a 900E package from darklands, is it likely I will get hit with customs? On one hand its valued very high, but on the other hand its just a black t shirt, trousers, and a leather belt

Comment

• gnow
                              • Jun 2010

If you took the price without VAT, you're gonna get hit by customs.

Comment

• Darklands
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
                                At the end of the day, caveat emptor applies. As a buyer, I would be very very reluctant to buy anything online from a store in Italy or Germany given the challenges of returning an item through Customs. And only if the store actually allows you to do so since what applies in-store may not apply when the item is purchase online due to how the laws are applied. If not, then why shouldn't we receive a full refund including whatever fees incurred to return the item, and not have to be begging for it?
                                in situations where the customer received a 'wrong size' (ordered a 50, got a 52 - which is very, very rare) yes, we would give a refund. we have always given a refund if we have sent the wrong item and the correct item is not available.

that is applicable, in one of the two above cases and when we have our item back, he will get his money back.

the other one here who got the 'wrong size' got exactly what we agreed on and what he ordered. he says it does not fit, so when the item comes back . . . he will get the correct size.

Two members spoke up about the long delays in response in receiving a refund (1 waiting 2.5 months) - no fault of theirs when one is shipped the wrong item and the other is shipped the wrong size. As a buyer, we expect the seller to ship the item that was ordered in the correct size.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎