• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darklands
    Banned
    • Nov 2008

EU

Originally posted by Christian View Post
    Not exactly, since it is mandarory (EU legislation) to refund any purchase bought online in the EU. Item has to be sent back within 7 days. Delay starts from the day of reception. Seller has 30 days to issue the refund, and should cover the shipping fees. Customer pays the returning shipping fees though.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...s/index_en.htm
    This applies only in the EU, making the comment pointless - as these people are clearly talking about returning something from outside the EU.

Comment

• Darklands
      Banned
      • Nov 2008

return

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
      You're almost certainly right. I was looking though, to see if there may have been further information that was obscured from my initial reading of the link.

I'll just have to retain faith that Darklands will be true to their word that they are making efforts to rectify the situation to the best of their abilities and that everything will work out in the end.
      that is a given. we have not gotten to where we are today by selling things and then not dealing with a return, as infrequently as they happen.

the same day an item arrives back we contact the client to see what the best option is to satisfy them.

Comment

• Oasis
        • Apr 2011

Surely EU customers are entitled to a full refund also, regardless of the website stating you'll only honour a refund within Germany?

Also customers are from there on in, barred from ordering online should they have to return an item?
        Originally posted by christianef
        u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• Darklands
          Banned
          • Nov 2008

feedback

Originally posted by Marko View Post
          If you have not worked import and export, you will not know how difficult it is to deal with customs. I have dealt with Darklandsberlin many times, always to my satisfaction, there is a reason their reputation is sterling. They have been doing this for years, they would not risk it all for an order or two.
          thanks for your feedback and support Marko - and for stating what should have been obvious to everyone else.

Comment

• Darklands
            Banned
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Oasis View Post
            Surely EU customers are entitled to a full refund also, regardless of the website stating you'll only honour a refund within Germany?

Also customers are from there on in, barred from ordering online should they have to return an item?
            we require a level of commitment from our clients - if a Credit Note or exchange does not suffice then we suggest shopping elsewhere.

there should be no surprises - our return policy is clearly stated on the site and if asked before buying (as often happens with first-timers) we are very quick and direct to answer what our policy is. with our clients - this is never an issue.

yes and if you are one of those very few that live in the EU, completely ignore and disrespect our policy and order something - then demand to return it for money back (citing this ridiculous EU law) then yes - it will be the last item you ever buy from us online.

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Darklands View Post
              we require a level of commitment from our clients - if a Credit Note or exchange does not suffice then we suggest shopping elsewhere.

there should be no surprises - our return policy is clearly stated on the site and if asked before buying (as often happens with first-timers) we are very quick and direct to answer what our policy is. with our clients - this is never an issue.

yes and if you are one of those very few that live in the EU, completely ignore and disrespect our policy and order something - then demand to return it for money back (citing this ridiculous EU law) then yes - it will be the last item you ever buy from us online.
              I have no doubt that you have the best of intentions, but I hope you realize that this type of response will only deter future customers...unless of course that is your intention, which I may not fully understand, but respect.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Darklands
                Banned
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                That's because there was no delivery attempt. For some reason this info (delivery attempt) always shows up in the tracking information when in fact the package did not leave the local custom office. You usually get the notice from the custom office a day after this strange "delivery attempt" shows up in tracking.
                If there would have been an attempt by DHL the package would now be at the post office and not at the custom office.
                that is 100% true and accurate. thank you for explaining what i said many times - there was no delivery attempt. there can be no delivery attempt until the item has cleared German customs.

i don't know why their tracking system says this . . . but it has always been this way.
                Last edited by Darklands; 09-12-2012, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• miserableman
                  • Dec 2009

I knew of the law, but also knew of darklands policy. So, if an EU customer wanted to, they could probably get a refund but who wants to create such an ugly situation with a store owner? where you're arguing the law with them?... and get themselves essentially banned from ordering in future? Not me, so I would also choose to shop elsewhere if I was anything other than 100% sure about the item being sold.

Comment

• Darklands
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                    I have no doubt that you have the best of intentions, but I hope you realize that this type of response will only deter future customers...unless of course that is your intention, which I may not fully understand, but respect.
                    we are well aware that some people may not be into that policy. these people can choose to shop elsewhere.

we are far from lacking business, either in store or online. if there is any fault at all that can be laid at our doorstep in this entire thread . . . it is simply that we are presently understaffed to accommodate our constantly rapidly increasing business.

we have no interest or time, to ship things all over the world for someone to try out . . . then return for a full refund.

Comment

• miserableman
                      • Dec 2009

we have no interest or time, to ship things all over the world for someone to try out . . . then return for a full refund.

Your responses are laughable to be honest. What store wants to deal with refunds and exchanges? NON of them.

But unlike you, most of them realise it is part and parcel of their chosen business, and something they are required to do by law.

Comment

• BSR
                        • Aug 2008

citing this ridiculous EU law

Darklands policy > EU law
                        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

Darklands über alles.

Comment

• Rosenrot
                            • Aug 2010

Wow okay, I'm sorry but just because you have tons of customers NOW, doesn't mean they'll linger around forever and ever. I'm actually contemplating on some of the womenswear you've just stocked, but I'm not so sure now what with your haughty attitude. You can have all the weird return policies you want (store credit, 30 Euro refund fee etc), but you don't have to be all high and mighty when stating them.
                            Originally posted by Patroklus
                            Better too adventurous than not enough
                            everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Darklands
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by miserableman View Post
                              Your responses are laughable to be honest. What store wants to deal with refunds and exchanges? NON of them.

But unlike you, most of them realise it is part and parcel of their chosen business, and something they are required to do by law.
                              of course we do deal with returns - we are not however required by law to give money back . . . except in the EU.

Comment

• Darklands
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Rosenrot View Post
                                Wow okay, I'm sorry but just because you have tons of customers NOW, doesn't mean they'll linger around forever and ever. I'm actually contemplating on some of the womenswear you've just stocked, but I'm not so sure now what with your haughty attitude. You can have all the weird return policies you want (store credit, 30 Euro refund fee etc), but you don't have to be all high and mighty when stating them.
                                not really sure what part of this you are interpreting as being 'high and mighty.' i am telling you simply what our policy is and why.

but as you can imagine it is not much fun being attacked firstly over unjust return situations and then shifting that into our non-money-back return policy. the latter will never change - so you other clients, can either buy into that . . . or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎